Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 11:55 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Our politicians like G(H)W Bush and John Kerry are real life war hero's, but today's republicans actually respect draft dodgers more than people with military experience.

When G(H)W Bush did not remove Saddam Hussein from power because he knew how many US soldiers would be killed there was no respect or conversation from republicans. But when draft dodgers like Dick Cheney and GW Bush quickly stand to send our young soldiers to war the republicans stand and cheer.

When your an intelligent person who's been shot multiple times and seen your friends die like G(H)W Bush and John Kerry, you have a wisdom that makes you think before going to war. But republicans have -0- respect for people like John Kerry's military wisdom, instead they respect a draft dodger like Rush Limbaugh's opinions over Kerry's in matters of war

Whats a bigger piece of slime than a man who purposely avoids military combat when he was young, who then grows up and desires to stand up as a wartime leader to send young soldiers to die in combat?

But unfortunately today's republicans respect draft dodgers like the above more than real life war hero's in military matters.
you and your like keep attacking republicans for using the law to avoid military service, and yet you refuse to attack ANY democrats that avoided military service illegally. do you not see the hypocrisy in this action?

and bush41 did not send the troops after saddam not because of the possible military deaths that would result, but rather to maintain the alliance that he had built against saddam. he was told as much by the saudis that if the US went after saddam, they would pull their support for desert storm, and anything afterwards, and force the US to leave saudi soil. and the other countries in the area would do the same thing, forcing us to leave the gulf states, essentially forever.

as for democrats, while gore and kerry did serve, gore served in the rear areas, and kerry did everything he could to get out as soon as possible. clinton did nto serve, in fact he ignored his draft notice by leaving the country. obama could have joined the military, but choose not to.

so if you are going to go after a politician for a lack of military service, go after ALL of them, or only those that did so ILLEGALLY.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2015, 12:34 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,471,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I had always thought that Republicans were big time soldier worshippers but it seems like lately they are worshipping the draft dodging crowd. Just look at who they support.

Ted Nugent - self proclaim draft dodger by not bathing and peeing in his pants
Darth Cheney - numerous deferments to escape serving
George Bush Jr - served in the national guard but when his until was to be deployed, daddy got him out

And the newest Republican savior - Trump - numerous deferments to get out of serving

And when he slams POW's, his supports (IE Republicans) make excuses and support him even more.

I just don't get the hypocrisy.
1. deferments are not a dodging of the draft...they are a LEGAL deferment of service for school, family, or medical reasons

2. GWB did serve....just because his unit didnt deploy doesnt mean he didnt serve

3. since you want to look at only repubs...let's look at the freaking fascist liberals:
john kerry...deferments till he graduated college , then only aserved less than 110 days and ''somehow'' got 3 puplehearts, and the deferment that goes with it
Joe Biden...deferments (asthma), never served
Bill Clonton...deferments...dodged the draft by becoming a Rhodes Scholar
Sanders...... deferments for vietnam, never served
Obama.... too young for vietnam..but NEVER even thought about serving HIS country
Kucinich....deferment for medical

Old 07-29-2015, 12:34 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,652,271 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
you and your like keep attacking republicans for using the law to avoid military service, and yet you refuse to attack ANY democrats that avoided military service illegally. do you not see the hypocrisy in this action?
My post clearly respected both republican G(H)W Bush and democrat John Kerry for their hero like military service. Why are you spinning the subject to say I'm republican vs. democrat?

Quote:
and bush41 did not send the troops after saddam not because of the possible military deaths that would result, but rather to maintain the alliance that he had built against saddam. he was told as much by the saudis that if the US went after saddam, they would pull their support for desert storm, and anything afterwards, and force the US to leave saudi soil. and the other countries in the area would do the same thing, forcing us to leave the gulf states, essentially forever.
"GHW Bush seemed to take extremely seriously the responsibility of sending American soldiers and sailors into a war. He agonized over sending troops into Panama, and then even more so in the days leading up to the start of the Gulf War. No doubt it was the result of his own experience as a young man. Bush wrote "I hope John and Buck and my own children never have to fight a war. Friends disappearing, lives being extinguished. It's just not right. The glory of being a career pilot has certainly worn off."

George Bush Sr. on War & Peace

"Why We Didn't Remove Saddam" by George Bush ..... would have incurred incalculable human and political costs."

https://www.globalpolicy.org/compone...ory/36409.html

Quote:
Kerry did everything he could to get out as soon as possible.
John Kerry received the Silver Star, Bronze Star, and three Purple Hearts. Rocket-propelled grenades have put shrapnel in Kerry's body on several occasions, and he did not take any time off from duty after the incidents. When people shot rockets at John Kerry's boat he would run his boat to shore, then his fellow soldiers would shoot machine guns from the front of the boat, Kerry would then jump off the boat and chase down and kill the men who shot the rocket. And after all these incidents Kerry never took time off from duty and kept serving.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milita..._of_John_Kerry

John Kerry (like GHW Bush.) is a f.ing military animal.

Last edited by chad3; 07-29-2015 at 01:52 PM..

Old 07-29-2015, 12:38 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,386,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
I had always thought that Republicans were big time soldier worshippers but it seems like lately they are worshipping the draft dodging crowd. Just look at who they support.

Ted Nugent - self proclaim draft dodger by not bathing and peeing in his pants
Darth Cheney - numerous deferments to escape serving
George Bush Jr - served in the national guard but when his until was to be deployed, daddy got him out

And the newest Republican savior - Trump - numerous deferments to get out of serving

And when he slams POW's, his supports (IE Republicans) make excuses and support him even more.

I just don't get the hypocrisy.
That was; what close to 45 years ago, its time to get over it and let go of the hate

Old 07-29-2015, 12:44 PM

58,972 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

as for democrats, while gore and kerry did serve, gore served in the rear areas, and kerry did everything he could to get out as soon as possible. clinton did nto serve, in fact he ignored his draft notice by leaving the country. obama could have joined the military, but choose not to.

so if you are going to go after a politician for a lack of military service, go after ALL of them, or only those that did so ILLEGALLY.
As liberal as chad is, I would bet that he voted FOR Obama AND BIDEN, TWICE yet, not a WORD about Biden's deferments,
Biden got 5 draft deferments during Nam, as did Cheney

Whoda' thunk?

Old 07-29-2015, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
As liberal as chad is, I would bet that he voted FOR Obama AND BIDEN, TWICE yet, not a WORD about Biden's deferments,

Whoda' thunk?
exactly.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:36 PM

Quote:

Whoda' thunk?
I remember watching the movie "Dances with Wolves", in the movie the Native Americans had a wartime chief and a peacetime chief.

I don't think any president democrat or republican should order our soldiers to war without having military experience. How can a president know about war if they have never been in a war? How can a president give orders in war if they have no experience in war?

Personally I would prefer having a president (peacetime chief) and a separate office of commander-in-chief (wartime chief.) The commander-in-chief being a soldier of high moral and ethical standards to give orders to our soldiers.

And personally I do not approve of B. Clinton or B. Obama being in charge of our military being they have -0- experience in war.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:45 PM

Quote:

Whoda' thunk?
And with republicans its totally different. Republican draft dodger politicians regularly stand up and say "we need to get tough with Russia", "we need to bomb the Muslims for the Tennessee attack", "we need to get tough with Iran", ex.ex.

But do democrat draft dodgers stand up and say "we need to get tough with Russia", "we need to bomb Muslims for the Tennessee attack", or "we need to get tough with Iran"??? No.

And draft dodger Cheney was all over TV talking about needing to get tough with Saddam, and draft dodger Cheney still sticks his nose in today's military matters. But does draft dodger Biden ever speak of invading countries or getting tough with multiple countries? (I've never heard him do it.)

The democrat draft dodgers don't talk tough about war, but the republican draft dodgers talk tough about war with Iraq, Russia, Iran, ex.ex.

Old 07-29-2015, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
I remember watching the movie "Dances with Wolves", in the movie the Native Americans had a wartime chief and a peacetime chief.

I don't think any president democrat or republican should order our soldiers to war without having military experience. How can a president know about war if they have never been in a war? How can a president give orders in war if they have no experience in war?

Personally I would prefer having a president (peacetime chief) and a separate office of commander-in-chief (wartime chief.) The commander-in-chief being a soldier of high moral and ethical standards to give orders to our soldiers.

And personally I do not approve of B. Clinton or B. Obama being in charge of our military being they have -0- experience in war.
fortunately that is one of the jobs of the president, commander in chief of the armed forces, since he is the one that has to send people into battle. however he does have plenty of good advisers around him, specifically the secnav, secdef, and others.

Old 07-29-2015, 05:10 PM

Quote:
fortunately that is one of the jobs of the president, commander in chief of the armed forces, since he is the one that has to send people into battle. however he does have plenty of good advisers around him, specifically the secnav, secdef, and others.
I thought twice/three times about posting that Dances With Wolves stuff, but I ended up doing it to be honest to Quick Enough.

And I guess the president having all the advisers around them you spoke about makes our non-military serving presidents being Commander-in-chief at least a bit rational.

Chad.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies