Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Mexico sending us the best people they have, in general?
YES 11 6.21%
NO 154 87.01%
I don't know 12 6.78%
Voters: 177. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,865,118 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Mexico doesn't send anyone. They don't get together and vote on it. The president doesn't direct anyone to leave. There are no congressional committees to decide who has to leave for America. Individual Mexicans make individual choices for various reasons I don't presume to know.
False. Mexico's policies and authorities do help smuggle and send drugs and people to America. Even if all they did was just look the other way, which isn't all they're doing, they'd still be responsible.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 01:13 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,457,152 times
Mexico (Trump specifies he means The Mexican Government) is not selecting and "sending us" anyone.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:30 PM

The illegals are primarily lower class from the rural south of Mexico and from rural Central America where unemployment is high due to changes in farming practices, crops, and automation. Local unemployment is driving them to Mexico's industrial cities and to the US in search of jobs. Illegal immigration anywhere in the world (Central America>USA, Africa>Europe, Asians>Australia) is primarily unemployed people willing to risk their lives for the chance at a better life for their families.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:32 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,098,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
The illegals are primarily lower class from the rural south of Mexico and from rural Central America where unemployment is high due to changes in farming practices, crops, and automation. Local unemployment is driving them to Mexico's industrial cities and to the US in search of jobs. Illegal immigration anywhere in the world (Central America>USA, Africa>Europe, Asians>Australia) is primarily unemployed people willing to risk their lives for the chance at a better life for their families.
That doesn't justify it. While they are looking for a better life they are making American lives tougher. No one has the right to a better at the expense of others.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:37 PM

Quote:
If any country allows, let alone encourages, its citizen to illegally cross another country's borders, then it is responsible. Mexico is also responsible for their citizen being in a position to want to cross our border in the first place.

I recently purchased a TV and a refrigerator. They were both made in Mexico. They are consuming up our job market from both ends.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I recently purchased a TV and a refrigerator. They were both made in Mexico. They are consuming up our job market from both ends.
Made in Mexico by US companies that closed their US manufacturing plants and moved their operations to Mexico. Blame your corporate overlords. Mexico makes the bigger heavier items (fridges, cars...) that are less economic to ship over from China.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Made in Mexico by US companies that closed their US manufacturing plants and moved their operations to Mexico. Blame your corporate overlords.
Who said I'm not blaming corporations? I've been blaming them all along for supporting illegal immigration. you must not have read any of my posts. I'm blaming Bill Clinton for NAFTA too. Do you?

Old 07-09-2015, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Who said I'm not blaming corporations? I've been blaming them all along for supporting illegal immigration. you must not have read any of my posts. I'm blaming Bill Clinton for NAFTA too. Do you?
Bill signed a bill that was years in the making by Reagan, Bush, and the overwhelming majority of Republicans in Congress,

Old 07-09-2015, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Bill signed a bill that was years in the making by Reagan, Bush, and the overwhelming majority of Republicans in Congress,
Clinton advocated for it and signed it. He completely owns his responsibility. Are you going to blame Clinton or not? I didn't think so.

Old 07-09-2015, 01:52 PM

10,006 posts, read 15,643,440 times
Quote:
Made in Mexico by US companies that closed their US manufacturing plants and moved their operations to Mexico. Blame your corporate overlords. Mexico makes the bigger heavier items (fridges, cars...) that are less economic to ship over from China.
So if our jobs went there, what's their excuse to sneaking into the US?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies