Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 11:11 AM

30,355 posts, read 19,128,594 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
It's a simple question. I can't name one thing. Rather than the usual negative narrative, how about describing anything Conservatives have done to help all, not just the rich and privileged.
Elected the most Republicans since 1928 leading to complete Republican control of the nation in all areas resulting in lower deficits & reduced unemployment.

Personally I've paid about $80K/ year in taxes to pay for about 4 Dem freeloaders to live off my work efforts.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:23 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Are you denying Obama was going to "transform" the country?
Huh?

All i'm saying is that under the Obama Administration, for better or worse depending on what side of the aisle you're on, this country has undergone a serious operation...the results of which will be felt for a long ass time. He's been more transformational than every president between him and Reagan. That's a fact Jack. I don't even know why people argue about it.

I'm leaving it up to you and others to debate the good and bad of it. I have my own take on it, but to anyone that knows my posting history, there's no need for me to lay it out here, so i won't.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 AM

9,855 posts, read 11,924,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Elected the most Republicans since 1928 leading to complete Republican control of the nation in all areas resulting in lower deficits & reduced unemployment.

Personally I've paid about $80K/ year in taxes to pay for about 4 Dem freeloaders to live off my work efforts.
Unemployment is reduced because the labor participation rate is what is was in 1973! Do you think that is a good thing? I do not.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:25 AM

8,391 posts, read 6,294,075 times
Quote:
It's a simple question. I can't name one thing. Rather than the usual negative narrative, how about describing anything Conservatives have done to help all, not just the rich and privileged.
conservatives have spent the last 15years in national politics being disastrously wrong about everything and lying about this fact.

The GWBush tax cuts were supposed to super charge the economy. Wrong

The War on terror with the Patriot Act, homeland security, Gitmo, NSA spying was supposed to make us safer. Wrong

The war in Iraq was supposed to make us safer. wrong

The stimulus that President Obama passed was supposed to ruin everything, make us Greece, rampant inflation, devalue the dollar, destroy the economy. Wrong

The Affordable care act that President Obama passed was supposed to ruin everything, destroy the health care system, the uninsured rate was supposed to increase, no body wanted to sign up, it would be too expensive, it would destroy jobs, destroy the economy, was in a death spiral, etc. Wrong

Saving the auto industry was supposed to fail, it would never work, remember Government motors? Wrong

Ending don't ask don't tell was supposed to destroy the military. Wrong

I could go on, but conservatives have done nothing since before Clinton was President. And in the last 15years on every major event they have been miserably wrong.

Remember the Ebola crisis and calls from conservatives to ban Africans from traveling to the U.S. Lest we all get Ebola? Wrong and racist.

Remember the central American immigration crisis as conservatives described it? It was going to last for years, no one would be deported, they were going to bring diseases, blah, blah, blah. Wrong and racist.

I could go on and on. conservatives literally have gotten nothing right.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:37 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,550,789 times
Quote:
Question for you: what good have you ever done for anything?

Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Huh?

All i'm saying is that under the Obama Administration, for better or worse depending on what side of the aisle you're on, this country has undergone a serious operation...the results of which will be felt for a long ass time. He's been more transformational than every president between him and Reagan. That's a fact Jack. I don't even know why people argue about it.

I'm leaving it up to you and others to debate the good and bad of it. I have my own take on it, but to anyone that knows my posting history, there's no need for me to lay it out here, so i won't.
Of course hes been "transforming" the nation as you just admitted, the GOP stopped him from "progressing" further which was the other posters point...

Old 07-24-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrexDigit View Post
And then.......??????

OP's question involved "describing anything Conservatives have done to help all, not just the rich and privileged."

Dropping the mic after changing seats doesn't really address much.
Restraining Obama from total dictatorship should answer all of your objections.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
If I had the time, and I will later, I could tell you what the Left has done. But that wasn't the question! Turning the question around only makes the o.p. vindicated.
I guess it takes time to contact high command to find out what the left has done that is beneficial to the nation.

As for the OP being vindicated, only to those who refuse to see reality.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:47 AM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamme73 View Post
conservatives have spent the last 15years in national politics being disastrously wrong about everything and lying about this fact.

The GWBush tax cuts were supposed to super charge the economy. Wrong
Actually it did.. probably too much so..
Quote:
The War on terror with the Patriot Act, homeland security, Gitmo, NSA spying was supposed to make us safer. Wrong
Then why did Obama not only resign onto these policies, but expand many of them?
Quote:
The war in Iraq was supposed to make us safer. wrong
Actually it was to eliminate various terrorists camps which I believe are gone..
Quote:
The stimulus that President Obama passed was supposed to ruin everything, make us Greece, rampant inflation, devalue the dollar, destroy the economy. Wrong
Actually the stimulus bill was mostly increase in welfare, so its no wonder the cost of things like food has increased while the number of people living in poverty has increased as well. You think thats success then I really have to question what the hell your standards are..
Quote:
The Affordable care act that President Obama passed was supposed to ruin everything, destroy the health care system, the uninsured rate was supposed to increase, no body wanted to sign up, it would be too expensive, it would destroy jobs, destroy the economy, was in a death spiral, etc. Wrong
THIRTY FIVE MILLION AMERICANS DO NOT HAVE INSURANCE, DESPITE THE need to pass ACA in order to insure every american, cut premiums, and reduce the deficit. The debt is supposed to increase $1.5 trillion btw, because of it..

What happened to your left wing kook narrative that if you dont want everyone to have insurance, then you want people to DIE?

All of a sudden, the uninsured dont matter, does it? Left wing standards are a disgrace.

Yeah, I wont continue, you've been so wrong up to this point, I see no reason to embarrass the heck out of you because you wont care anyways how wrong you and your Democratic kooks have been.

Old 07-24-2015, 11:47 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post

Sure you have.

I mean, we really need to know the exact dollar figures of your taxes? Believe me, we already thought you were the big rich man on campus around here. You didn't need to prove it to us with actual figures. LMAO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Of course hes been "transforming" the nation as you just admitted, the GOP stopped him from "progressing" further which was the other posters point...
Progressing it further? That's b.s. Stop it.

If you're looking for Conservative accomplishments, at least be honest about it and chill with this bullhockey about how they stopped Obama. They've stopped practically nothing. You're gonna have to look elsewhere for conservative accomplishments because clearly that's not one of them. They've been getting steamrolled for two terms, and a case can be made that the larger the majorities they've had, the worse he's kicked them in the ass. Repubs have little more than bad battle scars in their wars with Obama.

That's the truth. Deal with it or not...no skin off my back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies