Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2015, 09:31 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,731,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
I have associates who are so called moderate Muslims....they make money...drink on occasion and like fast cars....the reality is there is no such thing as a self described moderate Muslim...these guys in truth have dumped the silly parts of ancient Islam. They are no longer real Muslims....they has blended into western society and have keep the GOOD and logical doctrines of the faith....just like real Christians who have jettisoned the silly parts of Christianity...
No different than most Jewish people, too.

There are more than 40,000 Christian denominations in the U.S. Obviously, Christianity is open to interpretation no different than any religion.

All religions are man made, attributed to God, appropriate for the times.

People have rationalized their barbaric violence and land and wealth grabs with religion, all along.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2015, 09:41 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
I have associates who are so called moderate Muslims....they make money...drink on occasion and like fast cars....the reality is there is no such thing as a self described moderate Muslim...these guys in truth have dumped the silly parts of ancient Islam. They are no longer real Muslims....they has blended into western society and have keep the GOOD and logical doctrines of the faith....just like real Christians who have jettisoned the silly parts of Christianity...
So I guess we just need you to figure out which are the moderate Muslims and which aren't. My best Saudi friend when I worked in Saudi was friendly and helpful but he was devout and told me he would do whatever his religious leaders told him to do.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:42 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
IF the father is the traditional head of the family and is being watched...then it makes sense that those who he is in authority over should also be on the watch list. Why did those doing the watching overlook this basic premise?
CNN said he wasnt on a "Terror watch list", he was being investigated because of a donation to Charity

Old 07-17-2015, 09:47 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
So I guess we just need you to figure out which are the moderate Muslims and which aren't. My best Saudi friend when I worked in Saudi was friendly and helpful but he was devout and told me he would do whatever his religious leaders told him to do.

I have know quite a few in my life also, with bad experiences with them. Gets me in trouble I write the truth, and some people just see these people as we are. And get **** at me for stating the truth.

That is a mistake, one thing I learn from them, no matter where they live, their Upbringing their ideals, there Religion, comes before all other things, no matter how Americanized some feel they are.

And I also heard from them, how much they hate America, deep down, I have a hard time feeling that they can really change and fit into our society, when their Society stands for something so different from ours.

Our downfall, will be people who see them, as we are, they are not, they come from a different mindset. I cannot change my mind until I personally know some, who prove me wrong.

Old 07-17-2015, 09:52 AM

30,369 posts, read 19,156,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
No different than most Jewish people, too.

There are more than 40,000 Christian denominations in the U.S. Obviously, Christianity is open to interpretation no different than any religion.

All religions are man made, attributed to God, appropriate for the times.

People have rationalized their barbaric violence and land and wealth grabs with religion, all along.
The difference is that Muslims don't get along with Christians, Hindu, Jewish, Atheists, or Buddhists. In theory I agree with the sentiment that we have to judge each by their action, not their religion but in practice, there are just too many Muslims that do horrific acts in the name of the Religion (superstition) to risk allowing them in a free Democracy.

Last edited by Tall Traveler; 07-17-2015 at 09:53 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 07-17-2015, 09:54 AM

2,884 posts, read 5,641,002 times
[SIZE=2]Islam is a political movement masquerading as a religion. obama knows that and supports it, he is working for the enemy. Always has been, always will be. The man is corrupt and hates America, and is succeeding in it's destruction.
The people who support him are complicit in what is happening to this once great country. All you democrats must be proud, I know Hitler would be proud of all of you..!
[/SIZE]

Old 07-17-2015, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
The father was on the watch list and removed but clearly at home this family must have negative thoughts about Americans and probably Jewish people.

Why would a child an American loving parents commit this horrific murders!

There is way more going on with this family and probably friends who share the same ideas.

This has been going on for decades in Europe where Muslim younger people feel entitled and don't want to work and feel it should all be given to them. The naturalize to become a citizen but never a citizen in their heart but just for benefits and the easy way of living.

This government even gave more Muslims a path to stay here and we have no clue what their real thoughts are but more and more we see people dress with scarf and religious clothes confirming their way of living.

Why don't they go to Saudi Arabia or other so called free countries where they fit in better then a Western country.

These types of attacks will become the norm to scare us all and destroy our economy and becoming scared to go to places.
You are an immigrant and have expressed plenty of negative thoughts about Americans on CD forums. Should we become concerned? How does the U.S. determine the " real thoughts" of any immigrant, let alone those born here? If a government could read the minds of all people, it could prevent all violence.

Does it bother you to observe Orthadox Jews in traditional attire? How about Indians? Maybe it would make you more comfortable to see them dressed with their pants hanging below their butts or their body parts hanging out for public view, as is common in the U.S.?

Most people immigrate to the U.S. for the same reasons, opportunity and lifestyle.

I was at the WTC in 1993 and 9/11. I can't imagine giving my power away and hiding out under my bed.
Like most people, I am far more likely to die prematurely due to my own personal habits than I am being a victim of terrorism or the whack job of the week , who decides to shoot a bunch of strangers, just because.

Last edited by middle-aged mom; 07-17-2015 at 10:12 AM..

Old 07-17-2015, 09:57 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,568,955 times
We need way more attention to upping our intelligence, and we need the ability to profile.
This is classic -- the father's a radical muslim and already has raised concerns with the FBI, his son is at the prime recruiting age and actually leaves here for an extended stay in a Muslim country, then comes back. But the ball was dropped....dots weren't connected. Exactly what allowed 911 to happen.

Any son of a radical muslim here needs to be profiled NOW -- no matter how "all American" he appears.

Old 07-17-2015, 10:02 AM

1,984 posts, read 1,700,367 times
The same day Abdulazeez killed four people, the guy in Colorado was convicted of killing three times as many. He wasn't a Muslim. But nobody seems to be attacking his religion (whatever that is).

The Dusty had it right (can't rep you again so soon after giving you one on some other thread). There is a ton of speculation being represented as fact here.

As for being kept on a watch list, keep in mind that these are US Citizens. The law prohibits the collection of intelligence on US citizens. Unless you are tied to a criminal activity (terrorism in this country is a crime), the NSA, CIA and FBI can't just 'keep track' of you, irrespective of what religion you are. That's illegal. (Google the term 'Intelligence Oversight.')

For an example of where that sort of behavior is legal, look to Russia, China and North Korea.

Let's not generalize the really bad conduct of one screwed up guy in Tennessee to everyone with whom he shares a religion. That will allow us to focus our criminal and intelligence resources on the really bad actors in that - and any other - religion.

Just sayin...

Old 07-17-2015, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The difference is that Muslims don't get along with Christians, Hindu, Jewish, Atheists, or Buddhists. In theory I agree with the sentiment that we have to judge each by their action, not their religion but in practice, there are just too many Muslims that do horrific acts in the name of the Religion (superstition) to risk allowing them in a free Democracy.
Sounds like someone is using a broad brush to paint all Muslims. How many of the 1.6 billion Muslims in the world have you known?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies