Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2015, 05:26 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
Simply put,..."Liberalism = Detroit"........nuf said...
Pittsburgh has been under the control of those nasty libs for decades and usually finishes in the top 3 of America`s most livable cities.

Is Pittsburgh America's Most Livable City? I The Hampton Institute

Forbes.com Rates Pittsburgh No. 1 Most Livable City

Old 07-29-2015, 05:35 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,730,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Pittsburgh has been under the control of those nasty libs for decades and usually finishes in the top 3 of America`s most livable cities.

Is Pittsburgh America's Most Livable City? I The Hampton Institute

Forbes.com Rates Pittsburgh No. 1 Most Livable City
problems are of course connected to Pittsburgh's extreme poverty problem. While The Economist and Forbes rolled out their most livable columns, the U.S. Census Bureau announced that Pittsburgh led the nation in poverty rates among African Americans ages 18-64, and also has the highest percentage of black children under the age of five living in poverty.

it took Pittsburgh decades to bring the city to the position it is today, and clearly it has a long way to go.

Pittsburgh... is the Pitts

Old 07-29-2015, 05:45 PM

12,265 posts, read 6,470,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
problems are of course connected to Pittsburgh's extreme poverty problem. While The Economist and Forbes rolled out their most livable columns, the U.S. Census Bureau announced that Pittsburgh led the nation in poverty rates among African Americans ages 18-64, and also has the highest percentage of black children under the age of five living in poverty.

it took Pittsburgh decades to bring the city to the position it is today, and clearly it has a long way to go.

Pittsburgh... is the Pitts
In that case the whole country is even worse but I`m happy that you`re so concerned about the African Americans.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
In that case the whole country is even worse but I`m happy that you`re so concerned about the African Americans.
Pittsburgh is pothole city. The roads s*ck, getting around is a maze complete with traffic jams. Buildings are ancient and run down, run down area's full of crack houses. The cost of living may be low but the people have a union mentality and a lot of people are dumb as rocks. Global warming doesn't know Pittsburgh exists... the winters are brutal. I'm not sure why anyone would say it's a good place to live.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:21 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,113,364 times
Quote:
Pittsburgh is pothole city. The roads s*ck, getting around is a maze. Buildings are ancient, there are really bad run down area's full of crack houses. The cost of living may be low but the people have a union mentality and a lot of people are dumb as rocks. Global warming doesn't know Pittsburgh exists... the winters are brutal. I'm not sure why anyone would say it's a good place to live.
Yinzers gonna yinz.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
Yinzers gonna yinz.
Yunz a democrat city full of steel workers waiting for the hay day to come back.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,552 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
No. that would be racist. Amerindians are like the sacred cow of white liberals.
This is not an actual response to the context of my post.

Quote:
Assumptions based on past encounters with libs is called, "experience" incidentally.

And yet neither you or the author of that article put forth a past encounter that actually proved that.

Quote:
Not following your logic or grammar here.
Your argument were anti big government while Republicans are in charge, but pro big government when not when dems are in charge. This is untrue seeing as Liberal groups have been leading the charge against the actual expansions of government in recent years. Jeff Merkely and Ron Wyden were on the case long before Rand Paul war even running for congress.

Quote:
Always demanding more taxes (on other people). more rules (for other people). more regulations (for other people).
Base this in reality by using an example.

Quote:
I have no personal beef (pork?) with Islam, just the liberal apologism for it. Dubya simply stated a fact, that we weren't at war with Islam. He did not glorify it at the expense of Christianity.
There is no liberal apologism for the failing of Islam, and yes, President Bush state a fact, but he also made a statement that the right wing has repeated on a loop and pretended that the quote is attributed to the Left.

The left also does not glorify Islam in any way.

Quote:
Utterly false. Demonstrably false. Obama attacks Christians when Muslims kill. Liberal academia is renowned for anti-Christian stances. Liberal Hollywood demeans Christians at every chance. So on and so forth.
Obama says to not judge an entire religion by the wing nuts. It is in no way anti christian to simply point out that Christians have had morons too, and that we dont judge that whole religion by their nuts.

Quote:
The liberal worships at the altar of statism, and it is a jealous god for it tolerates no other.
Again, this in no way addresses the content of what you quoted.

Quote:
Get in the time machine and grow up around libs, listen to what they say and see what they actually do then come back and third it.
I dont need to grow up around liberals to know that the article is a farce.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvmycountry View Post
I have heard many leaders state Islam is a religion of peace many many years before ole Geo was in office. Please tell me your not stating he is the first to say that are you? If not, what is your point?
I have no idea if he is the "first" to say it, but he is the most notable and the one to which the idiom originated.

That is the point.

Quote:
Why then do so many make fun of people when describing Christians? 99% of the time very anti-Christian and the whole belief system. Please all those lovely adverbs have nothing to do with religion and governing.
I dont know about making fun of people, but I have a problem with describing oneself as Christian, acting holier than thou, and then knowing full well that person is a hypocrite.

That's where my problem lies.

Old 07-29-2015, 07:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Oh, I'm sorry. I assumed that you knew how to read.
Your link says the U.S. supported a OIC resolution to prosecute hate speech. The article then argues that the resolution would allow nations to prosecute anti religious speech in the OIC member nation's countries.

America is neither an OIC member, or a Muslim country, so even if you did make the stretch of claiming this would be international law and the U.S. would have to follow it, your argument would still be flawed because it actually covers all religions, not just Islam.

in short, your post describes you a lot more than it does me.

Old 07-29-2015, 08:36 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,314,711 times
Quote:
Pittsburgh is pothole city. The roads s*ck, getting around is a maze complete with traffic jams. Buildings are ancient and run down, run down area's full of crack houses. The cost of living may be low but the people have a union mentality and a lot of people are dumb as rocks. Global warming doesn't know Pittsburgh exists... the winters are brutal. I'm not sure why anyone would say it's a good place to live.
Yeah, well what's a good place, then?
But anyway, I wouldn't call Pittsburgh "liberal." It's staunch Democrat, but old-school union Democrat, and a lot of these "Democrats" are to the right of Ann Coulter on a lot of issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies