Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 09:52 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,633,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Deviants pretending to be normal?
So is a straight guy who gives women oral sex a deviant, or normal?

Old 07-13-2015, 09:58 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
A genetic cause for homosexuality is not scientifically possible. A homosexuality gene, if it existed, would quickly die out.
For all of human history homosexuality was to be hidden and the expectation on you was to have a child. You do know this?

If your were a really homosexual king you still had to impregnate your wife. If you were a farmer, you had to make sure you got a son.

Its not like homosexuals do not have the ability to have sex with women and have children.

surprised that this didn't occur to you.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:01 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,434,173 times
Quote:
yeah I do care when they shove their opinions in my face and insist that I abide by them while calling my racist, homophobe, etc
like holding hands, sharing a kiss in public?

How about those damn Irish, do they **** you off too with their parades and green stuff?

Old 07-13-2015, 10:02 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,381,135 times
Quote:
I dont care really its just that I am tried of the liberal left wing idiots who insist that its a gentic cause when they have no clue about science.

I wish gay people would keep their bussiness in their bedroom. tired of seeing it all over yahoo, the gay parades..etc.
Perhaps if you actually provided factual information based on science supporting what is otherwise nothing more than your opinion, some minds would be changed.

You haven't and they won't.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Cannot argue that at all.
I sure can. I thought gays only make up 2% of the population, not 2%. Further, since only around 6 gay couples have stepped forward to get married in my county of 80,000 people since last fall, it may even be fewer than 2%.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:05 AM

6,414 posts, read 10,491,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
Then in a family of four children how did ineffective parenting result in only one child turning out straight? Why didn't ineffective parenting make all four children gay?
In my family on my moms side, my older uncle is gay and three of my four brothers are gay from a different dad then myself. My mom had six kids and only my oldest brother and my sister are straight. On my dads side I have several nieces that are lesbians from my sisters from my dad. Out of my five sisters and five brothers, plus myself, only my sisters and a brother are straight. I think that there are way more people with homosexual leanings then reported, many are in the closet and will not dare to disclose their being gay, even in a survey, for that would be their own self declaration of their sexual orientation. One of my older brothers has been gay for many years, but he is also strongly Catholic and will not say he is gay or even bi, but has a boyfriend. He says that he is straight because if he wanted to, he could still be with a woman. He has been divorced twice, his second wife divorced him because he had a boyfriend on the side, then ended up marrying the guy my brother was seeing. She lasted about 4 years with my brother and has been with this other man for about 20 years now. So, from my experience, sexuality and sexual orientation are very fluid, but most are not going to be honest enough to admit they have any attraction to the same sex and mask it with condemnation of those that have the temerity to be out of the closet.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:15 AM

9,408 posts, read 11,931,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceist View Post
It's over. You're decades behind the times and spouting old long debunked pseudoscience promoted by anti-gay religious groups.

Catch up. This is the 21st century.
Not to them it isn't. They still profess a belief in an omnipotent, invisible, male father-figure diety.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post
In my family on my moms side, my older uncle is gay and three of my four brothers are gay from a different dad then myself. My mom had six kids and only my oldest brother and my sister are straight. On my dads side I have several nieces that are lesbians from my sisters from my dad. Out of my five sisters and five brothers, plus myself, only my sisters and a brother are straight. I think that there are way more people with homosexual leanings then reported, many are in the closet and will not dare to disclose their being gay, even in a survey, for that would be their own self declaration of their sexual orientation. One of my older brothers has been gay for many years, but he is also strongly Catholic and will not say he is gay or even bi, but has a boyfriend. He says that he is straight because if he wanted to, he could still be with a woman. He has been divorced twice, his second wife divorced him because he had a boyfriend on the side, then ended up marrying the guy my brother was seeing. She lasted about 4 years with my brother and has been with this other man for about 20 years now. So, from my experience, sexuality and sexual orientation are very fluid, but most are not going to be honest enough to admit they have any attraction to the same sex and mask it with condemnation of those that have the temerity to be out of the closet.
Interesting observation. Throw in the fluidity of sexual orientation and that suggests something else is at play, something not based on genetics.

Old 07-13-2015, 10:32 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,017,180 times
Quote:
yeah I do care when they shove their opinions in my face and insist that I abide by them while calling my racist, homophobe, etc
Nobody is shoving anything in your face. You're choosing to pay attention.

Look at all the advertising in the world... I'm largely oblivious to most of it because I choose not to pay attention, yet it's still everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuckity View Post
They're forcing you to be gay?
Help! Seeing other gay people is causing me to be gay!

Quote:
A genetic cause for homosexuality is not scientifically possible. A homosexuality gene, if it existed, would quickly die out.
That's actually factually not true.

A gene can be recessive.

You can have the homosexual (or whatever) gene and not actually be affected by it.

Old 07-13-2015, 11:01 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDragonslayer View Post

"Fluid" and "born that way" seem self-contradictory.

Comment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies