Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 10:02 AM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
There's a ton of daily outrage media for Liberals, just not on network/cable news, its online. Gawker, HuffPo, DailyKos, Slate, Reddit, Young Turks, Mother Jones, Alternet, RawStory, Salon, Vox, RightWingWatch, MoveOn, AddictingInfo, Wonkette and Media Matters are some of the big players. These sites are obsessed with perpetual outrage and offense from the Liberal side. Tumblr is dominated by SJW's that are constantly looking for things to be angered and offended by.
Thats's true, but they're like 22 year olds writing blogs that not many take seriously. A lot of really absurd social outrage in them, too.

That kinda proves my point. That's not anywhere near the scale of impact and reach of cable news or talk radio. You'd have to compare it to the reach of the Drudge Report, which flares up from time to time but isn't driving any national conversations like Fox with their extreme agenda or Stewart with his comedy based in a liberal perspective.

Last edited by Bluefly; 07-24-2015 at 10:19 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 03:32 PM

4,502 posts, read 4,607,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Guard View Post
A Republican is walking down the street and sees a homeless guy with a sign that says "Have 2 Kids, Lost Job, Please Help" and just walks on by.

A Democrat sees this and runs up to the homeless guy and says "Did you see that!? That rich guy saw your sign and walked by and didn't even help you!" Then the he just turns around and leaves.
A homeless person will tell a Republican he's homeless because of Obama and the Republican will agree with him and give him 5$ and walk away feeling good about himself, in a smug sort of way.

Last edited by Ivory Lee Spurlock; 08-14-2015 at 03:40 PM..

Old 08-14-2015, 03:37 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,321,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
A homeless guy will say he's homeless because of Obama and the Republican will agree with him and give him 1$ and walk away feeling good about himself.
Actually, if he were black, they would take him to Brooks Bros, buy him a suit and put him on a speaking tour at $20,000 a clip, as long as he repeated the first version of the joke.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:52 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,719,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
Nah, the Democrat then runs up to the Republican, picks his pocket, comes back the homeless guy and gives him the Republican's wallet.

A Republican is walking down the street and sees a homeless guy with a sign that says "Have 2 Kids, Lost Job, Please Help" and just walks on by.

A Democrat sees this and runs up to the homeless guy and says "Did you see that!? That rich guy saw your sign and walked by and didn't even help you!" Then the he just turns around and leaves.

The Democrat then runs up to the Republican, picks his pocket, comes back the homeless guy and gives him the Republican's wallet.

The Democrat, so proud of himself then brags to his liberal friends how he gave to the poor.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
All liberals are deeply racist.
I don't believe for one minute that ALL conservatives and/or Republicans are racists. And I don't believe MOST conservatives and/or Republicans are racists. But I do believe that the vast, vast majority of racists are deeply conservative and vote Republican. Absolutely I do believe that, from the bottom of my heart.

I say that as an independent thinker. Some things I agree with the liberals and some things I agree with the conervatives. I'm not straight up and down and in the bag with any political philosophy. I haven't met the person I agree with on absolutely everything.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:56 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
If Stewart was Sean Hannity or Comedian Greg Gutfeld would you be saying that?? Seriously?
If you would agree that Sean Hannity is more of a comedian than a pundit, I'd agree. Who is Greg Gutfeld?

Old 08-14-2015, 03:58 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivory Lee Spurlock View Post
I don't believe for one minute that ALL conservatives and/or Republicans are racists. And I don't believe MOST conservatives and/or Republicans are racists. But I do believe that the vast, vast majority of racists are conservatives and vote Republican.
All liberals are deeply structural institutional racists happily voting DemoKKKrat early and often.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
What Biden said was not dumb, it was horrendously racist. My 6 year-old would recognize that, but you don't?!?!?!
"Horrendously" racist? Isn't that a slight exaggeration? Maybe he didn't word it exactly the right way and spoke without thinking it thru, but you know that what he said was coming from a good place. It just come out the wrong way. Cut him some slack. Who hasn't said something at one time or another that wasn't worded exactly the way it was meant?

"Horrendously" racist? Please. I hope your 6 year-old learns to recognize true "horendous" racism when he sees it, and not confuse it with this nit-picking "gotcha" kind of stuff, simply because you don't agree with Obama and Biden happens to be his VP.

Old 08-14-2015, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
All liberals are deeply structural institutional racists happily voting DemoKKKrat early and often.
Yeah you're right about Democrats was the party of the KKK, but that was before integration. After President Johnson signed the Civil Rights act in 1965 all those KKK'ers that you refer to, and other racists have been voting Republican ever since. And that, kind sir, is just a fact.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:39 PM

18,782 posts, read 17,352,042 times
Quote:
Nah, the Democrat then runs up to the Republican, picks his pocket, comes back the homeless guy and gives him the Republican's wallet.
Correction: he gives a 5 dollar bill from the Republican's wallet to the homeless guy, and keeps the other $295 from the wallet for 'overhead,' 'studies,' and so forth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies