Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-14-2015, 03:44 PM

57,015 posts, read 25,978,952 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
Hard to say.

Bibi's been screeching about this for over 20 years.

All concerned should cut him a check.

Netanyahu stated in 1992 that Iran was 3-5 years away from having a nuclear weapon, he wanted Bush to not only invade Iraq but also Iran, he has no credibility.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2015, 04:26 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm31828 View Post
Yep, screw him- we are working with other world leaders on this deal to try to come to a compromise that works for everyone. Israel is mad because it's not as harsh as THEY want. Well screw THEM- this is not just about Israel. And this is a good deal- certainly better than the alternative which includes a hell of a messy war, which I'm sure Israel wants the US to fight for them.
Easy for you to say.. you are sitting in the United States, not in Israel next to Iran who promised to blow Israel off the map.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:31 PM

25,792 posts, read 16,434,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Puhlease you knew the Death to Isreal crowd would come out in force for this thread.
It's interesting the hatred the left has for Israel. I don't quite understand it, unless it's embarrassing for them how Israel took a piece of land no one wanted and had seen nothing but poverty and turned it into a showplace of efficiency, culture and art AND wealth. I guess their intelligence and their whiteness is just too much to bear?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:36 PM

68,297 posts, read 54,176,344 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
No Way did I think there were so many Israel haters!

There is no way in hell that I would trust the Woosie-lying US,so I wouldn't blame Israel if their bombers were in the air right now!

Go ISRAEL!

If that's the choice Israel makes they should be left to face the consequences of that choice.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:37 PM

33,507 posts, read 18,059,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
As I have proven repeatedly, Israel cannot engage in any successful military action.

Israel never makes public threats. If Israel had the military capability of taking out the dual-reactors at Bushwehr, they would have done so long ago, and you wouldn't have known anything about it until after the fact.

Iran has no nuclear weapons program, so they won't have a "bomb."

If you think you're competent to discuss nuclear weapons, tell us what kind of bomb Iran may be building, the kilotonnage and how it will be deployed.

I keep challenging people, but they all run away. I guess that's what happens when people don't really know what they're talking about.

Atomically...

Mircea
You actually think Iran has nothing..

Iran's Nuclear Timetable | Iran Watch

f 1,053 kg of low-enriched uranium are required to produce a bomb’s worth of weapon-grade uranium (see note d), the 8,715 kg of low-enriched uranium in Iran’s stockpile as of May 2015 might be sufficient to fuel about eight first generation implosion bombs.[f] The IAEA estimates the conversion time for low-enriched uranium to weapon-grade uranium metal to be approximately 3-12 months (www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/nvs-3-cd/PDF/NVS3_prn.pdf).
[g] According to the IAEA, Iran had produced about 1,010 kg of low-enriched UF6 by late January 2009. Given the average daily production rate of this material at the time, Iran's stockpile probably contained the requisite 1,053 kg by the following month.
[h] As of May 2015, Iran was operating 54 cascades of approximately 9,000 first-generation IR-1 centrifuges (9,156 according to the IAEA) in Production Hall A of the Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant.
[i] According to production data at the Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant, Iran's IR-1 centrifuges have achieved an average annual output of about .78 Separative Work Units, or SWUs, per machine. A SWU is a standard measure of the effort required to increase the concentration of the fissionable U-235 isotope within natural uranium. Based on the assumptions set forth above (see note d), Iran would need approximately 955 SWUs to bring 1,053 kg of low-enriched UF6 to weapon grade. If each of Iran's roughly 9,000 operating centrifuges produces an average of .78 SWUs per year, their total output over one year would be 7,020 SWUs, or 585 SWUs per month. Thus, it would take about 1.6 months to produce 955 SWUs.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Easy for you to say.. you are sitting in the United States, not in Israel next to Iran who promised to blow Israel off the map.
Please supply a link(s) of Iran threatening "to blow Israel off the map". I've heard them say they'd live to see the death of Israel or that they'd destroy Tel Aviv if Israel attacked Iran but when/where have they made direct threats?

Old 07-14-2015, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
It's interesting the hatred the left has for Israel. I don't quite understand it, unless it's embarrassing for them how Israel took a piece of land no one wanted and had seen nothing but poverty and turned it into a showplace of efficiency, culture and art AND wealth. I guess their intelligence and their whiteness is just too much to bear?

it's not a hatred of Israel, it's dislike of another country trying to suck us in to fighting a war for them.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:41 PM

847 posts, read 764,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
You actually think Iran has nothing..

Iran's Nuclear Timetable | Iran Watch

f 1,053 kg of low-enriched uranium are required to produce a bomb’s worth of weapon-grade uranium (see note d), the 8,715 kg of low-enriched uranium in Iran’s stockpile as of May 2015 might be sufficient to fuel about eight first generation implosion bombs.[f] The IAEA estimates the conversion time for low-enriched uranium to weapon-grade uranium metal to be approximately 3-12 months (www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/PDF/nvs-3-cd/PDF/NVS3_prn.pdf).
[g] According to the IAEA, Iran had produced about 1,010 kg of low-enriched UF6 by late January 2009. Given the average daily production rate of this material at the time, Iran's stockpile probably contained the requisite 1,053 kg by the following month.
[h] As of May 2015, Iran was operating 54 cascades of approximately 9,000 first-generation IR-1 centrifuges (9,156 according to the IAEA) in Production Hall A of the Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant.
[i] According to production data at the Natanz Fuel Enrichment Plant, Iran's IR-1 centrifuges have achieved an average annual output of about .78 Separative Work Units, or SWUs, per machine. A SWU is a standard measure of the effort required to increase the concentration of the fissionable U-235 isotope within natural uranium. Based on the assumptions set forth above (see note d), Iran would need approximately 955 SWUs to bring 1,053 kg of low-enriched UF6 to weapon grade. If each of Iran's roughly 9,000 operating centrifuges produces an average of .78 SWUs per year, their total output over one year would be 7,020 SWUs, or 585 SWUs per month. Thus, it would take about 1.6 months to produce 955 SWUs.
The NPT was designed by the U.S and Soviets back in 60s.
and that same NPT allows countries to enrich uranium. there is nothing in NPT that denies any country the right to enrich Uranium.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:43 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,726,876 times
No one here hates Israel, or the Jewish People. We just don't want to be their lapdogs.

Old 07-14-2015, 04:49 PM

1,609 posts, read 1,076,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
No one here hates Israel, or the Jewish People. We just don't want to be their lapdogs.
This is a terrible agreement. We should not even be talking to Iran. I pray Congress votes this down. It is not just Israel that would be in danger, it is the whole world, USA included. I'm shocked that BO and Kerry would do this, but then I guess I shouldn't be. Both are totally unknowledgeable (I'm being nice here) about almost anything they do from their offices. Kerry IMHO is a traitor to America after his testimony when he returned from the Vietnam War, his words about his fellow soldiers and his throwing his military medals over the fence. BO is just dumb about everything he does and ends up being very dangerous to American security. Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies