Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 02:58 PM

624 posts, read 378,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Have you ever been on a hunt? If not, how could you understand?

I find people, who just sit around and judge others, to be weird and disturbing.

I haven't done hunting myself but just hiking into position, setting up bait, waiting, taking a shot and tracking an animal would be very exhausting just to think about it. It's easily days of work.

From the sports level, it beats golf or baseball, if you ask me.
And if you did that without killing something that would be different. I never said it wasn't hard work, but it's not real "sport" because the animal doesn't have a chance to kill you.

I don't understand killing just for the sake of fun.

I'm not completely against hunting. But when it's only for sport, and you don't use the animals for food it's just a waste of life.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:06 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
And if you did that without killing something that would be different. I never said it wasn't hard work, but it's not real "sport" because the animal doesn't have a chance to kill you.

I don't understand killing just for the sake of fun.

I'm not completely against hunting. But when it's only for sport, and you don't use the animals for food it's just a waste of life.
You don't have to call it sport.

Plenty of animals are killed not for food. You must have killed many for your own pleasure. I don't see you are in any position judging others.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:27 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Rare CNN article that actually is somewhat neutral.

Why killing lions like Cecil may help conservation - CNN.com

Old 08-03-2015, 03:44 PM

2,440 posts, read 3,429,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious Conversation View Post
The news media has really taken off on the killing of this Cecil the lion by the Minnesota dentist. I don't agree with the hunting of these animals, and whether or not it was illegal adds legal weight to the mix, but when you look at the dramatic loss of human life - whether that's ISIS, abortion, killings on the streets in the urban areas, etc. - Doesn't it seem like there's too much outrage over the loss of a lion?

Cecil the lion: Zimbabwean wildlife researcher took last photograph of animal - Telegraph
Yes. And I am very appreciative, sympathetic to animals. But it seems lately that we have more compassion for them than the constant slaughtering of innocent people on the streets. Humans, no matter what they believe, look like, or profession, don't deserve to be murdered any more than animals. All of it is precious life.

Old 08-03-2015, 03:59 PM

Quote:
You don't have to call it sport.

Plenty of animals are killed not for food. You must have killed many for your own pleasure. I don't see you are in any position judging others.
For what it's worth, I'm not even really judging others. I just find the act strange and weird.

I think the whole uproar right now is way overblown.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:23 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
Another psycho is in the spotlight now as well for killing a giraffe.

Huntress responds to controversy over slaying of giraffe in South Africa - Houston Chronicle

The hell is wrong with these people?! They are sick to their core. They genuinely get a thrill from killing another sentient, living animal. Read her own words; she's a psychopath. How could you possibly find joy in killing a giraffe? More from her:

If you respected a creature, you don't kill it. Take a photo maybe, but to claim you respect an animal you have a connection with and then kill it makes you a sick person. There is something seriously misfiring in that little brain of theirs. Trophy hunters = sewer scum. Right up there with drunk drivers.
I like how this nut job defends herself by claiming giraffes can be very dangerous.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
I like how this nut job defends herself by claiming giraffes can be very dangerous.
They can be.

That's why she should be there with a spear and shield instead of with a gun.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:25 PM

Quote:
You made it sound like everything they did was illegal, which is yet to be determined. If they did do things illegally, fining them to the appropriate amount would be rightfully justified. I'd like to see the fine goes to the conservation though. There's really no need for prison time or even destroying the dentist's business.
Well that should be up to Zimbabwe courts to decide, he should be extradited to stand trial.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Our human's very existence is based on murdering, mutilating, abusing, and torturing animals. That list could go on forever.

We, every single one of us here alive and dead, either have paid for it, done it ourselves or lived on the benefits or results of it. Why that makes some of you in a better position to pass judgement on others is beyond my limited brain.
So now you are trying to justify this act....wow.

Old 08-03-2015, 04:39 PM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Care to show us where she said that in the link you are quoting?

Go ahead, I'll wait.

And BTW.....why is everyone missing this point?

Quote:
"Everything I've done here is legally," Corgatelli said in response.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies