Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:14 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 21 days ago)

29,550 posts, read 16,536,658 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I defended Bernie here. I was just noting that politicians do exclude themselves from laws they create for others all the time.......sadly.
that does happen., my bad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2015, 02:16 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,819,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
False, each member is alloted 944,000 dollars, 18 full time employees, 4 part time and base pay is the same, its the raises that the congressmen has control over.
So they can pay whatever they want via the raises. Distinction without a difference.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:29 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The real question as others have pointed out is, if he thinks that's what it should be why isn't he doing it now? Why do Leftists who espouse these beliefs, like paying higher taxes and higher wages, have to be FORCED to do it by law only? Why? If they truly believed in these things they would just do it, but they don't.
Conservatives do the same thing. The conservative Fox news says every American should speak English not Spanish, but then Fox News created MundoFOX a free American TV station that broadcasts only in Spanish.

And conservatives say they are for prayer and God. But did conservatives ever once pray for the 100,000+ innocent Iraqis killed in Bush's Iraq war? (NO) Do conservatives try to save the 45,000 Americans who die each year from not having health insurance? (NO) Do conservatives help the poor with welfare like Jesus would? (NO)

Conservatives talk about an America that only speaks English while they create TV stations that broadcast in Spanish. And conservatives talk about prayer and Jesus while they don't pray for people their policies kill, and they don't feed the poor and heal the sick like Jesus did.

Last edited by chad3; 07-24-2015 at 03:53 PM..

Old 07-24-2015, 02:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,464,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post
Conservatives do the same thing. The conservative Fox news says every American should speak English not Spanish, but then Fox News created MundoFOX a free American TV station that broadcasts only in Spanish.

And conservative say they are for prayer and God. But did conservatives ever once pray for the 100,000+ innocent Iraqis killed in Bush's Iraq war? (NO) Do conservatives try to save the 45,000 Americans who die each year from not having health insurance? (NO) Do conservatives help the poor with welfare like Jesus would? (NO)

Conservatives talk about an America that only speaks English while they create TV stations that broadcast in Spanish. And conservatives talk about prayer and being followers of Jesus while they don't pray for people their policies kill and they don't try to feed the poor and heal the sick like Jesus did.

So because one side does it then it's ok for Bernie do to it.

LOL If you don't like that the other side does it you should not condone that your side does it too.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:55 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,735,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
What is good for thee is not good for me.

Progs gonna prog, what can you do?
There is a big difference. Bernie wants to spend OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:45 PM

6,354 posts, read 3,653,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
So because one side does it then it's ok for Bernie do to it.

LOL If you don't like that the other side does it you should not condone that your side does it too.
No its not OK for either side to do it. But liberals accept people as being human beings and not perfect, so liberals don't give this issue much attention. But conservatives attack the left for hypocrisy while they totally ignore the hypocrisy of the right.

Old 07-24-2015, 03:57 PM

5,064 posts, read 5,728,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2e1m5a View Post
LOL^ to people like this paying a College intern working in an area of their field of study $12 per Hour is exploitation but a HUGE Multi-National Corporation seeing record profits and being subsidized by our Government paying a working class family man $7.50 per Hour is not.

You people are crazy, and it's getting scary just how out of touch most are.

I graduated College in 2009-NOBODY I know had a paid internship-they were very, very rare. I personally could not "afford" an internship and worked through College. It was mostly the "privileged" that interned.
I graduated from college in 1998 and got paid $10 an hour for my internship.
My husband also did a paid internship.
And a guy we know that used to babysit for us had a paid internship with a large company a couple of years ago.
I don't think a paid internship is that rare.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:05 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chad3 View Post

And conservatives say they are for prayer and God. But did conservatives ever once pray for the 100,000+ innocent Iraqis killed in Bush's Iraq war? (NO) Do conservatives try to save the 45,000 Americans who die each year from not having health insurance? (NO) Do conservatives help the poor with welfare like Jesus would? (NO)

Conservatives talk about an America that only speaks English while they create TV stations that broadcast in Spanish. And conservatives talk about prayer and Jesus while they don't pray for people their policies kill, and they don't feed the poor and heal the sick like Jesus did.
How do you know who the conservatives pray for? You and god got a private line to talk?
Conservatives do tend to donate to charities. If for no other reason the tax right off.
Some can argue that forcing people off welfare and back to work is helping them. At least working you have the chance to improve your lot in life.
Fox is a business. They are in business and would be foolish not to reach out to the hispanic market. I suspect if they didn't do so, then the left would be angry about that as well.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,878,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
There is a big difference. Bernie wants to spend OTHER PEOPLE'S MONEY.
Exactly. Politicians are masters of spending other peoples money and passing laws that either don't apply to them or that will benefit them personally.

Old 07-24-2015, 04:09 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post
It is hypocritical when he is pushing a $15+ federal minimum wage.

Good for the goose and all.
Pretty much the gist of it.

I interned myself (got a job right out of it before I graduated) in college, but my bosses weren't demanding absurd minimum wages while having me intern.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies