Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2015, 03:27 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,617,348 times

Advertisements

I grew up in Southern California. I'm white (typical Scots Irish stock that migrated to the Carolinas in the early 1700s). Over half of the people I knew growing up were Mexican. Based on statistics, my guess is some of them were in the US illegally. They were like pretty much every group of people I've ever known - some good, some bad. What is it with the conservative brain that makes them think people who don't look like them are up to no good? Are Mexicans the new Muslims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-09-2015, 03:28 PM

10,160 posts, read 11,138,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mexican is not an ethnicity
I agree and your Post is Relevant...

Old 07-09-2015, 03:30 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,643,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrymac View Post
Brown people???
You must be a racist because I never mentioned brown people....I just said illegals and we don't need any new laws just enforce the old ones.

No country can survive without securing their borders but I guess that's no concern for you.
Yeah, I got your twofer.

The confederate flag is not racist. It's all about honoring our ancestors and has nothing to do with segregation and we're not against Mexicans who we claim rape, pillage, steal and commit all the crime in America. We're just against those illegals who committed a misdemeanor by crossing the border.

I'm not buyiong any bridges you're selling and I don't believe a word you're posting.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:31 PM

62,758 posts, read 28,957,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
mexican is not an ethnicity
I had to laugh at the hypocricy of the one you just replied to. She is crying about stereotyping all Mexicans (illegal or legal I gather) and no we are not and yet all day long in here she stereotypes all white, conservatives as racists.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:32 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,324,205 times
Quote:
What I find truly sad is how you people try and defend illegals.... speaks volumes.
They must not have to deal with them, If they did they would have a different view.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:32 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,599,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
I grew up in Southern California. I'm white (typical Scots Irish stock that migrated to the Carolinas in the early 1700s). Over half of the people I knew growing up were Mexican. Based on statistics, my guess is some of them were in the US illegally. They were like pretty much every group of people I've ever known - some good, some bad. What is it with the conservative brain that makes them think people who don't look like them are up to no good? Are Mexicans the new Muslims?
Ya damn those borders... no big deal right.
Oh and just wait till the next terrorist attack comes from someone who crossed one of our porous borders.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:33 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,528,349 times
Quote:
Oh and just wait till the next terrorist attack comes from someone who crossed one of our porous borders.
Why don't you address his post? Why do cons believe all Mexicans are illegal and also that all Mexicans commit crimes?

Old 07-09-2015, 03:36 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,617,348 times
Quote:
Huh? How many terrorists have crossed the Mexican-American border illegally? None.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:39 PM

62,758 posts, read 28,957,688 times
Quote:
Brown people???
You must be a racist because I never mentioned brown people....I just said illegals and we don't need any new laws just enforce the old ones.

No country can survive without securing their borders but I guess that's no concern for you.
He also wants a path to permanent residency (and probably citizenship down the line) for illegals as he stated in his post. Why? There is no reason whatsoever to amnesty them or to give them permanent residency or anything else. They had no respect for our immigration laws and many of them are felons (and no that isn't stereotyping it is a fact) from stealing ID's, income tax evasion, returning after being deported, etc. Those crimes will all be forgiven though. Why?

We need the jobs that these illegals are holding. How does allowing illegals to remain here fix that? They are low waged earners many with larger families and would end up on our welfare coffers to subsidize their earnings. There is nothing about amnesty for them that is a plus to our own citizens. It's a big negative. There is no reform either as they like to say. How are our immigration laws being reformed? It would still be against the law to come here illegally in the future. Nothing changes in our immigration laws so it's no reform.

Old 07-09-2015, 03:40 PM

2,476 posts, read 2,599,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why don't you address his post? Why do cons believe all Mexicans are illegal and also that all Mexicans commit crimes?

Hmmm I believe anyone who ILLEGALLY crosses into America..... is a criminal, what don't you understand.
So yes all illegals are criminals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies