Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 10:48 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
What? The fact is hard work never universally paid off. It was more likely to pay off in the 50's if you were a white male otherwise you are better off today.
My whole point was hard work doesn't get you anywhere today. And who is better off today?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,822,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
According to republicans Social Security is welfare.
Why Medicare And Social Security ARE Welfare Programs | The Original Republican

But republicans also consider corporations to be people, and political campaign donations to be free speech.
Corporations Are People, And They Have More Rights Than You*|*Adam Winkler
Sen. McConnell: Political Donations Are Free Speech : NPR

If ya actually read your first link it is titled the original republican, small r. He in no way represents any Republicans much less a standard bearer for the party.

The notion of corporate personhood has been evolving since at least 1819. Do you think it would be OK to discriminate against a wholly minority owned corporation?

Do you think if you were prohibited from making campaign donations it would be a good thing, much less constitutional?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
My whole point was hard work doesn't get you anywhere today. And who is better off today?
Hard work has helped me out. I mowed the yard yesterday and saved 25 bucks. What kind of idiot believes hard work does not help people out?

Old 07-18-2015, 10:57 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,871,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
No the left hasn't killed it - yet - but they have done a great job of convincing far to many people that it doesn't exist and that the only way they can succeed is with government help.

Case in point. There are millions of jobs other than Walmart if you put even a little bit of effort to find them AND be worth hiring.
And even if you do put a little bit of effort to find them AND be worth hiring, usually you have to know someone to even get hired.

Old 07-18-2015, 10:59 PM

5,886 posts, read 3,871,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by turkey-head View Post
President Obama is a great man.
He's killed a lot of innocent women and children overseas. What's so great about being a murderer?

Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 PM

31,909 posts, read 14,904,885 times
Quote:
Hard work has helped me out. I mowed the yard yesterday and saved 25 bucks. What kind of idiot believes hard work does not help people out?
You mowed the lawn? Do you live in your own apartment, buy your own food, pay for insurance, have a family to support? So this is your american dream? Ok your kidding right lol

Old 07-18-2015, 11:00 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDusty View Post
You know, I'd really like to believe that smart people are still in America, and indeed some are. But they're are vastly outnumbered by the completely incompetent idiots who think every thing wrong in the world is either the right's or the left's fault.
There's a huge difference between democrats and republicans. Lets look at their campaign money, their tax plans, and their deficits.

Democrats get $100's of millions of dollars from workers unions. That's why democrats support high min wages, middle class tax cuts, and healthcare for all. While republicans oppose high min wages, oppose middle class tax cuts, and oppose healthcare for all.
GOP Senators Reject Tax Cuts for Middle Class - CBS News

Republicans practice supply side/trickle down economics, by definition these are tax cuts for large corporations and the rich. That's why republicans desire corporate tax cuts and democrats oppose them.
Bush Tax Cuts After 2002: June 2002 CTJ Analysis
Romney's Economic Plan Includes $6.6 Trillion Tax Cut For The Rich And Corporations | ThinkProgress
How Presidential Candidate Ted Cruz Would Radically Increase Taxes on Everyone But the Rich | Tax Justice Blog

Carter- trivial deficits.
Reagan- created huge deficits and tripled the debt (with supply side tax cuts.)
Clinton- balanced the budget and had surpluses.
GW Bush- turned our balanced budget into huge deficits (with supply side tax cuts.)
Obama- cut GW Bush's deficits in 1/2.

And yes both of our parties are bought and paid for, but they are bought by 2 different kinds of people. Liberal billionaires like Bill Gates and Warren Buffet buy the democrats, and conservative billionaires like the Koch brothers buy the republicans.

Gates and Buffet want the rich to pay higher tax rates.
Billionaire Warren Buffett Tells Congress To Raise Taxes On Wealthy - ABC News
Billionaire Bill Gates Calls For Increasing Taxes On The Rich: 'That's Just Justice' | ThinkProgress

And Gates and Buffet do charity work to save millions of people from dying.
Bill Gates Has Given Away $28 Billion Since 2007, Saving 6 Million Lives - Business Insider
Can Warren Buffett and Bill Gates save the world? - CSMonitor.com

But the conservative billionaires like the Koch brothers desire low corporate tax rates, corporate deregulation, and abolishing the EPA so it can no longer regulate their corporations.
What Do the Koch Brothers Want? - Senator Bernie Sanders of Vermont

Last edited by chad3; 07-18-2015 at 11:26 PM..

Old 07-18-2015, 11:16 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,639,473 times
Quote:
If ya actually read your first link it is titled the original republican, small r. He in no way represents any Republicans much less a standard bearer for the party.

The notion of corporate personhood has been evolving since at least 1819. Do you think it would be OK to discriminate against a wholly minority owned corporation?

Do you think if you were prohibited from making campaign donations it would be a good thing, much less constitutional?
Republican Rush Limbaugh says "Social Security Has Become A Welfare Program For A Bunch Of Bottom Feeders"
Limbaugh: Social Security "Has Become A Welfare Program For A Bunch Of Bottom Feeders" | Video | Media Matters for America

And republican Mitt Romney says "“Corporations are people.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPQkd_AA6c

And you need $900 million dollars in campaign money to run for president. Could you raise $900 million dollars? Could anyone you know raise $900 million dollars?

We live in a country where only the ultra rich can become president, do you think that's constitutional?

And your damn right I want to prohibit campaign contributions, because I want someone like YOU to be able to run for president (because I doubt you can raise the $900 million dollars you need to do it.)

Last edited by chad3; 07-18-2015 at 11:28 PM..

Old 07-18-2015, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
You mowed the lawn? Do you live in your own apartment, buy your own food, pay for insurance, have a family to support? So this is your american dream? Ok your kidding right lol
You think simply mowing the yard should have rewarded me more than $25? Let me tell ya, girlie, it takes a lot of hard work to be reasonably successful. Try working hard sometime ya might see a reward.

Old 07-18-2015, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Republican Rush Limbaugh says "Social Security Has Become A Welfare Program For A Bunch Of Bottom Feeders"
Limbaugh: Social Security "Has Become A Welfare Program For A Bunch Of Bottom Feeders" | Video | Media Matters for America

And republican Mitt Romney says "“Corporations are people.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlPQkd_AA6c

And you need $900 million dollars in campaign money to run for president. Could you raise $900 million dollars? Could anyone you know raise $900 million dollars?

We live in a country where only the ultra rich can become president, do you think that's constitutional?

And your damn right I want to prohibit campaign contributions, because I want someone like YOU to be able to run for president (because I doubt you can raise the $900 million dollars you need to do it today.)

Do you believe government should be able to discriminate against a wholly minority owned corporation?

I see no requirement that you have to have 900 million dollars to run for President. Of the 20 people currently running for President how many have 900 million dollars?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies