Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 09:02 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times

Advertisements

Wow, people here advocate murdering a human because that human killed an animal (I don't agree with trophy hunting). I bet many of these same people are against the death penalty if a human kills another human (and pro abortion for that matter).

Old 07-30-2015, 09:13 PM

6,104 posts, read 5,990,126 times
One hasn't heard a peep out of The National Rifle Association which was originally founded to promote the sport of hunting and marksmanship and the rights of hunter's to pursue their sport. Here we have an American hunter who is being persecuted simply because he dared to be a hunter. Why is the NRA not helping an American Hunter who is in distress.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:14 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,391,525 times
this lion getting killing has no effect on my life, the tourist in zimbaombwaay to kill a lion has no effect on my life. this would not even be a moment on cnn to pay attention between commercials.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 PM

29,522 posts, read 19,616,477 times
Meanwhile back in Zimbabwe....

Quote:
It's so cruel, but I don't understand the whole fuss, there are so many pressing issues in Zimbabwe — we have water shortages, no electricity and no jobs — yet people are making noise about a lion?" said Eunice Vhunise, a Harare resident. "I saw Cecil once when I visited the game park. I will probably miss him. But honestly the attention is just too much
Zimbabweans can't understand why Americans are so upset over 'Cecil the lion' when there are so many bigger problems in the country - Business Insider

Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 PM

18,158 posts, read 15,626,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
The Lacey Act. The Fish and Wildlife Service might be interested in how and where he got some of the other trophies hanging at his home

, too.
If the animals were taken legally, and yes not selling them or such, there's nothing to be interested in. I know a lot of people with African, Indian, and other exotic animal trophies , hanging on walls. Yon can't get anything like that past customs without all the I's dotted and T's crossed.

The Lacey act is aimed at poaching for profit stuff. People killing animalss lime elephant and rhino for the ivory, bear , deer, and a slew of others for gall bladder and horn, used in those silly Asian concoctions that are supposedly aphrodisiacs, rare furs, anything that can be sold on the black market. I highly doubt the guy smuggled in all those trophies. In reality, they aren't worth much. The poaching market isn't set up around trophies.

Arab royalty creates a big demand for rhino horn, for handles on their ceremonial daggers, elephant, walrus, any ivory, is in demand for lots of stuff. Asian carvers scarf it up, used to be popular for knife and pistol grips, stock inlays, etc. A friend of mine has a set of elephant ivory pistol grips, that have been in his family since the early 1890s. Be has to keep papers on them, and they can't ever be sold. There is even stiff regs on fossil ivory. Mammoth tusk and such. That makes no sense to me, since they are already long extinct, but, its regulated, heavily, nonetheless.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:19 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Quote:
He wouldn't be in hiding from the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service if he thought what he was doing was legal. Did you know he'd pleated guilty in the past of killing a bear on restricted land? When he and his guide dragged a dead animal behind their vehicle to lure the lion out of the Reserve and onto private property, a person would have to a fool to believe he didn't know that what they were doing was illegal.
He specifically went after Cecil. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:22 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,525,824 times
Yes, it's sad that their situation is so desperate that they ignore an American ahole in their country robbing them of a national treasure. Kind of like the lack of outrage from Europeans during WW2 when the Nazis were stealing priceless art. Staying alive seemed more pressing.

Old 07-31-2015, 05:32 AM

57,271 posts, read 26,199,434 times
Quote:
I'll bet he's already done that. Texas has "canned hunters" where trophy hunters shoot exotic animals as they walk out of cages. From the dentist's photo gallery he's slandered a lot of animals. His balls must be the size of sugar peas, judging by his sick "hobby."
That group in Texas was in the news a few years ago, shooting animals while they walk out of cages and they call it sport.

Old 07-31-2015, 06:21 AM

36,754 posts, read 14,825,823 times
I've already been clear about what I think about this turd of a dentist, but the hypocrisy is nothing short of stunning.

Cecil's death is "disturbing" (I think so, too), yet that story gets 11 minutes just on the evening news while the latest Planned Parenthood revelations barely get a mention--and NO ONE on the Old Media newscasts referred to them as "disturbing."

And calling for the torture and murder of Cecil's killer? I'm sure not advocating that abortionists be murdered.

Yes....more SH (Stunning Hypocrisy) .

Old 07-31-2015, 07:15 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,311,700 times
"Zimbabwe has started extradition proceedings and hopes the U.S. will cooperate, said Oppah Muchinguri, the African nation's environment minister."

Cecil the lion: Zimbabwe asks U.S. to extradite dentist over killing - CNN.com

A petition to get the White House to respond to a cry to get Palmer extradited to face charges in Africa has reached 146,000 signatures, 46,000 more than needed. So the "hunter" becomes the hunted. Come out, come out where ever you are Walter!

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/30/politi...lion-petition/

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 07-31-2015 at 07:32 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies