Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 04:30 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,266,067 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I love it when progressives' PC backfires on them. If we did this more often PC would collapse.

Donald Trump -- Macy's Takes it In the Shorts Over Firing | TMZ.com
yeahhhh, way to go America....I refuse to shop there any longer, tell you what, it's time these corporations stop trying to control people thru TV and the Media....which they own....

Americans are finally fighting back, and I'm hopeful again....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2015, 04:39 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Google "Macy's downsizing."

Donald had no reason to keep his stuff in their failing stores.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,304,341 times
Good! They should. If they are against what Trump stands for, they are un-American. Screw them!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Google "Macy's downsizing."

Donald had no reason to keep his stuff in their failing stores.
yes, I had heard...and now this....

Macy's got so greedy...and when you allow money to make your decisions...it's going to eventually come back and bite you right where it hurts....

Never ever make a decision without weighing all the costs...which is something America doesn't do anymore...quick fixes, and to hell with the long term effects...well, Macy's is a prime example...people are getting real sick and tired of being told how to think or feel...no, let me re-phrase that, people are getting sick and tired of being afraid of speaking up and fighting the establishment!

Way to go America! Finally people are waking up!!! Finally!!! It is not about what party you belong to, what it's about is our rights as American's.

AMerica, stop allowing a powerful government to get even more powerful thru corporations....

Stop this insanity or it will be our demise...

Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Good! They should. If they are against what Trump stands for, they are un-American. Screw them!
I believe there is still hope for us...

You may not agree with Trump on every issue, you can't.....but all in all, he's got an investment to protect..and me thinks he knows more then most of us are willing to focus on.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:55 AM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,172 times
Personally I would NEVER buy anything that the Donald's name on it but I would not be surprised if he paid for this articles. I made a point of telling the salesclerk at Macy's how happy I was to see them removing his shirts immediately. I doubt I am in the minority. Why anyone would want him to profit from their hard earned money is beyond me.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post
Personally I would NEVER buy anything that the Donald's name on it but I would not be surprised if he paid for this articles. I made a point of telling the salesclerk at Macy's how happy I was to see them removing his shirts immediately. I doubt I am in the minority. Why anyone would want him to profit from their hard earned money is beyond me.
well, I am so glad there are less people like you who think they can dictate to others how to think and feel...about issues.....

I'm done with Macy's.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:13 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,435,569 times
Macy's is the classic "We've marked everything up 100% this weekend so that we can give you awesome discounts of 50%" department store.

Of course, they only talk about the 50% discount.

I think they started that whole "get 'em in the door" routine.

Old 07-15-2015, 05:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechatelet View Post
Macy's is the classic "We've marked everything up 100% this weekend so that we can give you awesome discounts of 50%" department store.

Of course, they only talk about the 50% discount.

I think they started that whole "get 'em in the door" routine.
well, this was a bad call on their part, b/c presently, Amazon and Walmart are doing a "Christmas in July" Special/Sales, that gives Black Friday a whole new meaning, so????

Besides, people are actually cutting up their Macy's charges....and tons of people have written Macy's to show their disrespect, including myself...

Old 07-15-2015, 06:39 AM

11,780 posts, read 5,792,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nurider2002 View Post

And you have that choice to never buy a Trump item, but you don't have the right to dictate to someone else that they can not buy one. You do realize that everyone has prejudices right - no one is immune - even yourself - so you're probably buying someone's products who you don't agree with but they chose not to make their opinions public knowledge.

What has happened to this party? When I became a Democrat 40 yrs ago - we still had brains - we could think outside the box - we may not have agreed with all the beliefs but enough so that we supported the party. We now have a bunch of mindless sheeple - who take in and believe all the liberal media tells you without question.

Direct post from "What it means to be a Democrat"

[CENTER]Support Freedom of Speech[/CENTER]
The right for people to express their beliefs and advocate their ideas is paramount in a democracy. Though as unique people, we will find some ideas repugnant, but the First Amendment is vital to the free exchange of ideas and should never be violated.

And yet the majority of you name call, condemn, threaten others who hold different opinions.

If you call yourself a Democrat - bout time you all acted like one.

The problem with the Democratic party nowadays is that it is as preachy and condescending as the old time Republican party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies