Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2015, 09:30 AM

12,883 posts, read 13,936,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
My wife pumped. She did the same times every single day, because her body, like pretty much every women's, will quickly adapt to a pumping schedule.

The lawyer agreed to a schedule when she would have a break to pump.

It was most likely a stunt she used to try to get an advantage.

In basketball you can't just sub players in the middle of a game during play.

Nobody finds it strange, because she probably didn't bring her child. Working women pump and store the milk to provide to the child later. The child most likely wasn't at court.
... Seriously? I was with you until this line.

Would you say that your wife breastfed your baby and pumped on a schedule all to use it to her advantage at some point? Or perhaps she was just feeding your baby in the best way she saw fit, and in order to do that, had to schedule pumping sessions so her breasts wouldn't become painfully engorged or start leaking through her shirt?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:31 AM

10,599 posts, read 17,847,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meyerland View Post
You really think women who are breastfeeding/pumping should not be allowed back to work? What about if it's a female president who has a child? Is she exempt and the VP takes over?

Come on...pre scheduling breaks is fine. It's about nourishing a child.
How did you get THAT out of my post?

I said I did not schedule HUGE CASES like suing DONALD TRUMP three months after having a baby. LOL

AND I said she HAD pre scheduled breaks so "needing more" was only a delaying tactic.

And if she needed additional breaks, she simply only had to leave the room and go pump. NOT whip out her pump in the middle of the room doing a deposition.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

Would you say that your wife breastfed your baby and pumped on a schedule all to use it to her advantage at some point? Or perhaps she was just feeding your baby in the best way she saw fit, and in order to do that, had to schedule pumping sessions so her breasts wouldn't become painfully engorged or start leaking through her shirt?
You're not following the story.

The lawyer DID have scheduled breaks to pump.

She claimed she needed one impromptu and when they objected she whipped out the PUMP instead of simply leaving the room and ignoring their objections.

My guess is YOU don't know about breastfeeding yourself.

Your breasts are ON A SCHEDULE just like the baby.

They don't SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST unexpectedly if you've been breastfeeding/pumping routinely all along.

So let's say she DID need an extra break because she didn't plan properly...NOBODY made her stay in that room. It's only a stupid conference room, anyway.

So YES it was a delaying tactic because she needed to buy time to ask her follow up questions.

She lost the JURY case. That tells you everything.

As a WOMAN [who breastfed for 18 mos.], it's EMBARRASSING to see people claim this poor weakling was subjected to evil men when she was COMPETENT ENOUGH to SUE THE DONALD???

Either we're EQUAL or we can blame OURSELVES. Especially for using our gender as a complaining point.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:36 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
The lawyer agreed to a schedule when she would have a break to pump.

Period. She wanted to use that break. Trump and his attorney wanted to stop her from taking that break. She brought out a piece of medical equipment to emphasize that she needed to take this break. And she got it, with the added benefit of Trump telling her she was "disgusting".

It was not likely a stunt.
Do you know what the word "schedule" means?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:37 AM

50,178 posts, read 63,636,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
That IS disgusting. There was absolutely no reason to do that in front of anyone. Why didn't she excuse herself? Very different than the natural act of breastfeeding an actual child. I would be just as disgusted if a man decided to pee in a jar in front of me.
I know, right? Trump saw it for the delay tactic it was, but they are trying to spin it.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post
You're not following the story.

The lawyer DID have scheduled breaks to pump.

She claimed she needed one impromptu and when they objected she whipped out the PUMP instead of simply leaving the room and ignoring their objections.

My guess is YOU don't know about breastfeeding yourself.

Your breasts are ON A SCHEDULE just like the baby.

They don't SPONTANEOUSLY COMBUST unexpectedly if you've been breastfeeding/pumping routinely all along.

So let's say she DID need an extra break because she didn't plan properly...NOBODY made her stay in that room. It's only a stupid conference room, anyway.

So YES it was a delaying tactic because she needed to buy time to ask her follow up questions.

She lost the JURY case. That tells you everything.

As a WOMAN [who breastfed for 18 mos.], it's EMBARRASSING to see people claim this poor weakling was subjected to evil men when she was COMPETENT ENOUGH to SUE THE DONALD???

Either we're EQUAL or we can blame OURSELVES. Especially for using our gender as a complaining point.
I didn't say that they do. But if you prolong it at a time when you should be pumping or feeding, they can leak or become painful. Other posters have mentioned this, too.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,944,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I know, right? Trump saw it for the delay tactic it was, but they are trying to spin it.
And, to top it all off it happened back in 2011...
To coin a phrase "at this point what does it really matter"?

Old 07-30-2015, 09:41 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,540,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post

Are you really this naive?

Serious question.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Are you really this naive?

Serious question.
Sorry that I was unaware of the whole story. Like I'm going to read through 13 pages just so I can avoid being called naive by you.

Old 07-30-2015, 09:43 AM

I hope this lawyer had a male child not female. She's a TERRIBLE example of an independent competent PERSON who doesn't have to claim victimization especially at the hands of "evil men".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.