Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 04:36 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Right... he's been arrested twice in the last year for possession of marijuana but it's cigarettes (which he doesn't smoke) that give him those symptoms.
I suggested the cigarettes in an effort to throw you a bone.

the short version is you do not have a clue and clearly lack any real understanding on this topic. his arrests have nothing to do with proving weed is addictive, that merely shows it is a breach of current law in some locations.

His withdrawal symptoms are utter nonsense and not even close to real addiction. My guess is he has spun you a story and you have fallen for it because you lacked any real knowledge or experience.

perhaps the dude is addicted to something, but it is not weed.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:38 PM

463 posts, read 320,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
well lets take a look at your statement.

you are claiming that you weigh anecdotal evidence above empirical evidence ..

""""I give much more credence to firsthand accounts like that and those of my own than I do any "studies", """"""

That alone makes trying to talk to you about anything at all absolutely pointless, it leaves you in the flat earth gang, or those who think the sun spins around the earth. Discounting science and elevating stories you heard or told is just lame nonsense, you may as well be reading tea leaves.

my guess is you want to pretend weed is some magical plant that unlike most other organic compounds does not produce highly toxic chemicals when combusted....
Hmmm. Well, I am sorry if that is how I come off to you, because that is not at all what I am trying to project.

When it comes to cannabis specificly, do you know how many "scientific studies" I could quote to you that contains blatantly false information and conclusions? Thousands. Especially ones funded by the US government. I think you know that.

I am ALL FOR science. I deal with science every day, and revel in it, in fact. That isn't the problem. The problem is that money trumps science.

I submit that with a subject as corrupt as the Marijuana Tax Stamp Act of 1937, and all the industries that profit from it which has flourished since, that money can make any "scientific" study about it say anything the funder needs it to say.

Do you disagree with that statement?

Old 07-15-2015, 04:45 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Good for them.

On what basis?

It's psychologically addictive, and there are dozens of studies to prove it.

I'll let you dopeheads have your dope under the following conditions:

1] you have to obtain a license to purchase, possess, use or transport marihuana; and
2] no person receiving any State or federal benefits, excluding Social Security retirement benefits can obtain a license; and
3] the licenses costs $5,000 annually.

The license fees make up for all of the damage dopeheads do.

Suing...

Mircea

the good news is we don't need your permission.
we have the numbers, you don't.

You will get nothing on your list and there is nothing you can do about it, so tough luck mate.
your kids will be able to buy weed when old enough, and no matter what you do , no matter how much you cry in the end weed is coming to your state, your town, your street.

in the words of Nelson "Ha Ha!

Old 07-15-2015, 04:47 PM

50,786 posts, read 36,486,545 times
Quote:
Good for them.

On what basis?

1] you have to obtain a license to purchase, possess, use or transport marihuana; and
2] no person receiving any State or federal benefits, excluding Social Security retirement benefits can obtain a license; and

Suing...

Mircea
^^This post exemplifies what I was talking about, regarding the difference in the level of discourse and rational and logical thought between the two sides.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:55 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,637,619 times
Quote:
Good for them.

On what basis?

Suing...

Mircea
The nanny staters are running amok in this thread.

Old 07-15-2015, 04:59 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times
Closed for review.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies