Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2015, 01:34 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Do you want only unarmed guards or police should there be a perimeter breach like Aurora, CO or a case like you suggested someone shoots up the security checkpoint or even parking lot
That doesn't answer my question.

Quote:
True but if one of your loved ones were killed you would want measures to make damn sure that don't happen again.
There is no such thing.

Quote:
The same as if you got killed, your family wouldn't want to put another family through that. As I said metal detection isn't the cure all but it highly mitigates the risk.
Excuse the wording but it's over kill.

Quote:
Another strawman with the police state. As I've said several times, sports arenas and sports stadiums have similar measures already. If you don't like security measures taken at theaters, arenas and stadiums, just don't go them. If you want to bring banned items such as guns and knives, leave them home, leave them in your car or you can't come in, even if you paid your money for the tickets already. I know better so I will enjoy it.
I think you need a mirror. I don't own a gun, I just have no interest in imposing unneeded expenses on businesses because of your irrational fears.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 01:35 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,571,753 times
Well lookie there gun control laws failed.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:35 PM

79,907 posts, read 43,979,049 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Someone has to look into it. Most states have slashed funds to do that. Where do you think state funds come from, thin air. That and most state legislatures think raising taxes are immoral whether out is for schools or improving jails.
I've stated many times where the funds will come from. The trillions we are wasting over seas.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:42 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,972,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
Lol. I thought that EVERYONE deserves the right to bear arms- 2nd Amendment and all.
Heck, you'd be CRAZY to think otherwise. We should have a new reality TV show called Great American Massacre! Who can be America's Next Famous Psycho Killer! Surely someone can do better than the Columbine Shooters, Newtown CT shooter, Mr Holmes at the Cineplex or Sung Hui Cho at Tech! 15 minutes of fame can be yours! It has everything this nation of voyeurs could possibly want. The NRA could make a fortune endorsing products to advertised on the program.

Old 07-26-2015, 01:45 PM

6,105 posts, read 5,972,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Well I guess thats the end of any chance he had at the GOP presidential nomination.

Lafayette Movie Theater Shooter John Houser Should have Been Denied Gun: Gov. Jindal - NBC News
Poor Bobby had a moment of sanity!

Old 07-26-2015, 01:46 PM

2,860 posts, read 3,375,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
How many more adjustments to your normal freedom of movement are you prepared to make so firearms can prevail? Weren't they supposed to protect you from giving up your right to liberty and pursuit of happiness? Liberty doesn't include your ability to go to a movie without passing through security checkpoints? Pursuit of happiness doesn't include your freedom to enjoy a movie or other activity without having to consider getting shot by some nut?

Will you be prepared to absorb the loss of jobs created when people stop going to their favourite venues because they have to empty their pockets, take off their shoes, and walk through a metal detector to get wanded by some 9th grade drop-out on a summer job, just to watch a movie, shop at the mall, bowl a few frames or attend an evening mass. How stupid is this all going to get before you wake up and smell the gunpowder?

Are you folks that seriously disconnected to the reality of freedoms you're losing with this chit while stridently maintaining ONE freedom that was supposed to guarantee all those you're giving up faster than a Porche on nitrous?

I don't get it and neither does anyone else with a grain of common sense.

Why doesn't your side figure it out? You're the ones that have gotten us into this mess.

You've been the champions of immoral filth that has made America (and the West) decay. Your multicultural, immoral cesspool is now seeing the chickens coming home to roost. Everything you're about has led to the present state this dying country is in.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:11 PM

18,138 posts, read 15,553,610 times
I'm really not grasping these comments, here. As if Jindal has somehow flipped, and is now anti gun, anti 2A, and at odds with the NRA and other pro 2A groups, with what he said. The system failed. Someone dropped the ball. This creeps record should have popped, on any states BC system. He should have been denied a firearm, via any FFL accredited dealer, anywhere. His record was red flagged, big time.

He could , and should, have been arrested, just for trying to buy a gun. No argument there. So how are Jindals comments at odds with pro firearms rights people? The vast majority of us, had no issue signing off on the current system for IBC, bug, in this instance, somebody dropped the ball. More restrictions on firearms rights aren't going to fix that, and k agree with Jindals comment. Totally. I am completely pro 2A, pro NRA, and can find no fault with his assessment. Can't see the NRA disagreeing, either. So what's with all the anti gun rights crowing?

The IBC system has been working well. In this case, it didn't. I would say, human error is involved, here. IG wouldn't be hard to find out who is responsible, either. The state agency, usually state police, are the ones who approve or deny firearms purchases, via the BC system. Whoever ran the check is the one responsible. Jindals comment is completely appropriate, and hardly a reversal of his past stance on firearms rights. So, I find all these comments here to be little more than barking at the Moon.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,521,853 times
I am a gun owner and strongly against more gun control laws but Jindal is right on this. He had a history of mental illness and a domestic violence issue, he should not have passed a background check.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:13 PM

12,997 posts, read 13,602,053 times
Not that he had much of a political future anyway, but he just signed his own death warrant by publicly proclaiming a crazy man shouldn't be armed. What a strange, sad loony party the GOP has become.

Old 07-26-2015, 02:17 PM

2,821 posts, read 3,521,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
Not that he had much of a political future anyway, but he just signed his own death warrant by publicly proclaiming a crazy man shouldn't be armed. What a strange, sad loony party the GOP has become.
Jindal is smart, well educated and believes in old school traditional family values that this country was built on. He would make a great President. The new America is like a crazy European country full of idiotic liberals. Uneducated voters would rather vote for Jeb! or Hillary because they are familiar names and white.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies