Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-22-2015, 07:20 AM

2,936 posts, read 2,333,000 times

Advertisements

Is less people on the planet really a bad thing?

For most of time evolution has culled the population in regards to resources. Today we have the science to keep people healthy and alive for a lot longer. Which is overall a good thing.

But one can't deny the problems of over population, there is a reason China has a limit of kids you can have.

I see it as a good thing that the rate of replacement is dropping. I'd also suggest the dropping of that rate has more to do with birth control, family planning and the fact that most people don't have 4+ kids than abortion being the driving factor behind it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 07:21 AM

3,404 posts, read 3,448,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moionfire View Post
He/she only wants to punish WOMEN for having sex. These people have no desire in controlling men.
The men are dogs and are as much at fault. It takes 2 to make a baby. Both are at fault

Old 07-22-2015, 07:26 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,814,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
OH please. You cherry pick results from one city. Heres a clue-poor people will abort more often if theres no support for them to be able to afford a child, and NY is one of the most expensive places in the country.

You want to make a REAL difference? Help pull people out of poverty. Despite the rhetoric, having a child is not the route to welfare easy street and happiness.

Really? It's called pulling a check for a reason.

BTW, thanks to the largesse of taxpayers , the country's been helping to "pull people out of poverty " for 50 years--and failing, because throwing money at people never works.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:01 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Adoption is free.

Women don`t abort because they don`t want to raise a child.

Women don`t abort because they don't want to give birth.

Women abort because, after doing everything required to become pregnant, they decide they don`t want to be pregnant.
I love how anti abortionists always put out that gem "Adoption is free!" Failing to consider the fact that adoption is often more difficult emotionally for women or assuming that the woman wants to go through 9 months of Pregnancy just to give the child up to some yahoo.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:10 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
It always cracks me up that people want to cry about aborted black babies, yet when black children are killed by police or even just randomized violence and "black on black" crime, those same people will label these poor black children/babies as criminals who deserved to die for various odd reasons.

Quit trying to use black people as a reason to further your own personal aspirations of denying all women access to specific medical procedures.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:12 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,274,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Thats because the legal hoops to adoption of Americans is crazy vs a overseas baby. Who wants to get attached to a kid who's parent could decide years later they now want.

Free up adoption laws here and watch american babies get adopted more. Of all skin colors.

Also let same sex couples adopt babies.
I see and how many years have you been in practice studying adoption laws? I get the feeling you know absolutely nothing on the subject and are just rehashing some B.S. point off an anti abortion website. International adoptions are don't because they tend to want a child with a different ethnicity. This is why Asian is by far the highest percentage of adoptions outside of the U.S.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:15 AM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
I love how anti abortionists always put out that gem "Adoption is free!" Failing to consider the fact that adoption is often more difficult emotionally for women or assuming that the woman wants to go through 9 months of Pregnancy just to give the child up to some yahoo.

The best way to insure that a mother is doomed to poverty the rest of her life is to have a baby at a young age. Rather ironic that many of the same people that are critical of the black community want a 16-19 year old to have a child, how do you think that will end.

Assuming they halted abortions tomorrow what would be the plan for 29,000 unwanted black children in NYC alone, is social services going to place them or are they going to be adopted.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:16 AM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
I am all for poor people having abortions. Such a policy makes fewer federal dependents and fewer criminals.

Now if we could just get all the illegals Obama imported to embrace the same philosophy, things would be better.
I'm with you. Probably a very valid reason the crime rate has been dropping the last 20 years.

Not all Conservatives are anti-abortion either though I'd prefer it never happens. I recall when it was illegal and was done in the back alleys with coat hangers. Just like drugs they are going to happen, we might as well provide the facilities.

What I find semi-amusing is that Pro-abortion people are the first against the Death Penalty.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:35 AM

4,738 posts, read 4,432,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
This just horrible. But for pro-abortion organizations like Planned Parenthood, it is a measure of their success in their minds, and something to be pleased about.

Only a racist would defend policies that produce an outcome like this.
how is this horrible?

As long as it is a choice of the mothers. . .

I mean, there is significant evidence that links the decline in violence in NYC and other states is directly correlated with the ability for people to abort unwanted children.

The only thing worse than the abortion, is a kid to be raised by poor parents that don't want him/her.

Old 07-22-2015, 08:39 AM

7,214 posts, read 9,390,397 times
If you really want to reduce abortions, you should be in favor of free contraceptives, full funding of public education, and raising the minimum wage. Those things have all been proven to reduce pregnancies and consequently, abortions. Not in favor or those substantive measures? Then shut up and quit being a hypocrite.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies