Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 06:55 PM

1,984 posts, read 1,699,918 times

Advertisements

You can't say the White House wasn't warned - the Kenyan president announced weeks ago that if Obama came to Kenya and tried to tell them how to treat homosexuals, he would tell the Obama to go back home.

Somebody on this thread called it a 'basic human right' (to have same-sex sex). Really? Where the heck is THAT written?

Someone else thought the Africans were so backward that s/he wrote that their 'ignorance (regarding homosexuality) was a natural tendency of Africans.' (I'd give money to see you say that out loud at my old station on the corner of 81st and Stoney Island in south Chicago... We'll even provide the paramedics you're gonna need.)

For people espousing liberal ideals, I kinda suggest better verbiage if you want to try to advance your positions.

Meanwhile, if this issue is so important to the Obama administration and the Kenyan government is steadfast in its position, why then did he go to Kenya?

Oh yeah, "It was personal for me," he said to the media.

Don't suppose he'll be reimbursing the Air Force the $181,000 per flight hour for his 'personal' trip to his Dad's native country, will he?

Just sayin'...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2015, 07:10 PM

592 posts, read 502,257 times
The thread title is misleading. Both perspectives can be appreciated. Here is the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MsWlHVF8Q9Y

Old 07-25-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post
You can't say the White House wasn't warned - the Kenyan president announced weeks ago that if Obama came to Kenya and tried to tell them how to treat homosexuals, he would tell the Obama to go back home.

Somebody on this thread called it a 'basic human right' (to have same-sex sex). Really? Where the heck is THAT written?

Someone else thought the Africans were so backward that s/he wrote that their 'ignorance (regarding homosexuality) was a natural tendency of Africans.' (I'd give money to see you say that out loud at my old station on the corner of 81st and Stoney Island in south Chicago... We'll even provide the paramedics you're gonna need.)

For people espousing liberal ideals, I kinda suggest better verbiage if you want to try to advance your positions.

Meanwhile, if this issue is so important to the Obama administration and the Kenyan government is steadfast in its position, why then did he go to Kenya?

Don't suppose he'll be reimbursing the Air Force the $181,000 per flight hour for his 'personal' trip to his Dad's native country, will he?

Just sayin'...
Why did he go to Kenya? I think it has something to do with global initiative for enterprenearship. Ohh, and also a homecoming.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:16 PM

103 posts, read 97,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rescue3 View Post

Just sayin'...
Well, please feel free to twist my words around. when I say that the Africans are ignorant, I'm not talking solely about homosexuality. I mean "just about everything". What other race has sold their own people into slavery to the white man and then comes back for seconds to the white man to adopt his hateful religion? Haven't they learned not to trust whites? Fooled me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me for being so dumb. African countries won their independence back in the 1950-60s, but are still primitive despite rich natural resources. Rhodesia is now a hellhole and So Africa is teetering. Africans and African Americans are not really the same people, you know that? Right?

As far as not having a right to sex, why don't you think that people should not have the right to do something with their own body? It's THEIR BODY, isn't it? I sure don't like all these ugly misfits walking around with tattoos and ugly earrings all over themselves, but it's THEIR BODY- their decision to make. NOT MINE. I damm sure don't think that my tax money should be spent for the costs of imprisoning people for merely having sex with each other if I lived in that primitive black wasteland.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:16 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,256,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
So you agree with Kenya's law that sexual activity between same-sex partners is punishable by up to 14 years in jail? Opposing this is a silly "liberal" belief?
I don't agree or disagree. Not my country, not my problem. Its also not obumas problem. I believe they told him that.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I don't agree or disagree. Not my country, not my problem. Its also not obumas problem. I believe they told him that.
I think about a dozen states still have sodomy laws although the supreme court struct it down in 2003.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:27 PM

33,571 posts, read 18,152,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Willis View Post
Well, please feel free to twist my words around. when I say that the Africans are ignorant, I'm not talking solely about homosexuality. I mean "just about everything". What other race has sold their own people into slavery to the white man and then comes back for seconds to the white man to adopt his hateful religion? Haven't they learned not to trust whites? Fooled me once, shame on you. Fooled me twice, shame on me for being so dumb. African countries won their independence back in the 1950-60s, but are still primitive despite rich natural resources. Rhodesia is now a hellhole and So Africa is teetering. Africans and African Americans are not really the same people, you know that? Right?

As far as not having a right to sex, why don't you think that people should not have the right to do something with their own body? It's THEIR BODY, isn't it? I sure don't like all these ugly misfits walking around with tattoos and ugly earrings all over themselves, but it's THEIR BODY- their decision to make. NOT MINE. I damm sure don't think that my tax money should be spent for the costs of imprisoning people for merely having sex with each other if I lived in that primitive black wasteland.
You tax dollars pay for hiv meds.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:29 PM

7,646 posts, read 9,948,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Obama Tries to Push for Gay 'Rights' in Kenya, Backfires BIG TIME

Obama's remarks:

Kenya President Kenyatta’s response:

Another example of the liberals trying to shove their beliefs on everybody else.
Yeah, so bad for those liberals who don't accept the murder of gays by religious extremists, who don't accept the criminalization of gays by a criminal govt., who don't accept marginalization of a few by the majority. Yeah, shoving civilized behavior upon the ignorant. That is so wrong.

DO NOT SPEND MY TAX MONEY IN A COUNTRY THAT ABUSES HUMAN RIGHTS.

Hmmm, I think maybe that includes amerika?

Old 07-25-2015, 07:30 PM

33,531 posts, read 37,130,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
And I thought we were through hearing "if you disagree with Obama it's because you're a racist".

I guess not, it worked so well all these years.

Next we'll be sexist if we disagree with Hillary.
Well, then please tell me why else Obama gets less respect from republicans than any other president.

Old 07-25-2015, 07:30 PM

One of the reason he went to Kenya as I said is the Global Initiative for entrepreneurship. Youtube is great and a few clicks you can come up with some raw footage.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msryfuIWrmQ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies