Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 05:53 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,141,740 times

Advertisements

Why are the quotes all messed up in this forum now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 06:28 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,567,920 times
The fact that Obama plans to veto this bill is sickening to say the least.

Old 07-24-2015, 06:34 PM

57,271 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Good point!
There is rather long history to the confederate flag, not just one incident

Old 07-24-2015, 08:38 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
Thanks for making my case, Hispanics are 16.4% of the population, and comit 6% of the Mass Murderers since 1982, meaning that the higher the hispanic population, the lower the crime rate of the population....
He didn't make your case, mate. That was a study on mass murders, not crime rate. And the study found that a more or less equal percentage of the respective population commit the same amount of mass murders. In other words, white people may commit more mass murder overall, but the same percentage of all white people become mass murderers as the percentage of all Hispanics become mass murderers.

I don't like the term Hispanic. It's too vague. It's meant to encompass all people south of Texas, but plenty of those people are white or black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Why are the quotes all messed up in this forum now?
I was just wondering this. I was having a hard time figuring out who was saying what.

Old 07-24-2015, 09:31 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
He didn't make your case, mate. That was a study on mass murders, not crime rate. And the study found that a more or less equal percentage of the respective population commit the same amount of mass murders. In other words, white people may commit more mass murder overall, but the same percentage of all white people become mass murderers as the percentage of all Hispanics become mass murderers.

I don't like the term Hispanic. It's too vague. It's meant to encompass all people south of Texas, but plenty of those people are white or black.

I was just wondering this. I was having a hard time figuring out who was saying what.
"Hispanic" ain't a race. It's a dishonest "legal" label. Like as in a blond hair blue eyed lady with white skin of Swedish family but born and raised in ARgentina IS a Hispanic or Latina. OTOH: a short little dude of Aztec and Spanish family but born and raised in Ireland is NOT Hispanic, he'd be an Irishman. In both cases; I'm talking about people who are citizens of those countries, NOT legal or illegal aliens.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:10 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Quote:
It is a fact that virtually all serial killers, and mass murderers in this country are caucasian
Not true.

Charles Ng wasn't white.

Neither was Juan Corona.

Neither was the black police officer in LA who killed numerous people a couple of years ago.

Neither was the Virginia Tech shooter.

Neither were the Beltway shooters right after 9/11.

Neither were the Zebra killers.

I'm sure many more examples of non-white mass murderers and serial killers could easily be found.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Thanks for making my case, Hispanics are 16.4% of the population, and comit 6% of the Mass Murderers since 1982, meaning that the higher the hispanic population, the lower the crime rate of the population....
Mass murders are only a small percentage of overall murders, so you haven't proven that Hispanics commit less murders than other groups.

They might well commit more, relative to their percentage of the population.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:17 PM

[quote=El Arresmillao;40547069]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post

just look at the facts, the more illegals, the lower the crime rates, what part of that can you not understand.....
That has not been proven at all.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:20 PM

Quote:
...the problem is that most of the radical right wingers are sick to their heads which would make it difficult for them to get guns, and therefore oppose all these sensible measures...
The people you call "radical right wingers" are more law abiding than other groups. Just compare Occupy Wall Street (radical left) to Tea Party rallies (politically conservative), where people pick up after themselves instead of trashing local businesses, rioting, looting, committing arson, etc.

Old 07-24-2015, 10:21 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
We don't need immigration reform or Kate's law or any of that. Or, if we do, how could we possibly know that?

We should start by enforcing the current laws. We can't judge our current laws now because we're treating them more as guidelines. We don't know if current immigration is effective or not until we actually do it properly. Once we let the laws work as they're meant to, we can decide what changes should be made, if any.
When will the people in our government realize your post is the answer to the problem? I wrote the president and told him we don't need immigration reform. There is nothing wrong with the laws on the books now and they were put there to take care of immigration by logical people. The problem is our immigration laws are not being enforced.

He wrote me back and told me I had an interesting prospective. The "leader" of our country that swore to uphold all our laws thinks that to enforce our immigration laws as they are written into law is an "interesting prospective." I think it is an interesting prospective that he does not realize it is his job to see that all laws are enforced. I don't think there was anything in the oath of office he took that entitles him to pick and choose which laws he likes enough to enforce. His job is to enforce all of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies