Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2015, 04:53 PM

1,603 posts, read 1,112,769 times

Advertisements

Who wouldn't want to be around this?

Old 07-28-2015, 04:55 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,312,233 times
The hypocrisy amongst white liberals, especially on racial matters, annoys me. But I must say, if you're looking for a nice, stable place to live, free of social engineering boondoggles and forced diversity and the like, living amongst white liberals is the way to go. Because they'll always make sure that these things aren't put into their own neighborhoods.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:08 PM

11,155 posts, read 15,700,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaffeetrekker View Post
and furthermore...."Liberalism = Baltimore, Chicago, Camden,Newark, St Louis, LA, Cleveland, Ferguson, ....oh hell, I could go on and on and on and on........."
Ok, and Conservatism = West Texas, rural Arizona, the poor parts of upper Michigan and Minnesota, the poor parts of Colorado, Middle East theocracies...

Are we done yet? Rise above your tribalism. It blinds you to the truth.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vejadu View Post
Most of my friends are Conservative, but I have Liberal friends as well. Both can be just as touchy and obnoxiously opinionated as the other. Individually, I can have respectful discussions about politics and hot button issues without name-calling or accusations.

The biggest issue I have with Liberals as a group is they never seem to be satisfied. Conservatives are losing ground all the time and have legitimate reasons to be angry. Liberals are winning small battles frequently and its never enough -- they always find the next thing to be outraged about. Just in the past few months, gay marriage was legalized, the Confederate flag was taken down, Caitlyn Jenner received the ESPY courage award, and the Ten Commandments monument was removed. These victories are quickly forgotten because new offenses pop up CONSTANTLY to keep Liberals mad and motivated.

Polls show that Conservatives are, on average, happier than Liberals. As Liberals are fed a constant stream of injustices to be outraged about, this doesn't come as a surprise.
Hahaha....no doubt. I couldn't believe back in 2009 how angry so many left-wing commentators seemed to be. After eight years of Bush, a half-black liberal had been elected; you would think they would be on cloud nine. But instead they would rant and rave about how Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh or some dude at some rally had said something mean about Obama. Because there's the rub: though Obama may be the president, though gay marriage may be the law of the land, there are people out there who don't like those things. Someone out there has different opinions than they have....and that isn't acceptable.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Hahaha....no doubt. I couldn't believe back in 2009 how angry so many left-wing commentators seemed to be. After eight years of Bush, a half-black liberal had been elected; you would think they would be on cloud nine. But instead they would rant and rave about how Glen Beck or Rush Limbaugh or some dude at some rally had said something mean about Obama. Because there's the rub: though Obama may be the president, though gay marriage may be the law of the land, there are people out there who don't like those things. Someone out there has different opinions than they have....and that isn't acceptable.
I think it's more frustration with the misinformation that people like Beck, Limbaugh, and Fox News pump out. Trump is the Frankenstein monster result of that decades long campaign to favor ideology over truth.

Liberals do it too - remember McCain's "100 years of war" or Ferguson's "hands up, don't shoot" misinformation? But, it pales in comparison to the vast right wing media.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:38 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,320,493 times
As a mildly conservative person sentenced to a career in higher education, I had very few close friends among my faculty colleagues. Unable to criticize me intellectually ( to my face), they settled for poisoning their minds with personal loathing for me, demonstrating conclusively that those people who shout most loudly about the need for tolerance and open-mindedness are often the most hateful hypocrites. So yes, I am very happy not to be among liberals much any more. Life away from academia has freed me, in the words of Rupert Brooke,

To turn, as swimmers into cleanness leaping,
Glad from a world grown old and cold and weary,
Leave the sick hearts that honour could not move,
And half-men, and their dirty songs and dreary...

Old 07-28-2015, 05:46 PM

18,949 posts, read 43,571,506 times
I'm fairly moderate myself, but lately I'm more annoyed with angry conservatives who are always ranting about how they're going to "take their country back".

Old 07-28-2015, 05:46 PM

33,548 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Liberal thinkers are shallow.. can't reason and have no real reason why they choose to think as they do.. get mad at anyone who doesn't agree with them.

The conservatives , and I know many ,are intelligent, think things through, have good reasons why they think and how they come to the conclusion of what they believe and why they believe as they do. They supply the road map of why they think as they do.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefly View Post
I think it's more frustration with the misinformation that people like Beck, Limbaugh, and Fox News pump out. Trump is the Frankenstein monster result of that decades long campaign to favor ideology over truth.

Liberals do it too - remember McCain's "100 years of war" or Ferguson's "hands up, don't shoot" misinformation? But, it pales in comparison to the vast right wing media.
What has Donald Trump said that's so untruthful?
But anyway, the real issue is an intolerance amongst some on the left to stand for any disagreement. Like how they tried to blame that shooting in Arizona on Sarah Palin and the Tea Party. Or blaming the Boston marathon bombing on the Tea Party. Because that's the way they think: if you have political views that they don't like then you must be inducing schizophrenics to kill people, or setting off bombs at marathons. And it's pretty vile.

Old 07-28-2015, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
What has Donald Trump said that's so untruthful?
But anyway, the real issue is an intolerance amongst some on the left to stand for any disagreement. Like how they tried to blame that shooting in Arizona on Sarah Palin and the Tea Party. Or blaming the Boston marathon bombing on the Tea Party. Because that's the way they think: if you have political views that they don't like then you must be inducing schizophrenics to kill people, or setting off bombs at marathons. And it's pretty vile.
Yeah, I see that with liberals. I see it from the right, too. Some are so intolerant of science that doesn't agree with their myths about climate or homosexuality or evolution. Some can be intolerant of different worldviews that aren't white male Christian dominated.

That's why I keep my distance from both clans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies