Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 07:35 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,536 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Great post. I agree with all but number 8. For number 11, I say as long as the age for war is 18 then the age for everything else shoukd be no older than 18.
Abortion have upheld by the supreme court for over fifty years.Nothing really changes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2015, 09:08 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
I can go for most of what the OP says.
Agreed. Some tiny differences but, "close enough".

Old 07-23-2015, 04:37 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,220,557 times
1. Deport all illegal aliens.
2. Stop all immigration and revamp current system.
3. Kill all terrorists.
4. No more handouts. Get a job.
5. Gun control doesn't work.
6. Public schools just plain suck.
7. Agreed.
8. Abortion is murder.
9. Agreed.
10. Term limits.
11. No more legalized intoxicants.
12. No companies should pay for people's personal choices.
13. Agreed.
14. Agreed.
15. We will see.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
1. Deport all illegal aliens.
2. Stop all immigration and revamp current system.
3. Kill all terrorists.
4. No more handouts. Get a job.
5. Gun control doesn't work.
6. Public schools just plain suck.
7. Agreed.
8. Abortion is murder.
9. Agreed.
10. Term limits.
11. No more legalized intoxicants.
12. No companies should pay for people's personal choices.
13. Agreed.
14. Agreed.
15. We will see.
Term limits won't probably pass because it don't benefits politicians.Most people on welfare are employed .We tried banning pot but we created a black market.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:23 AM

15,896 posts, read 11,987,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sommie789 View Post
Term limits won't probably pass because it don't benefits politicians.Most people on welfare are employed .We tried banning pot but we created a black market.

Prohibition is a failure. It always has been. In fact because it creates a black market, prohibition is actually more harmful to people than the actual substance they're trying to prohibit. I get that it is one's personal choice to abstain from partaking in certain substances or activities that they don't find appealing, but that is what it should remain as.... a personal choice.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,225,728 times
Quote:
1.Illegal immigrants should be kick out no matter what.Anyone who hire or help them should be punished harshly. Anchor babies can stay but their parents cannot.
2.We need limit on legal immigrants especially on the middle east.
3.We need to stop operations in middle east. We are wasting money and people lives.
4.Welfare needs to reform.
5.Gun control does not work at all. But gun owners should respect business' rules about guns
6.The current education system is not working.Both public and private alike.
7.Being proud of who you are is fine as long you are not some neo nazi or blacks supremacist .
8.Banning Abortion is not going to happen.
9.Not all people that belong to certain groups are the same. Get know people first.
10. We need some new blood in political sphere because these guys are not getting anything done and do not have our interests.
11.Pot should be legalized everywhere and should be available to people who are over 21.
12. New parents should get at least three months paid maternity leave .
13.Looting and vandalism is not protesting .
14.Police officers should be respect by the citizens unless they did something wrong.
15. We need to define what is racist or sexist or homophobic. Some people definition are not correct.
This my takes on some of current issues.
I love to hear you guys takes.
All this coming from someone who doesn't know English as a first language is laughable.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
All this coming from someone who doesn't know English as a first language is laughable.
English is my first language buddy.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:46 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
1.Illegal immigrants should be kick out no matter what.Anyone who hire or help them should be punished harshly. Anchor babies can stay but their parents cannot.
2.We need limit on legal immigrants especially on the middle east.
3.We need to stop operations in middle east. We are wasting money and people lives.
4.Welfare needs to reform.
5.Gun control does not work at all. But gun owners should respect business' rules about guns
6.The current education system is not working.Both public and private alike.
7.Being proud of who you are is fine as long you are not some neo nazi or blacks supremacist .
8.Banning Abortion is not going to happen.
9.Not all people that belong to certain groups are the same. Get know people first.
10. We need some new blood in political sphere because these guys are not getting anything done and do not have our interests.
11.Pot should be legalized everywhere and should be available to people who are over 21.
12. New parents should get at least three months paid maternity leave .
13.Looting and vandalism is not protesting .
14.Police officers should be respect by the citizens unless they did something wrong.
15. We need to define what is racist or sexist or homophobic. Some people definition are not correct.
This my takes on some of current issues.
I love to hear you guys takes.
1. Who is supposed to take care of the anchor babies when their parents are deported??
2. There is not a huge amount of immigration from the Middle East
3. Agree, but who are you blaming?
4. It has, what issues do you still have with it?
5. Gun control could work, why do you think it can't? Gun owners won't respect any rules about guns.
6. Ok...
7. What about White Supremacists? Are they ok?
8. Of course not but... just saying, there are a LOT of cities where you don't want to try and get one
9. I'll give you that one.
10.Are you running for any office?
11.Weed OR Tobacco. Not both. Legal weed is being taxed at 23% in some sectors. Its more expensive than the black market stuff. That makes sense?
12. Each.
13. I haven't heard anyone say that it is...
14. That's just it, they have done wrong. Plenty of it. People are fed up.
15. Who decides whose definition is correct?

Old 07-23-2015, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
1. Who is supposed to take care of the anchor babies when their parents are deported??
2. There is not a huge amount of immigration from the Middle East
3. Agree, but who are you blaming?
4. It has, what issues do you still have with it?
5. Gun control could work, why do you think it can't? Gun owners won't respect any rules about guns.
6. Ok...
7. What about White Supremacists? Are they ok?
8. Of course not but... just saying, there are a LOT of cities where you don't want to try and get one
9. I'll give you that one.
10.Are you running for any office?
11.Weed OR Tobacco. Not both. Legal weed is being taxed at 23% in some sectors. Its more expensive than the black market stuff. That makes sense?
12. Each.
13. I haven't heard anyone say that it is...
14. That's just it, they have done wrong. Plenty of it. People are fed up.
15. Who decides whose definition is correct?
Illegal immigrants are probably take their kids with them.
I blame politician and war hawks for the middle east.
Any group that promote racism is bad.
I know people who have on welfare for years.
Most of us can agree that Ak47 should be banned.But banning hand guns like UK is too far.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:35 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,930,564 times
Quote:
Illegal immigrants are probably take their kids with them.
I blame politician and war hawks for the middle east.
Any group that promote racism is bad.
I know people who have on welfare for years.
Most of us can agree that Ak47 should be banned.But banning hand guns like UK is too far.
So why provide amnesty for anchor babies if it isn't real? No one can be on welfare for more than 5 years.

You are young. I hope you don't have to find out the hard way how valuable a "social safety net" can be. 70% of Millennials, that's you, are struggling financially. The 30% who are not have wealthy parents that are partially or completely supporting them.

The handgun murder rate per 100,000 people in the UK is less than 2. In the U.S. it is more than 12. That's just murder. In the US there are over 30,000 civilian deaths every year, by guns that are not classified as murder. There is no equivalent for that in the UK. Same people. Americans are UK people that took a long boat ride 300 years ago. Same DNA. Same proclivity for violence. No need to ban AK47's not many people want or need one. The guns that need banning are the ones a guy might want to use to kill the #$%# who is making time with their old lady. No gun, I guess he'll have to buy the @@#% a drink and ask him for some tips.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies