Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2015, 08:01 AM

2,014 posts, read 1,524,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
Before abortion was legal I lost a friend to a back alley abortion. Her dad took her there and her dad impregnated her. Why is it always the woman/girl who gets all the scorn when you talk about not thinking about the consequences of having sex?
You know what? I don't believe one word of it. You're just another leftist making stuff up. These kinds of fairies tales are so old they are petrified but that's all you've got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2015, 08:02 AM

26,661 posts, read 13,664,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
Oh yes, good old ACA. I know several women who got thrown into medicaid. I even know one who's parents wanted to pay for her insurance, didn't work. I guess she should have lied about how much she made. Anyway, it's rather difficult to find a doctor who takes Medicaid. In our county, medicaid women have to go to the county hospital. I wouldn't send my dog there .
If they have the means to do so (parents helping with costs) they can always self pay for a visit with a private doctor as a cash patient. On average, they would pay $100 once a year for that annual exam. Or they could get the free exam at the County Hospital. It's not that bad of an option, imo.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:33 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,286,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You know what? I don't believe one word of it. You're just another leftist making stuff up. These kinds of fairies tales are so old they are petrified but that's all you've got.
Oh, I get it! Only pro-lifers have a right to line up anecdotes from women who've had abortions that they later regret and parade them in TV ads. But people who have first hand knowledge of back alley, illegal abortions gone wrong don't count in your bias brain and shouldn't be a part of the dialogue.

Old 08-04-2015, 08:39 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,074,543 times
We all know that Planned Parenthood is not the only place to get birth control.

Last edited by CaseyB; 08-04-2015 at 08:50 AM.. Reason: rude

Old 08-04-2015, 09:04 AM

6,500 posts, read 6,021,376 times
New video out. Mention of "intact fetal cadavers". Sorry, but this is disgusting. And that blob of goo tissue argument is bs at this point. There is zero defense of this

Old 08-04-2015, 10:18 AM

57,009 posts, read 25,978,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
We all know that Planned Parenthood is not the only place to get birth control.
Why would you close a clinic that provides education and birth control, isn't that counter productive. Also I don't believe many of these women at the low end have easy access in their areas.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:45 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,240,887 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Okay, that's not what I asked for. Those are opinions. I want actual statistics, actual regions with statistics that show there are areas of the country where women do not have access to "these provisions".
It's common sense. They are one of the largest providers out there. So it's going to affect womens access for a time until something else fills the void.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:46 AM

15,492 posts, read 10,426,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
If they have the means to do so (parents helping with costs) they can always self pay for a visit with a private doctor as a cash patient. On average, they would pay $100 once a year for that annual exam. Or they could get the free exam at the County Hospital. It's not that bad of an option, imo.
I imagine a lot of them do self pay, that's true. I still self pay my primary care doctor because she doesn't even take insurance. I was just pointing out that medicaid doctors are few and far between.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Blah, blah, blah, incest, blah, blah.

We get it.

Except for the very few EXTREME fundamentalists, your "what about the incest victims" line isn't credible anymore.
The same can be said of the "late term abortion" lines from anti abortionists.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
You can repeat the Planned Parenthood propaganda as many times as you like. It doesn't alter the real fact that all of this stuff is readily available from other sources and that PP is the number one baby butcher in the country. All you are doing is showing that you are a leftist automaton.
And you are any different ? Seems to be that you lack any ability for independent thought yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies