Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 02:07 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
You are. You said "those 'free' phones are donated by Sprint and other phone companies," not realizing that those donations generate tax credits which liberals deride as "corporate welfare."

So, "donated?" No. Not at all. According to liberals, they're costing the taxpayers.
I'd say they're costing Sprint. They're not that big of a tax deduction. And after having worked for them, it's the one decent thing I've seen them do.

They could, of course, just throw them out. Much as I dislike Sprint, I honestly believe they'd keep donating the phones even if there was no deduction for them.

Our government could have just not bailed out the banks in 2008, which was stupid and probably useless, considering that the banks had been through this before and hadn't learned their lesson, and not one single banker this time went to jail. But it was necessary. I can't imagine where this country would be if we hadn't done that.

It's one thing to do help a business or a person when it's good for the whole country. It's something else entirely when the help that is given is solely to make a rich person richer. Especially one who pays his employees such low wages that the government has to bail out those employees with welfare and food stamps.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2015, 02:10 PM

89,002 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I'd say they're costing Sprint. They're not that big of a tax deduction.
Can we end the stupid complaints about corporate tax deductions now?

Old 08-06-2015, 02:30 PM

20,459 posts, read 12,379,585 times
this is a great thread. im loving watching the contortions democrat leaning posters are going thru to deny reality.

of course government dependency benefits the party that supports the dependency.

at present the democrat party is the party of dependency.

Old 08-06-2015, 03:30 PM

2,014 posts, read 1,528,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw335xi View Post
There is an overwhelming support for Democrats among people who receive food stamps, unemployment compensation, government disability, public housing, medicaid and welfare/public assistance.

Public Housing: 81% Dem vs 12% Rep
Medicaid: 74% Dem vs 16% Rep
Food Stamps: 67% Dem vs 20% Rep
Unemployment Comp: 66% Dem vs 21% Rep
Disability: 64% Dem vs 25% Rep
Welfare/Public Assistance: 63% Dem vs 22% Rep

This begs to question...

1) Do Democrats really want to get people off government programs?
2) Would it hurt them as a party if we saw 50% less people relying on these government programs?
3) Do Democrats want to create new programs to potentially expand and lock-in their base?

I view it similar to how Apple retains its customers, such as iTunes. You start buying your music from iTunes and it's only compatible with Apple products. If you were to change to say Samsung, you would have to go through a lot of work converting your songs and lose quality as a result from converting these files. I myself at one point was considering trying out Samsung, but decided against it because I was already so engraved into Apple. The more programs Democrats create, the more people who will end up relying on these programs, thus making them more likely to vote for the party who created and supports these programs. This is just my thinking anyways.

--------
DISCLAIMER: I've voted for Obama both elections and haven't regretted my choices. I even have a "I am a proud Obama voter" sticker on my fridge (it was sent to me for free, but I still put it up nonetheless). However, I am perfectly fine with being critical about the party I voted for. I consider myself someone who is near the center because I like ideas from both parties and also hate ideas from both parties. I tend to annoy a lot of hardcore Democrats and hardcore Republicans, but most people around the middle seem to agree with me or at least are fine with me when discussing politics. When it comes to social issues such as abortion, same-sex marriage, stem cells etc I side with liberals, when it comes fiscal issues such as tax policy, spending, government programs etc I side with conservatives. And then there are some issues where I'm mixed such as the second amendment. I support having universal background checks, but I also support being able to conceal carry for those who qualify. I support funding the military, but I don't want to preemptively police the world. Anyways, that's enough disclaimer lol. My point I'm trying to get across is I'm not attacking Democrats here, this is just a real concern I have about the party.
Course they do. Their whole party is based on the brain dead, bleating victim herd.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:34 PM

7,029 posts, read 4,894,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Can we end the stupid complaints about corporate tax deductions now?
Why not, since you obviously don't understand a thing I've posted.

Old 08-06-2015, 10:36 PM

2,468 posts, read 1,918,983 times
Actually conservatives have an active interest in keeping the less well off on welfare. This way corporations wont have to give them higher wages, the government subsidizes employee wages, and the corporations and CEOs make huge profits. Makes sense.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rorqual View Post
Actually conservatives have an active interest in keeping the less well off on welfare.
That makes no sense. The welfare demographic overwhelmingly votes D. By keeping as many people as possible poor, Dems guarantee themselves a highly reliable voter base.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
Why not, since you obviously don't understand a thing I've posted.
Do you not know that Sprint gets a tax deduction (called "corporate welfare" in idiot liberal land ) for donating those phones?

You must have missed the memo, because you're advocating for "corporate welfare."

Old 08-07-2015, 05:43 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,073,984 times
Y'all are so cute in this thread.

From incited, unverified stats posing as gospel to the "poor people deserve to suffer" complex to the not-exactly-subtle racism of many posters, this thread shows how much compassion is entirely absent amongst far right conservatives.

Y'all would be changing your tune if you lost your job.

Old 08-07-2015, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharks With Lasers View Post
Y'all are so cute in this thread.

From incited, unverified stats
What are you talking about? The stats are verified.

Maxwell School of Citizenship and Public Affairs at Syracuse University data cited here:
81% of people receiving public housing benefits vote Democratic - and that's just the tip of the handout iceberg

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies