Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-11-2015, 10:44 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Sun is centuries overdue for a dormant phase.

Increased CH4 and CO2 in the atmosphere will help offset this.

Thank God for the industrial age.
We do not have to suffer the cold if we send money to Al Gore.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:45 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
We're joking about it now but it might not be so funny in 2030 if this is accurate (only 97% accuracy). It's pretty scary when you think of the Global Cooling we've had in the past (probably retroactively caused by the Confederate Flag).

Old 07-11-2015, 10:46 AM

30,351 posts, read 19,128,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicet4 View Post
We do not have to suffer the cold if we send money to Al Gore.
Global Warming stopped on the election of Obama. Maybe if we grant him rule of the Planet, he'll consent to stop the upcoming Global Cooling.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:46 AM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We're joking about it now but it might not be so funny in 2030 if this is accurate (only 97% accuracy). It's pretty scary when you think of the Global Cooling we've had in the past (probably retroactively caused by the Confederate Flag).
Nobody's laughing.

Old 07-11-2015, 10:54 AM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
I recall reading that the last Maunder Minimum saw a long, severe drought in North America west of the Mississippi and what is now the SE US. So don't count on food being available from those areas even if the they have longer growing seasons than the NE US.

See the Roanoke Lost Colony.

There was a reason the native americans were still living in the stone age when the Europeans arrived. It was the climate of North America that would wreck havoc on whatever civilization they managed to establish in the good years.

See Chaco Canyon.

Last edited by Goinback2011; 07-11-2015 at 11:08 AM..

Old 07-11-2015, 10:58 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AuburnAL View Post
I wish this had happened when I was young so I could have had more snow to play in.
It did happen when I was young, er, the additional snow part did at least a couple of times along with a few hotter than normal summers. Big deal, normal.....but then a lot of the stuff sending shivers up the backs of today's tightly wound were considered just daily occurrences back then.

This is why I'm not listening to Al Gore or any other nutbar who thinks man has any control or effect over the earth's climate environment to a greater extent than natural occurring events.

Just one itty-bitty volcano or the current forest fires in Canada render us nothing more than observer status to the real impacts upon the climate.

I'm not going to be here for the real event so.......... preach all you like and I will give it the import it I think it deserves. Zip!

Old 07-11-2015, 11:40 AM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spatula city View Post
some of you people seem to think that all of science is a team of about 12 people sitting in a room with test tubes, coming to agreements about what kind of statements they should make to the press.

If this happens, it is probably fortuitous for us, but it doesn't mean that warming won't occur.

The models predicted mini ice age levels of solar activity, not mini-ice age temperatures on earth. But i guess you can't expect people with a third grade reading comprehension to understand the distinction, and apparently neither does the daily mail (probably because that's their reader base).

If their models are good, just how much this will offset the co2-caused warming remains to be seen.

Paris or Bust!

Old 07-11-2015, 12:05 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,539,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spatula City View Post
Some of you people seem to think that all of science is a team of about 12 people sitting in a room with test tubes, coming to agreements about what kind of statements they should make to the press.

If this happens, it is probably fortuitous for us, but it doesn't mean that warming won't occur.

The models predicted Mini Ice Age levels of SOLAR ACTIVITY, not mini-ice age temperatures on Earth. But I guess you can't expect people with a third grade reading comprehension to understand the distinction, and apparently neither does the Daily Mail (probably because that's their reader base).

If their models are good, just how much this will offset the CO2-caused warming remains to be seen.
Apparently your brainwashers totally neglected to tell you about the relationship between solar activity and temperature in the historical record.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:20 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,941,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you find it rather amazing that these AGW deniers find these few scientists credible, yet say the tens of thousands of climate scientists are lying to the public, just so they can get funding?

Astronomers are more credible - they haven't gone 'post-normal'.

Old 07-11-2015, 12:21 PM
mm4

5,711 posts, read 3,976,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Don't you find it rather amazing that these AGW deniers find these few scientists credible, yet say the tens of thousands of climate scientists are lying to the public, just so they can get funding?
Popularity contests also have a miserable track record in studies of History of Science.

Especially globalist foundation-, 'Climate' derivative trading-, and public money-sponsored ones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies