Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 12:38 PM

26,699 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
if someone doesn't date people who look like them, even when those people have all other traits they are looking for, then they are making their dating choices based on appearance, the appearance of someone who doesn't look like them. people can date who they want, but I can have an opinion. to deny that many black men chose non black mates due to white supremacist programming is to deny racism itself.
Of course they make choices based on appearance, that is most of what dating is. Black men are also programmed the other way as well to NOT go outside the race by family. I'd say that is a much stronger influence.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:41 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
so you do not understand that it is the exclusion of bm/bw and not the inclusion of ww/wm that we are talking about here? find the post where I said ir dating is wrong. (hint: you won't find it)
Lol, the tone of your posts, as well as certain terms you used like "Uncle Tom" and "programming" give your feelings away. Not that IR is wrong, but if someone only dates outside of their race is wrong. And "disturbing" is a very odd word choice to describe one's dating preference outside of their race.

You decided to jump in and start name calling BM who simply stated they like to date outside of their race and made incorrect assumptions, and now are trying to backtrack.

Like I said, it's your opinion, I don't share it or worry myself about other people's dating preferences.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:43 PM

8,610 posts, read 7,894,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
It is a event, and it is current. I posted it because I felt like it. Why are you posting if you don't like the topic
There are lots of other forums to post stuff like this to. I think CD needs a RACIST forum.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:51 PM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
Lol, the tone of your posts, as well as certain terms you used like "Uncle Tom" and "programming" give your feelings away. Not that IR is wrong, but if someone only dates outside of their race is wrong. And "disturbing" is a very odd word choice to describe one's dating preference outside of their race.

You decided to jump in and start name calling BM who simply stated they like to date outside of their race and made incorrect assumptions, and now are trying to backtrack.

Like I said, it's your opinion, I don't share it or worry myself about other people's dating preferences.
I'm not back tracking. all my post are there, including the first one where I state that there is nothing wrong with dating out, but there is a problem, imo, with dating out exclusively. I haven't changed or backtracked anything. i stand by what I've said. it is disturbing and questionable when someone decides they will not date people who look like them.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:00 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,272,748 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
Of course they make choices based on appearance, that is most of what dating is. Black men are also programmed the other way as well to NOT go outside the race by family. I'd say that is a much stronger influence.
I don't think family pressure is that strong of an influence on black men these days.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:12 PM

774 posts, read 745,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PJA View Post
You mean your opinion of the video??? Which you obviously didn't watch because your comments and nothing to do with what was actually said the in video.
My comment have EVERYTHING to do with what was actually said in the video. He's just another brother whining about all the injustices done to him. My opinion is I DON'T CARE.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:19 PM

8,087 posts, read 9,839,139 times
Real men do not complain on the Internet or in Real Life.

Old 08-07-2015, 01:24 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times
The comments that followed the article were even more revealing: why are you dating a white girl, what's wrong with black girls, you're a loser, etc, along with those recounting the negative reactions of black family members when a white boy/man, girl/ woman enters the fold. As if we didn't know that anyway.

That racism door swings both ways.

Old 08-07-2015, 02:58 PM

589 posts, read 696,295 times
Quote:
The vid was beautiful. I love the message that in a true melting pot we can all freely learn from each other without being hindered by our different races.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:05 PM

4,248 posts, read 4,162,816 times
Quote:
I don't think this is indicative of him having anger issues.
His anger is the driving force behind this entire performance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies