U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 AM
 
Location: Suburb of Chicago
20,258 posts, read 9,891,136 times
Reputation: 19915

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slowpoke_TX View Post
When someone acts angry, they will be perceived as angry - regardless of race.

Well, you used the correct word - "acts". He's acting angry. It's a performance. He's not out on the street corner shouting this. He didn't write an article. He's not on the news. He's on a stage performing.

Do you get this upset with black actors when they play roles where they're angry? Because it's pretty much the same thing.

 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:12 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Well, you used the correct word - "acts". He's acting angry. It's a performance. He's not out on the street corner shouting this. He didn't write an article. He's not on the news. He's on a stage performing.

Do you get this upset with black actors when they play roles where they're angry? Because it's pretty much the same thing.
Good point, the performance would be horrible if he read it with a big smile on his face.

Mick
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:13 AM
 
Location: Nashville TN
4,925 posts, read 4,889,107 times
Reputation: 4778
Lot of black people are against inter racial dating, I know I once dated a black lady and she parents were pissed that I was white. Remember people black people can't be racist, only white people can lol
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:16 AM
 
69 posts, read 46,599 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
This issue of light vs dark was touched upon I believe in one of Spike Lee's movie a while back.

Anyways it is almost a universal cultural preference across many countries to prefer lighter or white skin over dark/black skin.

Sad but true.
I feel very sorry for dark women because this universal cultural preference means, more often than not, they won't be selected for marriage.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:22 AM
 
69 posts, read 46,599 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Lot of black people are against inter racial dating, I know I once dated a black lady and she parents were pissed that I was white. Remember people black people can't be racist, only white people can lol
There are plenty of black racists, but many will overlook their actions.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:29 AM
Status: "Buttigieg/Beto/Harris 2020!!" (set 12 days ago)
 
7,150 posts, read 2,867,259 times
Reputation: 6086
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1908WAGY View Post
So he wants sympathy because the white fathers don't like him? LOLOL. Nope. He sounds a fool. He needs to ask himself why he puts so much effort into dating others outside of his race. That's his REAL issue IMO. LOL. Big dummy.

No, he doesn't. He's not asking for sympathy. You completely missed the point.

I'm a black woman who dates all races. When I was younger and insecure, I used to get angry when I saw black men with white woman. I used to take it as a rejection of all black women.

I grew up, I matured, and I realized that people are free to date and be attracted to whomever the hell they want. It has zero impact on my overall value or appeal.

My most recent ex is Indian. I am attracted to men with a certain swag, but I also like nerdy, not-traditionally-attractive guys. My point is, for me, his race has little to do with it.

Having said that, I don't think there is anything wrong with having an affinity for a certain race (that's not your own). That's not necessarily self-hatred. Personally, I think I'd rather date someone with more diverse tastes, but I am not going to judge someone else for their desires.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:45 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
Lot of black people are against inter racial dating, I know I once dated a black lady and she parents were pissed that I was white. Remember people black people can't be racist, only white people can lol
You knew that was coming, didn't you watch the "Jeffersons"? lol

Sucks to be subjected to racism, eh?

Mick
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:45 AM
 
69 posts, read 46,599 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
No, he doesn't. He's not asking for sympathy. You completely missed the point.

I'm a black woman who dates all races. When I was younger and insecure, I used to get angry when I saw black men with white woman. I used to take it as a rejection of all black women.
It appears as though he is asking for sympathy and acceptance.

I honestly think it's only natural to feel insecure as a woman, when the majority of the men in your racial group strongly prefer non black women.
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:49 AM
 
11,758 posts, read 5,523,056 times
Reputation: 7964
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLass View Post
It appears as though he is asking for sympathy and acceptance.

I honestly think it's only natural to feel insecure as a woman, when the majority of the men in your racial group strongly prefer non black women.
I don't know about that, as interracial marriages between whites and blacks were at only 17% or so of all marriages involving a black spouse in 2010, and (surprisingly to me) the ratio of black male-white female marriage to white male-black female marriage was 181:100.

Mick
 
Old 08-09-2015, 10:51 AM
 
2,186 posts, read 1,838,565 times
Reputation: 4096
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTQ3000 View Post
I don't know about that, as interracial marriages between whites and blacks were at only 17% or so of all marriages involving a black spouse in 2010, and (surprisingly to me) the ratio of black male-white female marriage to white male-black female marriage was 181:100.

Mick
Don't bother anymore, it's obvious what she's doing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top