Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: If they are pushing more for one gender to be homosexual, which do you think it is?
There is more coverage / a push for men to become homosexual 20 76.92%
There is more coverage / a push for women to become homosexual 6 23.08%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 09:18 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,042,401 times

Advertisements

Anymore it is impossible to watch a movie or show without the token or full blown pushed gay people / agenda / jokes despite homosexuality being a small minority. Do you think they are making a push for american women to become homosexual more than men to become homosexual?

Old 07-18-2015, 09:19 AM

1,790 posts, read 2,051,309 times
No.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:24 AM

1,371 posts, read 1,932,228 times
Don't worry, nobody is going to make you suck a fatty

Old 07-18-2015, 09:25 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
What a weird idea. How do people "become" homosexual? They either are or they aren't.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:28 AM

11,110 posts, read 9,809,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNigh View Post
Anymore it is impossible to watch a movie or show without the token or full blown pushed gay people / agenda / jokes despite homosexuality being a small minority. Do you think they are making a push for american women to become homosexual more than men to become homosexual?
The fact that you hold to the inane idea that people become as opposed to are homosexual speaks volumes.

We get it. You want to the world to go back to pretending that homosexuality does not exist. But that's not going to happen.

I wonder, do you similarly whine about the fact that men comprise the vast majority of characters in virtually all films despite being only 49% of the population? Of course you don't. So it seems obvious that you really don't have a problem with the ratio screen time for homosexuals compared to their actual frequency in the population (a claim you haven't backed up with a shred of evidence, by the way) but that they are represented at all. And let me guess - years ago, when gays were depicted with far less frequency compared to their actual existence, you had no problem with that, either... right?

You don't like gays, we get it. Too bad. Deal with it.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:31 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,693,566 times
Quote:
I watched Gone Girl last night. No gay people. I watched John Wick a couple days ago. No gay people. Your world seems very insular.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:34 AM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,893,856 times
Quote:
No I don't, more people are turned on by viewing two women making out then two men.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:35 AM

4,510 posts, read 4,042,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unsettomati View Post
The fact that you hold to the inane idea that people become as opposed to are homosexual speaks volumes.

We get it. You want to the world to go back to pretending that homosexuality does not exist. But that's not going to happen.

I wonder, do you similarly whine about the fact that men comprise the vast majority of characters in virtually all films despite being only 49% of the population? Of course you don't. So it seems obvious that you really don't have a problem with the ratio screen time for homosexuals compared to their actual frequency in the population (a claim you haven't backed up with a shred of evidence, by the way) but that they are represented at all. And let me guess - years ago, when gays were depicted with far less frequency compared to their actual existence, you had no problem with that, either... right?

You don't like gays, we get it. Too bad. Deal with it.
Honestly I see it as unnecessary and annoying when it's at a level far beyond representing the current reality. I don't really think anything of homosexuality and my question doesn't imply anything, it just asks if you think there is more coverage / a push for gay women over gay men by the minority mainstream media.

Also - "UNDERCOVER VIDEO OF GAYS ADMITTING THEY ARE NOT "BORN THAT WAY""
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h5pI7KASjU

Old 07-18-2015, 09:37 AM

379 posts, read 359,305 times
I personally did turn gay recently in order to take advantage of the heightened positive media awareness of gays.

Within 5 months of living the gay lifestyle (salads, aerobics class, shopping) I got a sharp hair cut and my skin tightened up. I went from a size 38 waist to 30 waist, purchased some flattering denim jeans and currently enjoy plenty of newfound attention from the opposite sex.

Old 07-18-2015, 09:45 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Honestly I see it as unnecessary and annoying when it's at a level far beyond representing the current reality. I don't really think anything of homosexuality and my question doesn't imply anything, it just asks if you think there is more coverage / a push for gay women over gay men by the minority mainstream media.

Also - "UNDERCOVER VIDEO OF GAYS ADMITTING THEY ARE NOT "BORN THAT WAY""

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2h5pI7KASjU
Um, do you not realize that it's very easy for everyone to actually READ your question? We know what it said. It wasn't, "Do you think that gay people are overrepresented in TV shows and movies given their percentage of the population?"

That might have actually laid the groundwork for an intelligent conversation. But that is not your question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies