Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2015, 01:30 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,424,958 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Yawn. except for the part where he did in fact order flags at half staff this 9 pages of nonsense might have a point.

Obama Honors Vets in Speech, Order Flags to Half-Staff - NBC News
The point of this thread is for conservatives to get together and bleat out the same bull**** they've been sickening their brains with for most of the decade now ("Obama HATES America! Obama is a Muslim! Obama is going to transform America and declare martial law any day now!"), and for the rest of us to get together and laugh at them. I find it really funny when they get angry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2015, 01:39 PM

4,095 posts, read 2,559,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I myself have read on some respectable right wing lunatic blogs that he is going to declare martial law, force you to pray five times a day to Mecca, and turn your kids gay. You should definitely be worried.
You must be confusing it with a crass Left wing satire blog.

Old 07-21-2015, 01:56 PM

77,772 posts, read 104,447,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
Wrong. President Obama did not order flags at half-staff for the late Ms. Houston. That was Governor Christie for flags in New Jersey.

snopes.com: FALSE: Flags Lowered for Whitney Houston

I also read that the US flag is not lowered to half-mast for those in the military killed 'in the line of duty'. Otherwise, that flag would be popping up and down like a jack-in-the-box.
Killed in the line of duty or in action while fighting a war is very different from what happened last Thursday. Even if your assuption is correct did our President bother to explain this to the people? If he did, I missed it. What Trump did on Saturday was tacky and insulting to our vets but at least he explained his reasoning. What President Obama didn't do is more than tacky. It is wrong and an insult to many Americans in my opinion. BTW, I am not going to comment on what you read on snopes, but do remember, they are very one sided and have been found to be wrong more times than you might think.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,682,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by golimar View Post
I am an immigrant myself, having lived more years outside US than within.

I just don't see the passion and love in Obama for his country. If he holds such contempt for US, he should never have run for office.
As a born and bred real American, I think your interpretation of "passion and love" is superficial in the sense of thinking one's country is the greatest or thinking it can do no wrong. That was the mindset of the last administration and it caused problems.

There is a deeper love of country one can enact to help it reach its ideal goals. To point out its shortcomings and work to fix them. Both are valid and important, but that is where Obama falls. I think Obama loves this country quite a bit, perhaps more now even than when he began as president. We've made some extraordinary progress these past 6 years.

Old 07-21-2015, 02:05 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,598,675 times
at least Trump explained his reasoning? oh my... well, just move him into the WH tomorrow.

Obama doesn't need to explain his reasoning.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:04 PM

998 posts, read 663,785 times
I don't think I've ever been so sickened in my life by a politician. After 7 years of this, it actually makes me physically ill to listen to him speak.

If he hasn't made it abundantly clear, Mr. Obama hates white people, he hates the military and most of all, he hates American values. I'm sure he's seething with rage right now after the public finally forced his hand to do the right thing and lower the damn flag to honor our fallen military.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:09 PM

34,274 posts, read 19,316,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post
I don't think I've ever been so sickened in my life by a politician. After 7 years of this, it actually makes me physically ill to listen to him speak.

If he hasn't made it abundantly clear, Mr. Obama hates white people, he hates the military and most of all, he hates American values. I'm sure he's seething with rage right now after the public finally forced his hand to do the right thing and lower the damn flag to honor our fallen military.
Which is again...why he put the flags at half mast? His hatred of the military, and american values?

Seriously?

Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,682,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuddingPops View Post

If the worst thing a president can do for a country is get the private sector adding millions of jobs, the public sector losing hundreds of thousands of jobs, the biggest terrorist leaders wiped out with precision and consistency, freedoms extended to more citizens, the most illegals deported by any president, and people finally having to pay for the healthcare they used to freeload off of us with insurance, then I'll take it.

Hyperbolic rhetoric aside, Obama's policies are all very moderately left-of-center, just as Reagan's were moderately right-of-center.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:17 PM

40,937 posts, read 49,032,812 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
Which is again...why he put the flags at half mast? His hatred of the military, and american values?

Seriously?
It only took him 5 days and intense pressure from US Citizens.

Old 07-21-2015, 03:34 PM

17,387 posts, read 9,211,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I see where President Obama just ordered the flags at half-mast. He has heard the voices crying out!
John Boehner ordered the flags at the US Capitol lowered this morning at daybreak - Governors in many States had already ordered flags at half-staff. President Stompy-Foot had no choice. He looked like a petulant idiot, once again.

I have no clue why Obama throws these childish tantrums and turns the easy stuff into controversy. He has done this for years and looks like a total fool when public opinion and basic decency forces him to "back down" . It absolutely should never get to the point (as it did yesterday) that the White House Press Secretary has to fumble around for answers on Flags at half staff after the Murder of Military Personnel by a radical Terrorist in the USA at several Military Facilities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies