Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 12:04 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,561,042 times

Advertisements

I try my best to be around liberals and religious people so that I can poke fun at their hypocrisy. It doesn't take long for them to run away from me.

Old 07-28-2015, 12:42 PM

35,066 posts, read 31,284,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
I try my best to be around liberals and religious people so that I can poke fun at their hypocrisy. It doesn't take long for them to run away from me.
That's an interesting combo!

Old 07-28-2015, 01:11 PM

6,993 posts, read 6,336,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

Do you find associating yourself with liberals upsetting?
In MY personal like, I also try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce American ideals. I don't like surrounding myself with arrogant, self-righteous, religious know-it-alls who think the poor are lazy, they need to "take back the country," etc. and I do, indeed, avoid associating with them. Consequently, I don't have too many conservative friends.

Old 07-28-2015, 01:38 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,884,808 times
The people I associate with seldom talk about politics.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:27 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,470,374 times
Quote:

To the point of crying like this >>> ?

[no]

Old 07-28-2015, 02:33 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,704,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I have several liberal friends and my family is overwhelmingly liberal. I find progs get very heated and emotional when discussing political issues, so political discussions are not discussed often. You can't easily discuss facts with someone who primarily bases their beliefs on emotions.
As a centrist I find both liberals and conservatives lacking in facts but conservatives moreso.

Many in my presonal life still deny climate science they don't undersrsnd, deny evolution, think the market or war can solve all the world's problems... Very naive.

Liberals tend to just exaggerate how bad things are or propose solutions that dont really work but they're generally in the right ballpark of acknowledging the reality of situations.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:36 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,629 times
I used to find liberals amusing but after observing how much damage they've done with absolutely no concern about the results of their ideologically driven actions I have grown less tolerant. I tend to avoid them unless it is absolutely necessary. I cannot have a serious discussion with someone that lives in an alternate universe.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:50 PM

698 posts, read 587,595 times
Quote:
In my personal life, I try to surround myself with positive people who believe that America is a good country and reinforce the American dream. I don't like surrounding myself with debbie downer liberals who think the rich are evil, the country needs to be transformed, etc.

How do you feel about spending time with the conservatives that rant about the country being in a steep decline, live in a constant state of fear, spout screeds about the changing culture and demographics and scream about taking their country back?

I find the idealogues on both sides to be tiresome and annoying. I avoid anybody that feels the need to discuss politics on a regular basis, especially the jerks that think loud, boisterous rants in public are appropriate at any time, like the dbag retired geezers that you can find at just about any donut shop or diner talking way too loud about how much better the good old days used to be.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,324,132 times
I think that all of your liberal friends/acquaintances are just as happy about the lack of contact.

Old 07-28-2015, 02:57 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,725,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
Associating with folks of any political persuasion who constantly complain is tiring. It's not only liberals, conservatives are just as capable of it. For every Al Sharpton there's a Rush Limbaugh to match.
Rarely does politics come up in polite conversations.

I prefer to avoid people who blame instead of taking responsibility for themselves, regardless of their politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies