Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2015, 06:46 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,065 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lionsgators View Post
depends on the issue. we can go immigration. illegally importing cheap labor for votes. that doesn't help the middle class does it?
It gives you a cheaper head of lettuce like the other poster said, but I would say in the long run it will hurt America just like our present low cost Chinese goods will.

And I concede that you could list several things democrats do that hurt the middle class, but I can list many more things republicans do that hurt the middle class (like I did in post #49.)

Chad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2015, 07:15 PM

6,073 posts, read 4,748,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
It gives you a cheaper head of lettuce like the other poster said, but I would say in the long run it will hurt America just like our present low cost Chinese goods will.

And I concede that you could list several things democrats do that hurt the middle class, but I can list many more things republicans do that hurt the middle class (like I did in post #49.)

Chad.
you're talking about farming. illegal immigration goes deeper. they go into union jobs. masons, bricklayers, etc. it destroys the middle class. absolutely destroys them.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:41 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,827,890 times
They passed the ACA and according to government the cost to insure those getting subsidized coverage 75% of coverage cost is paid for Government. Looking at the cost of a policy for those not getting anything I'd say that is a big raise to them. But of course it has consequences as always.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:59 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
the title says it all. someone tell me why anyone in the middle class should bother voting for a democrat.
No, they cannot. They love having people dependent on the government so they can be controlled. Dem regulations kill jobs and keep people in poverty.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:30 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,065 times
Quote:
you're talking about farming. illegal immigration goes deeper. they go into union jobs. masons, bricklayers, etc. it destroys the middle class. absolutely destroys them.
Workers unions give the democrats $100's of millions of dollars each campaign cycle, and the workers unions only give the republicans about 2% of their money.
https://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/list.php

These workers unions represent service workers, teachers, carpenters, food workers, ex.ex. and the workers represented by these unions are regular middle class Americans. That's why democrats support low interest rates on credit cards, unemployment benefits, and middle class tax cuts (those things benefit the union workers.)

But large corporations also give the democrats large sums of campaign money, that's why you see Clinton and Obama do things like those trade bills (and the republicans support those trade bills 101%.)

But the bottom line is unionized middle class workers give the democrats huge sums of campaign money, and they give the republicans nothing. And since you get what you pay for democrats do things for middle class workers. But since republicans only get money from large corporations (republicans only do things for large corporations.)

And if you disagree with the above you're saying campaign money does NOT control Washington.

And if campaign money does not control Washington then what does?

Last edited by chad3; 07-23-2015 at 10:49 PM..

Old 07-23-2015, 10:34 PM

4,002 posts, read 3,904,206 times
The Democrats? Middle Class friendly? ... Ha Ha Ha Ha ... Surely you jest

They're just as bad as the Republicans when it comes to the Middle Class.

Old 07-23-2015, 10:57 PM

103 posts, read 97,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Wait a minute, are you saying contractors that hire illegals are mostly Democrats. If so you know very little about the construction business.

When it comes to buying homes or hiring landscapers the cheapest guy gets the job because even illegal haters look the other way when it comes to price.

It really annoys the crap out of me when ignorant people post nonsense.

BTW most Democrats support unions which pay better wages and don't hire illegals.
I don't deny that foot soldier Dems have traditionally supported the unions, but it seems to me that the party bigwigs have thrown the unions under the bus at times. Many of the large home builders in Texas are hardcore Pepub. The largest one that I know of is: Perry Homes. Repubs support illegals as much as Dems do. Just look at the tepid Repub responses to Trump and illegal immigrants.

Old 07-23-2015, 11:01 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,818,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
I don't deny that foot soldier Dems have traditionally supported the unions, but it seems to me that the party bigwigs have thrown the unions under the bus at times. Many of the large home builders in Texas are hardcore Pepub. The largest one that I know of is: Perry Homes. Repubs support illegals as much as Dems do. Just look at the tepid Repub responses to Trump and illegal immigrants.
The vast majority of unions, and all public unions support democrats. You might find an outlier every now and then, but they funnel money to dem politicians like they are going out of style.

It is always interesting to see the competing interests in the dem party fight it out. Like the keystone pipeline and the enviro groups. The unions want the pipeline bad, lots of jobs for union members, but the enviros hate the pipeline even though it is a safer method of transportation.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:10 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,732,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
The vast majority of unions, and all public unions support democrats. You might find an outlier every now and then, but they funnel money to dem politicians like they are going out of style.
That's why Obama bailed out GM.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:03 AM

13,899 posts, read 6,441,673 times
They separate us into little definable groups then pit us against each other. Oh, that's not helping? You would think it was by the way they are determined to do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies