Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 05:06 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,223,143 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
I swear, several Congressional Republicans are gonna have strokes if Obama doesn't hurry up and leave office. He might need to do it now as a gesture of mercy before we'll need a couple of hundred special elections to replace all the infirmed or dead congressmen.

Boehner is definitely an apoplexy candidate as illustrated in this link.

John Boehner blames Obama for California's record drought | Sun Times National
While I can't believe that Boehner himself believes that Obama perpetuates the drought, it says something very damning about the mental capacity of his constituency. If they believe this drivel, they are as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2015, 05:26 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
While I can't believe that Boehner himself believes that Obama perpetuates the drought, it says something very damning about the mental capacity of his constituency. If they believe this drivel, they are as dumb as a bag of hammers.
Like I said earlier, he's under tremendous pressure because he's got nothing to show for the years of his Speakership. Not one damn thing. And it's making him crazy.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:28 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
I knew Boehner was powerful but to force the weather patterns to water Texas while drying up California is a bit beyond his or even President Obama's powers. The water problem is caused by:

1. Lack of water, mostly mountain snow pack, due to the weather patterns over the Pacific Ocean.

2. Excessive development of irrigation dependent agriculture in the Central Valley.

3. Archaic water laws controlling existing water distribution.

4. Dependence on irrigation to keep LA and other cities lawns green.

Reason #1 is the base cause and #2 the secondary cause. The cities of California use less than 5% of the water but do not have the right or power to curtail agricultural use. Do we really need to grow commercial turf instead of food? Do we need ever more vineyards instead of vegetable crops? Do we need to continue the Archaic Western Water Law instead of allowing the open market to determine who gets the water and how much?
Look man....don't be bringing up that science stuff. We've got Republicans on this board. It's impolite.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:31 AM

1,052 posts, read 1,304,383 times
Quote:
Look man....don't be bringing up that science stuff. We've got Republicans on this board. It's impolite.
Exactly... it's easier to just confirm their fears, that legalizing gay marriage created a rift in time and caused the drought.

Old 07-19-2015, 05:38 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,159,617 times
Boehner must've missed a tanning session and had a little fit, as Obama has nothing to do with the weather. I imagine with his alcoholism and tanning addiction he can go thru withdrawal where his thoughts go mental and imagine Obama magically controls American weather. It'd be nice to see a House speaker who isn't insane but the Teabaggers gerrymadered it for the next dacade unfortunately. Only chance us normal people have is Trump being the nominee and having his insanity handing both houses over to Hillary.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:35 AM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
I swear, several Congressional Republicans are gonna have strokes if Obama doesn't hurry up and leave office. He might need to do it now as a gesture of mercy before we'll need a couple of hundred special elections to replace all the infirmed or dead congressmen.

Boehner is definitely an apoplexy candidate as illustrated in this link.

John Boehner blames Obama for California's record drought | Sun Times National
You really should NOT insult others when YOU show so little intelligence yourself.

"House Majority Leader John Boehner, who is admittedly not a scientist and “not qualified to debate the science over climate change,” agrees that the water shortage out west is at least partially man-made, and by one man in particular: President Barack Obama."

Your very biased article uses the word "drought"

You go off half cocked and jump on the bandwagon.

All I see is a "quote" taken completely out of context and MISREPRESENTS what he said.

A "water shortage" is NOT "drought"

So NOW is the time to redeem YOURSELF AND TELL all OF US IF THE "WATER SHORTAGE" IS OR IS not PARTIALLY MAN MADE.

I MEAN IF THE ARTICLE YOU AGREE WITH STATES THAT BOEHNER IS not A SCIENTIST AND IS "not qualified to debate the science over climate change,”, What are YOUR QUALIFICATIONS?

Is the writer of the article, who clanged the words Boehner said, a QUALIFIED scientist?

Thread FAIL!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
I'm neither Dem or GOP but I have to say lately when Boehner says something I wonder if his ego has taken over. He blames the Dems for everything...maybe, just maybe we should stop the blame game and DO SOMETHING PRODUCTIVE FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE!!!!
" He blames the Dems for everything.."

PLEASE, give us break.

For 6 YEARS every time Omaha, reid or Pelosi opens their mouths they blame EVERY one but themselves.

If you can't take it, don't dish it out

Old 07-19-2015, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Boehner has to go , he's stupid .
I guess you prefer Pelosi! "We have to sign it to find out what is in it"

Isn't it hilarious how some on the left NOW think the Speaker of the House should be held to a high standard yet for all those yeas they supported her, time after time.

The hypocrisy is reeking!

Old 07-19-2015, 06:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Boehner: California drought is Obama's fault. SMH

Boner's an unhappy lil' fella.

He has to spew a certain amount of crazy talk to keep his job.

When all he really wants is to keep fighting for big tobacco.

Just like McConnell in the senate.

Yessir, the leaders of both houses of congress are tobacco boys.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
To H-E- double L hockey sticks with Libs & Environmentalists in Cali! Water is free! Just ask Republican Tom Selleck!

California Water District OKs Tom Selleck's Settlement Offer - ABC News
Leave it to the AP and ABC to be stuck in the 80's "A Southern California water district voted Wednesday night to accept Tom Selleck's offer of more than $21,000 to settle a lawsuit accusing the "Magnum, P.I. star"

I think he has done few things since then. I wonder why they didn't mention ANY of THEM?

And some wonder why we call them the Lame Stream Media!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies