Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2015, 01:40 AM

2,572 posts, read 4,228,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSmith From San Antone View Post
Are you saying that there is a gay agenda?
Yep, we do have an agenda. We are going to change the name of San Antonio Texas to San Francisco treat!

Old 07-14-2015, 02:14 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,477,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
We're gonna outlaw traditional marriage and make gay wedding attendance compulsory.

In fact we're gonna force you ALL to marry a gay man. Woohoo!
How utterly absurd.

Old 07-14-2015, 02:15 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,477,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyyfanatic85 View Post
I'm just hoping they go away, please just leave the rest of us alone. But I highly doubt that will happen.
Why are you a hot straight guy, who turns on gays?

Old 07-14-2015, 06:26 AM

4,540 posts, read 2,740,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackSmith From San Antone View Post
Are you saying that there is a gay agenda?
Well of courth there ith don't be thilly! Onth all the White male patriotth are buthy having gay sexth, our army of black muthlem feminitht lethbianth will carry out operathion Jade Helm and our thexthual dominathion will be complete!

Old 07-14-2015, 07:10 AM

17,842 posts, read 14,314,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Even though gay marriage is legal in all 50 states, you know the most annoying people in America, I mean, the gay/transgender rights activists aren't going to be done yet. Will they target churches next? Force public schools to recognize the gay rights movement the same way they recognize the 1960s civil rights movement? Have a national holiday for gays? Have a Caitlin Jenner day(like MLK day)?

What do you think?
How long do you think the most annoying people in America are going to continue posting gay bashing threads like this one on anonymous forums?

Old 07-14-2015, 07:57 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,673,906 times
they get to enjoy the perks of marital bliss! Should be good fro the divorce attorneys...
Cops Arrest Woman, 57, For Battering Female Domestic Partner With *****
Buster | The Smoking Gun

Old 07-14-2015, 08:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 4,078,983 times
The fight is far from over. Here is my personal stake in this.

Years before, when I first started working in my current line of work (which I love), I was hired into a company with another guy. 3 months after, the other guy was fired due to lack of performance and all his assignments were given to me. For the next year, I did all my work and got good reviews.

Then one day someone noticed that I always referred to my significant other as "they". He asked me and I came out. I didn't think much of it. Then I started noticing people being cold to me. Before I know it, nothing I did was right. I was held up to impossible standards. My evaluations all of a sudden came back all negative. I was eventually talked into resigning.

After that, I decided to go back deep into the closet. Found another company in the same line of work where I again excelled. And just a few years later, I was headhunted by a multi-billion dollar firm right into one of their management teams and a huge pay raise. All it took for me to succeed was to be deep in the closet.

It took me years to be able to share this with anyone. And even then, I've only told a hand full of people who asked. The few I've told always asked me why didn't I sue?

It may surprise most of you to find that most of us lgbt people aren't the suing type. We just want to live our lives in peace. We want to climb the corporate ladder just as much as the next person. We don't want to cause a scene. As an example, whenever my boyfriend and I go out and we get as much as a dirty look from someone, we just leave. And yes, we do get dirty looks when we go out.

And no, we're not flamboyant. We're both masculine guys wearing normal clothing. I drive an SUV and he drives car. I pay for the mortgage and he pays for the grocery and other things. We have 2 dogs. We have a typical middle class family house with a 2.5 car garage and a concrete driveway. We go out on weekends. Other than the fact that we're 2 guys living together, everything else about us is as typical as the next American couple.

The few lgbt people who made a scene would end up on CNN and then everyone in the country thought that's what gay people do, make scenes. We cringe every time we hear about some gay person making a fake accusation like that lesbian waitress.

With that first firm I worked for that forced me out, causing a scene was the last thing I wanted to do. I just picked up the pieces and moved on with my life.

Discrimination does happen in Corporate America. Most of the time, people who discriminate have become so good at it that their actions are very subtle and they make sure they don't leave a trail behind. It's not like the movies at all where everything is obvious and out in the open for everyone to see and your lawyer had no problem showing proof of discrimination to the jury and everyone claps at the end when the court rules in favor of the gay guy and everyone lives happily ever after.

I often tell people this. It's not the loud and obnoxious anti-gay people like the westboro baptist church that keeps me up at night. Aside from being loud and obnoxious, they are harmless. All they do is draw your attention. Heck, even the mormon church doesn't keep me up at night with the millions of dollars in campaigning against us. The real people who keep me up at night are the quiet ones who lurk in the dark. They're the ones that are really friendly to you but when you're not looking they cause you to lose your job.

So no, the fight is far from over.

Last edited by MetroWord; 07-14-2015 at 08:17 AM..

Old 07-14-2015, 09:25 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,013,012 times
Adoption rights.

It should be illegal to refuse a couple the ability to adopt a child based upon sexuality. So, that should be the next logical focus of the movement.

Old 07-14-2015, 09:32 AM

26,781 posts, read 15,026,316 times
Seeing that homosexuality is a very small part of the population and not the norm why should their example of "sexuality" be the example that child is raised with?

Old 07-14-2015, 09:34 AM

8,346 posts, read 7,013,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Seeing that homosexuality is a very small part of the population and not the norm why should their example of "sexuality" be the example that child is raised with?
Why should their status of being against the norm be a disqualifier for raising a child in a loving family?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies