Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 05:33 AM

80 posts, read 61,563 times

Advertisements

He's absolutely right its become a world wide religion and now blessed by the Pope.

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever:
Quote:
'Global warming is a non-problem'
'I say this to Obama: Excuse me, Mr. President, but you're wrong. Dead wrong.'
'Global warming really has become a new religion.'
"I am worried very much about the [UN] conference in Paris in November...I think that the people who are alarmist are in a very strong position.'
'We have to stop wasting huge, I mean huge amounts of money on global warming.
Nobel Scientist Says Obama's

Old 07-09-2015, 05:37 AM

19,573 posts, read 8,513,185 times
The leftist lynch mob will not stand for such insolence directed towards their progressive messiah.

Old 07-09-2015, 06:40 AM

57,230 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshoe View Post
He's absolutely right its become a world wide religion and now blessed by the Pope.

Nobel Prize Winning Physicist Dr. Ivar Giaever:

Nobel Scientist Says Obama's

Obviously a good physicist but no background in climate change and very little interest.

Quote:
I am not really terribly interested in global warming. Like most physicists I
don’t think much about it
. But in 2008 I was in a panel here about global
warming and I had to learn something about it. And I spent a day or so — half a
day maybe on Google
, and I was horrified by what I learned. And I’m going to
try to explain to you why that was the case
Nobel Laureate Ivar Giaever: Obama Is 'Dead Wrong' on Climate Change : snopes.com

Old 07-09-2015, 08:22 AM

19,717 posts, read 10,109,755 times
Have you noticed that any scientist, no matter what his field, who believes in global warming is a genius, but those that don't are idiots? Many of the scientists that the global warming people praise are not climate experts, but let a non-expert come out against global warming and they are wrong.

Old 07-09-2015, 09:01 AM

80 posts, read 61,563 times
Quote:
Have you noticed that any scientist, no matter what his field, who believes in global warming is a genius, but those that don't are idiots? Many of the scientists that the global warming people praise are not climate experts, but let a non-expert come out against global warming and they are wrong.
Excellent post!!!

Old 07-09-2015, 09:17 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Heresy!

Old 07-09-2015, 10:10 AM

674 posts, read 610,942 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
That could be because those who are not among the denial crowd either dug into the actual papers involved or are clear-headed enough to listen to actual experts instead of, you know, those who don't actually know anything about the subject.

I'll give an analogy here. Suppose Person A wants to quote one of my papers. Person A will be right about the topic covered in the paper. That does not make that person an expert in my field, but it does mean that the person is basically quoting my results, possibly simplifying them to make them easier for a general audience to consume. It would not be wrong to trust someone quoting my results (after all, they're in math, so they leave no room at all for doubt), even if that person doesn't really understand why the results are true.

Suppose Person B has a similar level of understanding, and she went around claiming that my results were wrong. Person B would be untrustworthy. Those results are not wrong, and I proved that they are not. Such claims require a stubborn lack of expertise or an agenda or both.

Remember, Person A and Person B are equally knowledgeable (i.e., they know what the results are, but the probably don't have the expertise to reproduce them). Person A is more honest, though, because Person A doesn't pretend to be able to overturn a mathematical proof without doing any work.

In discussions of climate change, there are plenty of people like Person B. It's a sign of something fishy going on when someone claims to be able to overturn a bunch of rigorous scientific research without doing any actual work.

We are right to be suspicious of such people.

On the other hand, those who read the results of others' research and work to communicate those results to the public, especially when the implications of the results are a serious as they are with climate change research, are doing something laudable.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:12 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,864,463 times
Science is a *****.

Old 07-09-2015, 10:21 AM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
If you want to know about dinosaur bones you ask a paleontologist.
If you want to know about the speed of light you ask a physicist.
And if you want to know about the Earths overall climate you ask a climate scientist.

97% of all climate scientists believe man made global warming is most likely happening.
http://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

The corporate backed Fox news and Rush radio say "global warming is a hoax." They say this because combating global warming would decrease corporate profits.
Dealing in Doubt | Greenpeace

Old 07-09-2015, 10:23 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Obviously a good physicist but no background in climate change and very little interest.

Nobel Laureate Ivar Giaever: Obama Is 'Dead Wrong' on Climate Change : snopes.com
And Obama and the governing powers have a back ground in climate change?

Yet their leader claims that climate change is the number one threat in the world?

Why do the lemmings accept the doom and gloom claims but reject anything that disputes them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies