Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 02:28 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Obama's "immigration" policies are also hurting our country and its citizens.
Obama's immigration policies have deported more illegals than the last two combined. But, go ahead, persist in your delusions. Kind of beside the point now. Less than six months to go. What will you say then?

Old 07-25-2015, 02:31 PM

15,632 posts, read 10,390,278 times
Iamme,

I graduated from college during the worst recession in recent history, 10.2% unemployment, and earned way better, and got a job in my field of study, than college grads do now several years after graduation. College grads in the Obama economy work part-time at Starbucks if they are lucky.

Old 07-25-2015, 02:51 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
To be fair, a few liberals like Bill Gates, Mark Zuckerburg, Warren Buffet have not only created thousands of jobs but stepped up to charity so I admire those guys.
Same, but when they lecture everyone on the need to pay more taxes, while they do what they can to avoid them.. that credit kinda disappears..

Old 07-25-2015, 03:09 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
I thank the conservatives for making visible the ugly face of their dog whistle politics via the Tea Party. The Tea Party terrifies every one except Christian conservatives and as long as its visible in the media will ensure progressive turnout at president elections.
You're terrified of the Tea Party, huh? Hahaha......oooooookaaaaay.
But to answer the question: Republican House members put the brakes on Hussein's immigration amnesty bill. And then won re-election in a landslide. And that's good enough for me.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:21 PM

30,369 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
Obama's immigration policies have deported more illegals than the last two combined. But, go ahead, persist in your delusions. Kind of beside the point now. Less than six months to go. What will you say then?
That's what fascinates me so much about Obama:

He's for open borders then deports the most.

He's against drones and drones the hell out of everyone.

He's for black equality and then bankrupts most and keeps wages for blacks super low.

He's for lower income inequality but then has the highest income inequality in US history.

He's against Global warming and then he and Michelle take their own personal separate jets to the same city for parties.

He's for closing Gitmo and leaves it open.

He's for pulling out of Afghanistan and 6 + years later, still there.

He's against the rich fat cats on Wall Street and then borrows Trillions from the Chinese and gives it to his rich fat cat buddies that elected him.

I could go on and on...he's certifiably mental or he's actually for everything he says he's against and against everything he says he's for.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:23 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
It's a simple question. I can't name one thing. Rather than the usual negative narrative, how about describing anything Conservatives have done to help all, not just the rich and privileged.
You should watch Fox News. You would learn a lot.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:37 PM

Oh, and in Schuette v. Coalition to Defend Affirmative Action the conservative wing of the Supreme Court, with a little help from Kennedy and Breyer, upheld the right of the people to ban the use of racial discrimination policies in admission to state universities. That's a good deed done.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:39 PM

7,502 posts, read 5,752,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
Do you understand how the federal government works? Checks and balances, needing both chmabers of congress and the president to sign off on a bill before it comes law and all that?

Assuming you understand how the federal government works, you also know the republicans passed scores of various bills in the house that were never voted on in the senate?
Oh for Christ's sake. Obummer is the most partisan President in history and Reid stopped more votes than anyone in recent history. Come back when you have something meaningful to post.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post

What have YOU done, LN? I mean you personally to make this country better.
Well, I don't know if this has made the country any better, but here's what this person has done for the past six years:

January 21, 2009: went on the internet and accused people of being racists.
January 22, 2009: went on the internet and accused people of being racists.
January 23, 2009: went on the internet and accused people of being racists.
January 24, 2009: went on the internet and......well you get the point, it pretty much just goes on and on like this until the present day.

Old 07-25-2015, 03:52 PM

8,391 posts, read 6,296,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Iamme,

I graduated from college during the worst recession in recent history, 10.2% unemployment, and earned way better, and got a job in my field of study, than college grads do now several years after graduation. College grads in the Obama economy work part-time at Starbucks if they are lucky.
Oh so you got nothing.

Again this is not about President Obama.

conservatives have gotten nothing right in 15 years worth of world events. They haven't just been wrong. They have been spectacularly wrong. It is being wrong on an epic scale.

On issue after issue from the GWBush tax cuts, to the war on terror, the war in Iraq, the stimulus, the affordable care act, the auto bailout, gays in the military, the Ebola crisis, the Central American immigration crisis, etc, conservatives made predictions they said this, this, that, will occur about those situations and more, and not one thing they said was correct, not one thing.

Again, conservatives have been wrong about everything for the last 15 years.

Forget President Obama, his legacy/place in American history is undeniable, but think about conservatives and their predictions about where the economy was headed because of the stimulus, because of quantitative easing from the fed, conservatives across the board made these doomsday predictions and not one of those predictions has occurred. Not one.

conservatives made predictions about the Iraq war and the war on terror again, not one, not a singe prediction came to be. conservatives are batting zero for the last 15years.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies