Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2016, 09:50 AM

20,550 posts, read 17,705,684 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
You all do realize that on a national level Trump has virtually no shot.

States like Iowa (even though Trump didn't win), Nevada, and South Carolina represent a dying demographic segment of the US population. I'm saying this as a white man. lol

Democrats are in a better position because they are on the right side of the demographic trend.
If Trump gets the nomination, the Democrat candidate will win by default and that's scary. I think that Clinton's and Sanders best shot lies in Trump getting nominated.
Cruz has no shot nationally either in my opinion.

I think historians will point to Trump's nomination (if it comes about) as the last, dying convulsions of traditional white America. The internal demographics are changing my friends.
Last time they said Hillary will win by default, Obama came out of left field. There's enough people that don't trust her that haven't come out and vote. If you take the amount of people that don't trust her and add that to the GOP side, then Hillary might not win.

Assuming that all the Dem stronghold states vote for her and GOP states stay GOP. The swing states will be the ones that will matter. In states like New Hampshire where Sanders won. Clearly she has issues up in the northeast.

If this country is ready for an anti-establishment candidate, they would vote for anyone on the big stage against insiders.

Hillary is not a very strong political figure. She's learned how to prepare for these rallies but if you listen she does not have any new ideas on how to fix things. Sanders has better ideas but just way too many PC people and people playing race card issues taking Hillary's side.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:59 AM

1,039 posts, read 1,158,870 times
Until Bloomberg runs I am sticking with Trump

Old 02-23-2016, 07:46 AM

1,824 posts, read 1,668,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harlem resident View Post
No idea what you might mean by "like." Which one ?

Mexican-as-concept ... ? What on earth would that be.

We have three very close friends from Mexico City and I like them very much.
You didn't mention mexicans in that post of yours....

Old 02-23-2016, 09:53 PM

5,121 posts, read 4,971,177 times
Trump is going only stronger week after week...unstoppable...

Old 02-23-2016, 10:48 PM

1,356 posts, read 1,222,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leoliu View Post
Trump is going only stronger week after week...unstoppable...
Like a runaway freight train, gotta love it

Old 02-23-2016, 11:59 PM

25,556 posts, read 23,975,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSNY...DirtyStayOut View Post
Like a runaway freight train, gotta love it
I'm not a Republican. But I will give Trump the credit of being better than the other Republicans. He ended the Bush political dynasty, and if he does nothing else he deserves a lot of credit for that.

With that said it's going to be Trump versus Hillary. The deciding states will be the usual deciding states. Purple states like Virginia, Florida, and Ohio.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Last time they said Hillary will win by default, Obama came out of left field. There's enough people that don't trust her that haven't come out and vote. If you take the amount of people that don't trust her and add that to the GOP side, then Hillary might not win.

Assuming that all the Dem stronghold states vote for her and GOP states stay GOP. The swing states will be the ones that will matter. In states like New Hampshire where Sanders won. Clearly she has issues up in the northeast.

If this country is ready for an anti-establishment candidate, they would vote for anyone on the big stage against insiders.

Hillary is not a very strong political figure. She's learned how to prepare for these rallies but if you listen she does not have any new ideas on how to fix things. Sanders has better ideas but just way too many PC people and people playing race card issues taking Hillary's side.
Obama came out of left field. But a white guy would not have beaten Hillary in 2008. President Obama took away key constituents Hillary needed to win the primaries (African Americans and women).

She also didn't properly campaign in the caucus states, as she counted on a big win on super Tuesday. Obama did his homework and properly campaigned there and won. He outsmarted her.

You do realize she has his staffers working for her and she has her husband actively involved in her campaign. Both Bill and Obama are excellent campaigners.

And Hillary was always involved in her husband's career. For her own political career having never lived in NY she never should have gotten elected here, and yet she got elected here.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cimbomlu89 View Post
Unfortunately you are right, Rubio will have a better shot compared to Trump. But you never know what might happen this is Trump, if Hllary gets nominated, Bernie supporters might vote for Trump because their trade policy is very similar.
Leftist Democrats never vote for right wing candidates though.

Trump and Bernie have no common domestic policy issues. On things such as civil rights, labor relations, income inequality, Trump is absolutely NOTHING like Sanders.

Bernie's supporters would stay home before voting for Trump. The majority will vote for Hillary.

Old 02-24-2016, 12:16 AM

3,327 posts, read 4,357,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyWriterdude View Post
I'm not a Republican. But I will give Trump the credit of being better than the other Republicans. He ended the Bush political dynasty, and if he does nothing else he deserves a lot of credit for that.

With that said it's going to be Trump versus Hillary. The deciding states will be the usual deciding states. Purple states like Virginia, Florida, and Ohio.
If Trump wins the nomination, I think he'll lose in a landslide. Even to Hillary.

I rally believe that what we're seeing here is that the nomination system hasn't caught up to the changing demographics of the country. It makes sense why this would happen.

This election may be the breaking point where both parties finally realize (esp. the Republicans) that demographically, the country is fundamentally changing.

After Obama won the presidency in 2008, I said that the repubs wouldn't win another election for at least 20 years. I'm still sticking with that.

What the repubs do not understand or want to admit is that their entire base is dying. Literally. Their base is made up of an electorate which will not exist in any recognizable form in 20 years.

Old 02-24-2016, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wawaweewa View Post
If Trump wins the nomination, I think he'll lose in a landslide. Even to Hillary.

I rally believe that what we're seeing here is that the nomination system hasn't caught up to the changing demographics of the country. It makes sense why this would happen.

This election may be the breaking point where both parties finally realize (esp. the Republicans) that demographically, the country is fundamentally changing.

After Obama won the presidency in 2008, I said that the repubs wouldn't win another election for at least 20 years. I'm still sticking with that.

What the repubs do not understand or want to admit is that their entire base is dying. Literally. Their base is made up of an electorate which will not exist in any recognizable form in 20 years.
I think the problem is if the Republicans tried to appeal to a more diverse electorate, for every new person they would get they'd lose ten angry old white men. The Republican base became a lot more narrow since the 80s.

In terms of denial the Republicans on this forum claimed Lhota would win by a landslide and we see how that worked out. The old school working class ethnic whites who loved Giuliani died or moved to Florida or were otherwise gentrified out (poor white neighborhoods gentrified before minority neighborhoods). The Giuliani/Bloomberg era is over.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies