Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2016, 03:04 PM

130 posts, read 532,644 times

Advertisements

CK Louis with his sensible and somewhat more subdued take on it all:

Louis C.K.: 'Insane bigot' Donald Trump 'is Hitler' - CNNPolitics.com

In a postscript to a Saturday email about the latest episode of web series "Horace and Pete," the comedian asked fans and readers to "please stop it with voting for Trump."

"It was funny for a little while," he wrote. "But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s."
C.K. said he was "not advocating for Hillary (Clinton) or Bernie (Sanders)," and that he would indeed welcome a "good smart conservative" to take on the eventual Democratic nominee. But, he added, "Trump is not that. He's an insane bigot. He is dangerous."

A vote for Trump, C.K. argued, would be "a version of national suicide," fueling an empty high like taking "a big hit off of a crack pipe."

Old 03-05-2016, 03:55 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,596,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by campers View Post
CK Louis with his sensible and somewhat more subdued take on it all:

Louis C.K.: 'Insane bigot' Donald Trump 'is Hitler' - CNNPolitics.com

In a postscript to a Saturday email about the latest episode of web series "Horace and Pete," the comedian asked fans and readers to "please stop it with voting for Trump."

"It was funny for a little while," he wrote. "But the guy is Hitler. And by that I mean that we are being Germany in the 30s."
C.K. said he was "not advocating for Hillary (Clinton) or Bernie (Sanders)," and that he would indeed welcome a "good smart conservative" to take on the eventual Democratic nominee. But, he added, "Trump is not that. He's an insane bigot. He is dangerous."

A vote for Trump, C.K. argued, would be "a version of national suicide," fueling an empty high like taking "a big hit off of a crack pipe."
Trump or Cruz either is a choice that makes me wet my pants

Old 03-05-2016, 04:03 PM

115 posts, read 72,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bxlover View Post
Trump or Cruz either is a choice that makes me wet my pants
so you're just like the media......

Old 03-05-2016, 04:36 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,957,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikfleye3 View Post
You would have a hard time convincing me that even a reformed government would ever provide a service more efficiently and as high of quality as a private company competing for market share with an obligation to shareholders to show profit.
Of course private companies don't always do well, and in fact if they are run poorly they go out of business.

Certain services like the construction of essential infrastructure like highways, airports, etc will never have their construction privately funded. That has to be the role of the government because there is no real profit to be made.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:18 PM

5,113 posts, read 4,959,205 times
More bad news for anti-Trumpers...

Donald Trump picks up first congressional endorsement from Chris Collins

Donald Trump picks up first congressional endorsement - CNN Video

Old 03-05-2016, 09:29 PM

46 posts, read 36,065 times
Trump is probably the least racist candidate. Libs are being so unfair when they compare him to Hitler. He is the guy that built the first condos in New York, before that it was all about co-ops and most of the time boards didnt approve you because of your ethnicity or skin color. With condo, you could buy the property without pre approval, he abolished segregation in New York.

Anyway I forgot, libs will label you as a racist or bigot just because you dont agree with them.

Old 03-05-2016, 09:50 PM

19,031 posts, read 13,937,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimbomlu89 View Post
Anyway I forgot, libs will label you as a racist or bigot just because you dont agree with them.
Pretty much. Dude they literally now cry racism over food choices. FOOD for godsakes! This is "racism!" has become such a joke that you should only luahg, or maybe even feel a sense of pride, when a wacko calls you racist now.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 85dumbo View Post
Trump will win it all because he is the type of candidate no one will publicly admit to supporting, but in the privacy of the voting booth will get the vote. So I proudly announce in this anonymous forum that I will vote for that mofo. However, in real life, you cannot admit to being a conservative here in the NYC region without being mocked, and everyone thinks I'm a bleeding heart liberal.

There is a good amount of truth to this. I sense that there are many elder GOPers who may well like and identify with the brash Donald, but they are afraid to publicly pledge their support to Trump. It takes a few pioneers like Collins, Christie, Carson etc to break the ice and stand behind Trump first before many more will follow suit to join the Trump camp. I foresee that will happen pretty sooooooooooon...

Old 03-05-2016, 10:05 PM

A big reason that GOP should put up Trump instead of Cruz against Clinton in the general election is that Trump has a much larger base of support among AAs, hispanics and Asians than Cruz does when facing Clinton. Romney is letting his balls controlling his brain in boycotting Trump's nomination.

Old 03-05-2016, 10:49 PM

2,046 posts, read 4,950,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimbomlu89 View Post
Trump is probably the least racist candidate. Libs are being so unfair when they compare him to Hitler. He is the guy that built the first condos in New York, before that it was all about co-ops and most of the time boards didnt approve you because of your ethnicity or skin color. With condo, you could buy the property without pre approval, he abolished segregation in New York.

This I will give you yes he is indeed the least racist one especially compared to cruz ugh I just want to watch TRUMP bully them around I want the world to burn I want Trump to BURN THE ESTABLISHMENT BURN BABY BURN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies