Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2015, 10:57 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,015,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winning Guy View Post
You are purposely misrepresenting my arguments.

Why the dishonesty? Is this how you must frame things? You feel the need to misrepresent another person's goals?

you just said taking away the right to abort would only be a byproduct to trying to save a life. don't BS yourself. you do want to take away our rights.

BTW you refuse to answer if you agree with birth control. just how do you want to lower abortion rates?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2015, 11:00 PM

624 posts, read 379,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
The only dishonesty here is with you, I am just calling you out on what you want. You want to take away a woman's right to choose because they should be birthing every baby rather than making up their own decisions.....do you think women are too stupid to make that choice for themselves?
My desire is to save a life.

You choose to misrepresent my desires because that is the easiest way to vilify my position.

That is being dishonest.

Quote:
I am well aware what a representative government is, though I hope you know that it doesn't mean you get to make the personal choices on where your tax dollars go and don't go.

No, it doesn't change the fact that it is alive because the woman that is hosting the fetus is also alive. Without the host, the fetus would not be alive.
Ahh...so you're one of those people that see the fetus as alive, but think it's okay to kill it.

At least I understand you better now.

Quote:
So basically you can't force people to choose life, but you can try to force people.....that is what we keep telling you, you wish to take away a woman's choice.

Oh I am well aware your point of view is seen through a clouded morality that is only accurate to yourself and hyperbole.
Read through the thread and look for the hyperbole. It's coming from you.

But at least now that I truly know that your position is that it's okay to kill what you define as a living unborn being, I now know that we can never have honest discussion. I can never truly understand you as a person.

I can understand someone that doesn't see the fetus as "alive". I can't understand someone that does see the fetus as alive, but advocates killing.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:05 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,171,483 times
Quote:
My desire is to save a life.

You choose to misrepresent my desires because that is the easiest way to vilify my position.

That is being dishonest.

Ahh...so you're one of those people that see the fetus as alive, but think it's okay to kill it.

At least I understand you better now.

Read through the thread and look for the hyperbole. It's coming from you.

But at least now that I truly know that your position is that it's okay to kill what you define as a living unborn being, I now know that we can never have honest discussion. I can never truly understand you as a person.
Do you care about the woman's life? What if that pregnancy puts her life in risk, should she be forced to lose her life to give birth to a child?

The only one here being dishonest is you.

Yes, if a woman chooses to terminate her fetus or embryo, then she is completely legal to do so, it is her body and her choices. Not mine, not yours, not the government's.

So what you are saying is you don't know what the word hyperbole means.

How do you feel about women murdering their children? That is called hyperbole.

Um, I have been clear about my position from the beginning, it is a woman's right to choose what she wishes to do with her body. And I think I can live with the fact that you are incapable of understanding me as a person.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you just said taking away the right to abort would only be a byproduct to trying to save a life. don't BS yourself. you do want to take away our rights.
I thought I was clear. I provided an analogy with o help you understand the logic.

If someone wanted to kill their one yr old child, and there was no law to stop them, would you want to stop them from doing so? Would you want to create a law to prevent it?

Would you define doing so as your desire to take away that person's right to kill their child?

I think you choose to avoid answering this because it would show that it's not about the desire to control others.
Quote:
BTW you refuse to answer if you agree with birth control. just how do you want to lower abortion rates?

Did you even ask me that? If you did, I missed it.

I am all for contraception. Anything you can do to prevent the situation of an unwanted pregnancy should be done.

As for lowering abortion rates? I think abortion after 9 weeks should be illegal.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:43 PM

Quote:
Do you care about the woman's life? What if that pregnancy puts her life in risk, should she be forced to lose her life to give birth to a child?
I do care about a woman's life. If an abortion is necessary to spare her life, then it's understandable.
Quote:
The only one here being dishonest is you.

Yes, if a woman chooses to terminate her fetus or embryo, then she is completely legal to do so, it is her body and her choices. Not mine, not yours, not the government's.
I am aware of the barbaric law.

Quote:
So what you are saying is you don't know what the word hyperbole means.

How do you feel about women murdering their children? That is called hyperbole.
In what context did I say something like that? Was I giving an analogy? Was I asking a question in order to more fully understand a position?

I have done my best to avoid hyperbole, unlike you. Please quote the post where you believe I engaged in hyperbole, and if I did then I will apologize.

Quote:
Um, I have been clear about my position from the beginning, it is a woman's right to choose what she wishes to do with her body. And I think I can live with the fact that you are incapable of understanding me as a person.
I guess I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. There aren't too many people out there that are okay with killing, so I had assumed that you didn't see the fetus as a life. I was mistaken.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:51 PM

Quote:
I do care about a woman's life. If an abortion is necessary to spare her life, then it's understandable.

I am aware of the barbaric law.

In what context did I say something like that? Was I giving an analogy? Was I asking a question in order to more fully understand a position?

I have done my best to avoid hyperbole, unlike you. Please quote the post where you believe I engaged in hyperbole, and if I did then I will apologize.

I guess I wanted to give you the benefit of the doubt. There aren't too many people out there that are okay with killing, so I had assumed that you didn't see the fetus as a life. I was mistaken.
I gave you a simple example of hyperbole, if you are unable to see when you do that, I can't help you. Though I have not done any hyperbole on this topic....maybe you are confusing me with someone else.

And I informed you that a fetus is alive as long as the host is alive, therefore it is the host's decision if she wishes to grow a baby inside her, not yours.

Old 08-03-2015, 11:59 PM

Quote:
And I informed you that a fetus is alive as long as the host is alive, therefore it is the host's decision if she wishes to grow a baby inside her, not yours.
I'm aware of your position. I just can't respect someone that sees a small, defenseless, dependent life, but thinks it's okay to kill it as a "choice".

I know that you don't care if I respect you it not, so we can just leave it as that.

You'll never convince me that the being you acknowledge as alive should be killed by choice. And Ill never convince you that the fetus's life is valuable.

Old 08-04-2015, 12:02 AM

Quote:
I'm aware of your position. I just can't respect someone that sees a small, defenseless, dependent life, but thinks it's okay to kill it as a "choice".

I know that you don't care if I respect you it not, so we can just leave it as that.

You'll never convince me that the being you acknowledge as alive should be killed by choice. And Ill never convince you that the fetus's life is valuable.
That's cool with me, I can't respect people who are willing to take away a woman's right to satisfy their own moral needs.

Oh and good news, you can choose to never ever have an abortion if you want.

Old 08-04-2015, 04:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
At what week of gestation does an embryo or fetus become an "innocent child"?
Then God help over half of Americans who don't believe it is murder. Why did God make over 1/2 of Americans believe it is not murder?
You're playing "God." Who are you to decide when life begins? The question Leftists always want to ask is, "When does it become human?" It's a stupid and ridiculous question. It doesn't need to be answered, much less is it deserving of an answer.

As to your second, and equally stupid, question; God gave man free will. We are not puppets. He does not "make us believe" anything.

Old 08-04-2015, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're playing "God." Who are you to decide when life begins? The question Leftists always want to ask is, "When does it become human?" It's a stupid and ridiculous question. It doesn't need to be answered, much less is it deserving of an answer.

As to your second, and equally stupid, question; God gave man free will. We are not puppets. He does not "make us believe" anything.
Maybe we should restrict men from being able to ejaculate except for when it is for making a baby, this would eliminate all unwanted pregnancies. I am sure the pro-life crowd could get behind that one, a man's sperm is only there to impregnate women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies