Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 04:56 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,834,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Is it truthful as an exmple to children, present a man 200# over weight as normal, along with all the heatlth issues?
Is it truthful as an example to childen , to present a lion and a lamb as a mating pair ?
In truth homosexuality is a lie ,being force fed to children as normal .
Another person who doesn't understand that families come in all shapes and sizes, and the one and only important factor, the glue that holds them together, is their love for each other. If you teach your children that love is the most important factor they can strive to attain in their lives, they will do just fine. If, on the other hand, you teach them to hate people who are different than them...well, you will reap what you sow.

Me...I'll take love.

I believe there was some guy a few thousand years ago who said we should love one another as we love ourselves. That was pretty good advice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2015, 04:59 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,400,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Actually you missed the point. But I bet you "feel good" about Tylenol now and will buy it because they approve of alternate lifestyles.

The company doesn't give a crap about "who you love". They just want people to buy their product.

If peoples started marrying dogs Tylenol would have a commercial showing that.
Well heck why not? I bought a truck once because it would tow a tugboat and pull down an old water tower.

In spite of all the advertising budgets out there I have a hard time believing anyone really makes their purchase decisions based solely upon advertising.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:09 PM

900 posts, read 372,654 times
Conservatives always creating problems where there is no ...

Old 07-26-2015, 05:11 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,237,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Well heck why not? I bought a truck once because it would tow a tugboat and pull down an old water tower.

In spite of all the advertising budgets out there I have a hard time believing anyone really makes their purchase decisions based solely upon advertising.
Oh it works..social issues and ethnic targeted advertising do work on the younger crowds.
That's who they are going after.

One message, or many? | The Economist

Old 07-26-2015, 05:20 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,652,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
Is it truthful as an example to childen , to present a lion and a lamb as a mating pair ?
Lions and lambs are very different species. A fact of which both lions and lambs are well aware.

Apparently you aren't.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:31 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,957,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
So I guess seeing an interracial couple is just tearing the heart out of conservatives.

Dont worry tea partiers - the business world will force you into the 21st century. They will drag you into it, bible and all.
What's funny is that I once heard Chomsky say that change won't happen until business consents or concedes, and if they find a new market they'll push even harder than a million social justice activists. Saying business will drag you into the 21st century isn't a necessarily a good thing, it shows where the real power lies.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:34 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,608,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
Many of you don't understand the power of social engineering through media.
Wrong. Media is a reflection of what is going on FOR REAL.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:38 PM

10,097 posts, read 9,957,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Wrong. Media is a reflection of what is going on FOR REAL.
Not really. They're usually really late to the game.

Old 07-26-2015, 05:43 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,393,947 times
A differ of opinions is good and everyone entitled to their own. However Tylenol is a smart cookie, this is nothing more then a clever marketing ploy, that will work.

It is saying that they do approve of most lifestyles, and here in 2016 almost 16 people will appreciate that. Maybe not, this is how I see it. And this is a clever Marketing Strategy . All about a sweet message and of course money.

Could be wrong, but makes sense!

Old 07-26-2015, 05:51 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,608,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
A differ of opinions is good and everyone entitled to their own. However Tylenol is a smart cookie, this is nothing more then a clever marketing ploy, that will work.

It is saying that they do approve of most lifestyles, and here in 2016 almost 16 people will appreciate that. Maybe not, this is how I see it. And this is a clever Marketing Strategy . All about a sweet message and of course money.

Could be wrong, but makes sense!
Suddenly, conservatives are upset about corporations making money?

Whoodathunk??????????????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies