Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2015, 05:46 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,628,539 times

Advertisements

The article in the link is fairly long, and ,to me, seems to run in a circle. Always returning to the point of "white privelege" and white non cohesiveness as to race issues. That, meaning that whites look at racism from their own, individual, little worlds. That's a fancy way of saying we white need to get out more. ...

The article loses interest for me, as it always returns to racism , as a projected force, being lay at the feet of white people. ALL white people, regardless of their own principles on the matter, because being white , we enjoy "privilege" by rote, and are therefore guilty. I know a black guy I would like to show this article to. He owns a spread, down from another friend of mines. He's originally from Alabama, is in our age group, 50-60, and he would laugh at this overanalyzed compilation of linguistics.

His life is subject to the exact , same, rules as ours are, as white people. We are no different, other than he's happens to.be black and we are white. We got to laughing one day, about "white privilege" , or specifically, the lack of it, in our lifestyle, that being ranching and smaller scale farming,. All of us are dealing with the same issues, devoid of any racial factor, at all.

Only once did that pop up, when a visiting cousin of his, from Alabama, was taken aback at two white cowboys riding in to help him with an injured cow that the bull had pushed into a tangle of wire. He doesn't ride and needed the herd, such as it is penned and the injured animal culled for vetting. Meh, in my world, skin color holds less importance than if the day is cloudy or clear. Nobody has any inmate "privilege", a and we just do what needs doing. The worst "enemy" we have is Ma Nature, and she can't care what color we are.

Thus, my take on "racism" and "privilege" ,is, that they are constructs of people who have nothing better to do with their time, and have no real sense of community and common purpose. Thank God I'm a country boy!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 08:38 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Ask any Black person and they’ll tell you the same thing. The reality of thousands of innocent people raped, shot...
The reality is that hundreds of thousands of Americans are victimized in interracial violence every year, and in the vast majority of cases the perpetrator is black.

New DOJ statistics on race and violent crime

Old 07-10-2015, 08:55 AM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
If white leftists have so much white guilt, they should go spend all of their spare time volunteering in poor minority communities and actually doing something worthwhile with themselves to directly help the others they claim to have so much concern for.

Instead they'd rather whine for hours and hours about so-called white privilege, right wingers, and other such divisive rhetoric. Over, and over, and over...

Tells me all I need to know.

Old 07-10-2015, 09:01 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The article in the link is fairly long, and ,to me, seems to run in a circle. Always returning to the point of "white privelege" and white non cohesiveness as to race issues. That, meaning that whites look at racism from their own, individual, little worlds. That's a fancy way of saying we white need to get out more. ...

The article loses interest for me, as it always returns to racism , as a projected force, being lay at the feet of white people. ALL white people, regardless of their own principles on the matter, because being white , we enjoy "privilege" by rote, and are therefore guilty. I know a black guy I would like to show this article to. He owns a spread, down from another friend of mines. He's originally from Alabama, is in our age group, 50-60, and he would laugh at this overanalyzed compilation of linguistics.

His life is subject to the exact , same, rules as ours are, as white people. We are no different, other than he's happens to.be black and we are white. We got to laughing one day, about "white privilege" , or specifically, the lack of it, in our lifestyle, that being ranching and smaller scale farming,. All of us are dealing with the same issues, devoid of any racial factor, at all.

Only once did that pop up, when a visiting cousin of his, from Alabama, was taken aback at two white cowboys riding in to help him with an injured cow that the bull had pushed into a tangle of wire. He doesn't ride and needed the herd, such as it is penned and the injured animal culled for vetting. Meh, in my world, skin color holds less importance than if the day is cloudy or clear. Nobody has any inmate "privilege", a and we just do what needs doing. The worst "enemy" we have is Ma Nature, and she can't care what color we are.

Thus, my take on "racism" and "privilege" ,is, that they are constructs of people who have nothing better to do with their time, and have no real sense of community and common purpose. Thank God I'm a country boy!!
well said my friend, very well said. too bad i cant rep you for this post, but i can give you this

Old 07-10-2015, 10:33 PM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
If white leftists have so much white guilt, they should go spend all of their spare time volunteering in poor minority communities and actually doing something worthwhile with themselves to directly help the others they claim to have so much concern for.

Instead they'd rather whine for hours and hours about so-called white privilege, right wingers, and other such divisive rhetoric. Over, and over, and over...

Tells me all I need to know.
Good point.

I remember the young sixties idealists/liberals going into the ghettos to try to make a difference.

I was even persuaded to do that myself by a local minister when I was in high school.

He ran an after-school music program in a ghetto church and I participated for a couple of months.

Then he got stabbed, almost died, and that was the end of that.

Old 07-10-2015, 10:54 PM

8,030 posts, read 9,052,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Good point.

I remember the young sixties idealists/liberals going into the ghettos to try to make a difference.

I was even persuaded to do that myself by a local minister when I was in high school.

He ran an after-school music program in a ghetto church and I participated for a couple of months.

Then he got stabbed, almost died, and that was the end of that.
That incident is very unfortunate. But it's also not common. In our area many church volunteers go into poor, underserved, and refugee communities to help. It does really make a difference for many.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies