Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-24-2015, 07:22 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
England of course.

Home of the Free and the Brave.

I always have a side arm on me whenever I go to the movies. I also carry at church, supermarket and any other place that isn't Federally or State prohibited.

Just like my pocket knife that I have been carrying since I was a kid.
Exactly. That's me and many more than some would think. Likely the person next to you in the check-out line yesterday was carrying. The more the better.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 07:27 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,118,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I'm just wondering, have you ever been in a gun battle where many people a shooting?
Florida is one of the highest per-capita concealed-carry States.
You stood next to about ten people yesterday that were armed.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:38 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chadgates View Post
Irrelevant.

The point is that it is very clear that when there are restrictions placed on private citizens' rights to arm themselves they become targets of those who do not respect the law. Over and over again it plays itself out.

Now I also want to say that I am utterly disgusted with the fight against basic common sense gun laws.

IMO, EVERYONE should be forced to go through a gun training course before owning a firearm. Background checks should be much more thorough. Gun shows and the like where people may skirt around existing laws ought to be banned or at least forced to comply with existing gun laws where they are held.

All are no-brainers, and I can't understand how anyone would be against any of them.
There is no skirting around existing gun laws when purchasing at gun shows that's the liberal anti gunner myth you've been spoon fed. What you have a problem with is people being able to buy and sell gun legally and privately without having to go thru an FFL. FYI that has always been legal since the founding of this country unless some Hoplophobic State Government decides to take that legal liberty away as they did in California in 1991.

Old 07-24-2015, 07:38 AM

31,290 posts, read 20,737,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Lafayette, La.

Multiple injuries

Probable fatalities

Reportedly shooter was older white guy.
Maybe we should ban movie theaters.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:01 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,697,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Exactly. That's me and many more than some would think. Likely the person next to you in the check-out line yesterday was carrying. The more the better.
Not to mention open carry State.

Was in Nevada for the 4th of July weekend and came walking out of a gas station convenience store when I see some old dude trying to rent a movie from a RedBox machine. He was having a problem seems his reservation was not at that machine. I quickly looked it up his reservation for him on my smart phone as he didn't have one and it was actually for a machine at another gas station. Apparently his wife got it wrong.

However the crux of the story is that all the time we were standing there I didn't notice but he was open carrying a colt python 3in nickel. My wifein our SUV was looking at us standing there because she thought it an odd thing just having that gun on his waist while we were standing in front of the station carrying on for five minutes.

I eventually looked down and said nice colt. He said yeah it was my service revolver for years before I retired. He pulled it out popped out the rounds and let me have a look. It was a thing of beauty. So here we are with oodles of people going in and out of a convenience store all the while I'm handling and admiring this retired LEOs Colt revolver. A State trooper rolled by glanced at us but didn't even give a second look or stop.

I did glance at a few people getting gas who were staring at us two talking about his gun and the fact the getting a good gunsmith to deal with timing issues for these pythons was getting hard to come by. They seemed a little shocked and kept eyes on us until they drove away. Of course California Licence plates.

Turns out infact we knew a few of the same people in the LEO community that I used to work with in the early 90's that had moved to the Reno area to retire.

Imagine that and no one got killed.

Hell we might have even thwarted some potential thieves who could have been casing the place when we were fondling the Python in front of the store. HAH!

Old 07-24-2015, 08:07 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Not to mention open carry State.

Was in Nevada for the 4th of July weekend and came walking out of a gas station convenience store when I see some old dude trying to rent a movie from a RedBox machine. He was having a problem seems his reservation was not at that machine. I quickly looked it up his reservation for him on my smart phone as he didn't have one and it was actually for a machine at another gas station. Apparently his wife got it wrong.

However the crux of the story is that all the time we were standing there I didn't notice but he was open carrying a colt python 3in nickel. My wifein our SUV was looking at us standing there because she thought it an odd thing just having that gun on his waist while we were standing in front of the station carrying on for five minutes.

I eventually looked down and said nice colt. He said yeah it was my service revolver for years before I retired. He pulled it out popped out the rounds and let me have a look. It was a thing of beauty. So here we are with oodles of people going in and out of a convenience store all the while I'm handling and admiring this retired LEOs Colt revolver. A State trooper rolled by glanced at us but didn't even give a second look or stop.

I did glance at a few people getting gas who were staring at us two talking about his gun and the fact the getting a good gunsmith to deal with timing issues for these pythons was getting hard to come by. They seemed a little shocked and kept eyes on us until they drove away. Of course California Licence plates.

Turns out infact we knew a few of the same people in the LEO community that I used to work with in the early 90's that had moved to the Reno area to retire.

Imagine that and no one got killed.

Hell we might have even thwarted some potential thieves who could have been casing the place when we were fondling the Python in front of the store. HAH!
I like open carry states.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:21 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
The gun did it all by itself? oh my, that really is a problem.
Seriously. I'm putting a super duper triple lock on all my gun cabinets. Maybe cameras too.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:23 AM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Yeah let's forget about the victims and perpetrator and focus on an inanimate object that millions own without ever harming a flea.
Yes indeed, not the facts that he was a homeless drifter with some apparent serious problems.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:29 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
When you look at the actual numbers whites do mass killings in proportion to their actual percentage of the population, so do blacks. Asians do slightly more than their percentage of the population and Hispanics slightly less. The idea that it is only whites involved in this is just another myth.

Old 07-24-2015, 08:31 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaker15 View Post
Why is the racial identity so quickly released to the public in this case?
Because he wasn't Muslim or black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies