Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 12:10 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,820,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

But how is Lenin, someone who advocated terror and mass executions of political prisoners not offensive to these same people?
Because the progressive liberals are communist, bolsheviks?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2015, 12:15 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,599,285 times
My great great great grandfather, a confederate veteran, is buried in that cemetery. I don't really care if they take the monument down. History has moved on.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by armory View Post
Is it a shock to anyone she is a white progressive liberal feminist? Why are white people so up in arms against anything they perceive to be relatively connected to slavery, something which is occurring in countries all over the world at present? Do they care or even acknowledge the fact? Does it cleanse their otherwise RACIST souls to be such A-holes? There is no other explanation for it. Not even the great divider makes such a big deal of it and he is a racist.
This is a good question. Some of these "white" liberal activist people are jewish or that's usually the mastermind, of course not all of them are jewish and many are genuine white. Many of them are communist and brainwashed by communist in our education system.

These white social justice warriors just use issues like the confederate symbols, slavery and black people etc as a weapon against other white people. Some white people out of jealousy and envy will do anything to try to bring down other white people. Using race as a biological/genetic weapon and a shield probably got them more mileage tearing down other whites than anything. You could call it a form of classism. It's all mainly motivated by jealous, envy and a thirst for power and control over other white people.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:24 AM

3,951 posts, read 7,173,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post

But how is Lenin, someone who advocated terror and mass executions of political prisoners not offensive to these same people?
No better than having a statue of Hitler.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:55 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,147,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
I'd like to call for the removal of Seattle
An earthquake or volcanic eruption will eventually remove western Washington.

Old 07-13-2015, 01:06 AM

1,956 posts, read 3,621,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
This is a good question. Some of these "white" liberal activist people are jewish or that's usually the mastermind, of course not all of them are jewish and many are genuine white. Many of them are communist and brainwashed by communist in our education system.

These white social justice warriors just use issues like the confederate symbols, slavery and black people etc as a weapon against other white people. Some white people out of jealousy and envy will do anything to try to bring down other white people. Using race as a biological/genetic weapon and a shield probably got them more mileage tearing down other whites than anything. You could call it a form of classism. It's all mainly motivated by jealous, envy and a thirst for power and control over other white people.

Old 07-13-2015, 02:44 AM

Progressives aka commies everywhere more like it.

Old 07-13-2015, 05:45 AM

26,286 posts, read 14,891,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
False, if you realized what I said in my first post in this thread, you would realize I agreed with the mayor of Seattle, this is on private property so there isn't anything the city can do about that, just like the Lenin statue.

Sorry, not you specifically because you clearly do not identify as right wing or conservative. I don't know how you see yourself politically, though I am guessing it is not liberal.

Actually the history of the statue and the artist who made it is very interesting, it is also a rare statue that showed Lenin for who he really was. If you aren't interested in the history of it, then that is your problem, I simply gave you a link that told you or anyone else who wished to click on it the history.

And again, you would be in your right to put up a Hitler statue in your front yard if you wanted, much like your neighbors would be free to have a negative opinion of you. The beauty of a free country. Let us know how that Hitler statue is coming, I am curious what it will look like.

And for your last question, you assume there has been no fuss over the Lenin statue....is that because you just heard about it and have yet to bother to look up if it ever bothered anyone? I find the history interesting, I think it is an inappropriate statue, but it is on private land, so there isn't much I can do but have a negative opinion of Lenin. Though with that said, I do not have a negative opinion of the art or the sculptor.
Completely absurd.

The statue according to both of our links subtly insults Lenin and was made under Soviet oppresion, by showing Lenin as fierce faced rather than intellectual. Ooooh. The statue was good enough to be approved by Soviet Lenin worshiping overlords.

Once again, if I had a Hitler statue in an urban setting on private property with similar subtle digs that were so subtle that Nazi Germany approved of it, I would expect people to make a fuss. There has been little fuss over this Lenin statue and none that is apparently organized like the organized protest forming against the confederate statue.

How you cannot see the difference between a few comments from individuals about "are you sure you should have a totalitarian statue" and an organized protest is beyond me.

You also ignored the fact that legally cities can make people take things off their private property. You also ignored the fact that freedom of speech and petition includes the right of people to try and remove things like Lenin Statues, Confederate Statues, and Hitler Statues from private property.

I am actually liberal on a lot of issues.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:19 PM

39,808 posts, read 26,354,878 times
The perpetually butt-hurt are just coming out of the woodwork these days.

Old 07-13-2015, 12:30 PM

29,958 posts, read 18,802,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
That's cute, if it wasn't for those pesky liberals trying to divide this country instead of doing what the right wingers told them to do without giving them any lip.
Political Correctness Nazis chasing down Confederate's in the grave to try to desecrate them is not divisive is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies