U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2015, 06:05 PM

12,403 posts, read 3,866,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by portlandnewb View Post
I hate to break it to ya, but for many it is a last resort
So is working at McDonald's or as a temporary laborer. No woman has to prostitute, they choose to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2015, 06:08 PM

116 posts, read 67,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
So is working at McDonald's or as a temporary laborer. No woman has to prostitute, they choose to.
As a last resort

The vast majority of women would rather work at Micky Dees than sell themselves

Old 08-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
Eastern Euro girls aren't involved in the AMP scene though. In fact, I don't know where to find them to be quite honest. Never heard of any reputed agencies that specialize in them. Clubs and street walkers on the east coast maybe?
Yes, they are very common on the East coast

Old 08-05-2015, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by foadi View Post
I'm not into the AMP scene at all, onlu been to a few dozen around the US. My impression has been that a lot of the Chinese girls are trafficked (maybe as much as 10-15%). if the girls are other nationalities, prolly not trafficked.
I don't know. Never been to a massage parlor before. I'd assume even the Chinese ones are probably no different than the cooks in the back of a Chinese restaurant. They're probably less of a slave than they would be otherwise and while not necessarily happy probably aren't doing it entirely against their will.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:10 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,221,610 times
Quote:
Sure they were.... it is common knowledge that most "massage" parlors are run by criminal organizations and the women are brought in for those services

You are being intellectually dishonest about the subject. Human trafficking is huge in America sadly

PsySR: Psychologists for Social Responsibliity

Some people with an agenda REALLY need to educate themselves. Again, I am not arguing for or against legalization, I just think that there is an ENORMOUS amount of ignorance on the subject by several posters on this thread
Well, this is something that I witnessed with my own eyes. The AMP girls were in it of their own volition. The only coercion was on the part of local police, who were known to sometimes have sex w/ them and then bust them. Then police/prosecutors would threaten to toss them behind bars if they didn't rat out their friends.

Sorry, but I'm going to put more credence in my eyes than in your UN studies.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM

684 posts, read 615,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by basketballdude39 View Post
It would result in fewer loners in the world, and fewer pissed off loners with guns who shoot up high schools / movie theatres.
If its YOUR daughter, or YOUR mother, than let's go ahead, and legalize prostitution. Women aren't just objects for a man's lust.

The sex industry with all of its addicting demoralizing filth is what is causing so many people to become "loners".

Old 08-05-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Yes, they are very common on the East coast
You know this how? I imagine it would be so easy to break off and freelance as a prostitute on the east coast that what you're claiming is an impossibility.

Old 08-05-2015, 06:14 PM

2,935 posts, read 4,750,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
I don't know. Never been to a massage parlor before. I'd assume even the Chinese ones are probably no different than the cooks in the back of a Chinese restaurant. They're probably less of a slave than they would be otherwise and while not necessarily happy probably aren't doing it entirely against their will.
Yeah, there is a lot of sex trafficking in mainland China itself. Like pre-crackdown, one just had to look at the P4P hotspots like Dongguan, and Zhuhai. Dozens of KTV's with 500-1000 girls each. Most of them trafficked from poor provinces. Same with the BBS's. I quite enjoyed them tho. Girls didn't seem miserable. If their families didn't sell them to those places, they woulda sold them to factories or some crap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truly Missouri View Post
Women aren't just objects for a man's lust.
So what are men, just objects to be loathed and to get money out of?

I don't know how many stories I've heard of a guy trying to make a stripper or prostitute he's been paying his girlfriend just to be conned and used. Prostitutes aren't victims, if anything the johns are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wutitiz View Post
Well, this is something that I witnessed with my own eyes. The AMP girls were in it of their own volition. The only coercion was on the part of local police, who were known to sometimes have sex w/ them and then bust them. Then police/prosecutors would threaten to toss them behind bars if they didn't rat out their friends.

Sorry, but I'm going to put more credence in my eyes than in your UN studies.
Given you distaste for the government in your posts, I am not surprised

But I think you are full of it here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies