Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2016, 12:44 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,925,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
The "right" opposes high min wages, and they would have their workers making $7.25 per hour in the year 2025. The right also opposes stopping US jobs being moved to Asia. How could this republican nation be wealthy with low wage jobs and moving their jobs to Asia?
Senate Republicans Vote Against American Jobs By Blocking Bill To End Outsourcing Tax Breaks

And today we live in a age of scientific technology. Today in America 94% of scientists are liberals. How could the "right" nation be successful in today's age without having scientists?
Only Six Percent Of Scientists Are Republicans: Pew Poll

And the majority of college professors are liberals. How could citizens in the "right" nation even get a higher education?

Most wealthy people are liberal including doctors, psychiatrists, lawyers, journalists, artists, musicians, authors, ex.ex. And liberals don't mind paying their fair share of taxes. Liberal billionaires even want to pay more taxes.

Bill Gates: Tax the Rich More to Help Reduce Deficit - Mic
Billionaire Warren Buffett Tells Congress To Raise Taxes On Wealthy - ABC News

Reality is the "right" nation would be begging the "left" nation for new technology, medical care, news, art, music, books and higher education. And with time many would be begging the left for clean water and safe food. The "right" nation would abolish the EPA so corporations could pollute at will, then much of their water and land would be poisoned and polluted to the point their food and water was not safe.

Plus you would loose all love of football and basketball, because most black Americans are democrats (just think of how the right nation would be destroyed in NFL/NBA games.)

Still want your "right" nation?
It doesn't sound like they do.

Personally, I like E Pluribus Unum.

(BTW very well done, reality checks & all!)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2016, 12:50 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Secession wouldn't be necessary if the founders' vision of a confederation of independent states were honored, with Washington only providing a national defense of our borders and leaving everything else to the states.

That possibility was ruled out when Lincoln invaded the South and won, so we are stuck with a powerful federal government and limited states' rights.

It is possible for Americans to self-segregate on a regional basis.

It doesn't happen, however, because there are too many non-political factors involved in any decision to move somewhere else -- such as job opportunities. So people are thrown together when they wouldn't otherwise want to be together.

Another civil war might take place, followed by carving up the country into separate nations.

I wouldn't rule out that possibility.

Last edited by dechatelet; 04-05-2016 at 01:31 AM..

Old 04-05-2016, 01:05 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
You gonna secede from your neighbor?

There isn't even one state where the majority or republicans like Trump and your going to throw a tantrum and threaten to have your entire state secede?

I want to know if you would move to a state that did secede, or stay in your state that didn't and complain?

It`s not really about Trump.

Trump is the only one willing to say what white working Americans think and, of course, no one wants to hear that!

As long as working whites, and particularly working white males, continue to pay taxes, serve in the military and accept the fact that give-away government programs are not intended for them, there will be no impetus to change a system that benefits everyone except them.

Me?

I`m just waiting for the first state to announce they have had enough and are separating from the US.

I`ll be one of the first ones to relocate regardless of which state it happens to be.

The alternative is to stay here as an official second-class citizen and wage and tax slave for the rest of my life.

I love America.

I always have, but I have to concede that the America I have always loved no longer exists.

Old 04-05-2016, 01:25 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Second, Trump is a liberal. It's hysterical watching right wingers fawn over him now because of the immigration comments. Check out his past interviews. Before he became a 'conservative,' he was pro-choice, pro-gays in the military, pro universal health care and favored the assault weapon ban....
It's obvious that most liberals don't believe Trump is a liberal.

If they did, they would support him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
The western midwest, near west, and south control most of the ag, natural resources, land mass, and land based nuclear weapons.

Such a nation would be prosperous and would supercede the current US, as it would not have the impediment of a welfare state, illegal immigrants, trial lawyers, terrible trade agreements, and minorities who tend to reduce the strength of the nation.

It would be win-win. Liberals would have all the illegals, minorities, gays, welfare recipients, and "victims", while the conservative states would have all the people who work, believe in education, and support individual liberties over those of the state.

I would think EVERY LIBERAL would support this, as it would show which systems produces the best results. Within five years, "liberal" America would look like Somalia, and would be impoverished, weak, and ripe for a for foreign subjugation. I just wonder what nation would want such a burden, unless it was devoid of the residents.
Well said.

Maybe the productive people in this country should go on strike for a month. No more truckers delivering groceries. No more farmers harvesting crops. Oil and gas wells shut in. Etc.

Cities having power outages. No gasoline for cars. Empty shelves in stores. ATM machines not working....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
I would be all for eliminating the union-of-states, and just making the land-mass of the USA
into 4 or 5 FULLY INDEPENDENT countries.

When a country gets so large, corrupt, insane and powerful, that is usually the beginning of the end.
History is on your side. Rome was fine until it became an empire and overreached itself. The same goes for Spain, France, Germany, the Austro-Hungarian Empire, the Soviet Union, and England.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
Nyc would look like detroit if not for Wall Street, which ironically, liberals want to crush.
Yes, it's interesting how the libs praise NYC's prosperity while doing everything they can to destroy that prosperity.

Common sense and reason are not a lib strong point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Detroit exist because the city was built on one industry, when that industry moved on and crumbled, so did the city.
We still have an auto industry, which seems to be doing very well.

Detroit -- not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I'll be more than happy to let the right secede. In fact, I'm FOR it. Secede right on out of this country.

Get on ships and leave. Hope you like your new Republic. But none of these 50 States will be part of it.
If anyone is leaving on ships, it won't be members of the right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
has anybody actually listen to those that are complaining, its not the public that complaining, its the media superstars and politicians in washington, I guess they are **** because nobody invited them to the game, they want to take their football and go home.

for once the public pick somebody that actually had a job, and the media cant handle it
LOL

So true!

Old 04-05-2016, 01:38 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,363,818 times
What happens to Guam in this scenario? Hasn't anyone thought about that?

For the love of God...what about Guam?!?!?!?!?!?

Old 04-05-2016, 02:08 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I bet you couldn't even get a decent size minority to vote in favor of secession in Texas.

Before or after Hillary takes office?

Old 04-05-2016, 03:40 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,783,759 times
Secession is very unlikely because, even if the Federation did not invade, it would stop all Federal spending in the rebellious state. do you really think the businessmen of TEXAS would like to see, or worse, have to support all the military dependent industry in Texas? Even with all that oil and nearly free labor from nearby Mexico, Texas could not afford to leave the US.

The irony of this current election is Trump and Sanders are effectively on the side of the majority of the population and Cruz, Kasich and Clinton are on the side of the ruling elites. Given their positions the election should be between a Sanders/Trump ticket and a Clinton/Cruz effort.

Old 04-05-2016, 06:22 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb The Popularity of Trump is a Great Argument for Secession

Any y'all wingnuts wants to leave, the door's open.

Can't take your state with you, though.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:03 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,647,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Any y'all wingnuts wants to leave, the door's open.

Can't take your state with you, though.

OMG! Is that picture real??? And were they really protesting 'Cosmos'???

I find it so hard to believe how stupid people can be.

Old 04-05-2016, 07:39 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
It`s not really about Trump.

Trump is the only one willing to say what white working Americans think and, of course, no one wants to hear that!

As long as working whites, and particularly working white males, continue to pay taxes, serve in the military and accept the fact that give-away government programs are not intended for them, there will be no impetus to change a system that benefits everyone except them.

Me?

I`m just waiting for the first state to announce they have had enough and are separating from the US.

I`ll be one of the first ones to relocate regardless of which state it happens to be.

The alternative is to stay here as an official second-class citizen and wage and tax slave for the rest of my life.

I love America.

I always have, but I have to concede that the America I have always loved no longer exists.

Oh, you are mad, because Obama started a Conservative movement, like no other?
One that is threatening the political establishment, that got us in this mess we are in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies