U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-10-2015, 03:13 PM
 
125 posts, read 59,507 times
Reputation: 37

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
The curious thing to me is that the GF's fathers were surprised at meeting the black BF, did not the daughters talk to daddy before hand about the new guy in her life? Did the GF date him just to make a point to daddy? Maybe daddy was surprised at his daughter's acceptance of racial diversity. GENERALLY speaking when a daughter says she has a new BF the picture in daddy's mind will likely be one of the same color, AGAIN, GENERALLY speaking. Why is it incumbent of father's to mentally prepare for the unexpected color of their daughter's newest BF, most of whom likely been their own color? Why does not this lad have the maturity to understand it was out of the ordinary for these fathes to a see black guy? The thing is most father's that I know scrutinized new BF's because they are protective of their daughters, period. The same disapproval could be given by a black father and he would give a second thought other than I better not disrespect her!

Additionally how does he not know that the father's look of uneasiness was that he was not a footballer he could identify with rather than a math looking geek with whom he would have no common ground? This is the problem when living life through your attributes. I didn't get the job because I am fat, skinny, too tall, too short, speak with a lisp, and certainly NOT because I did not have math chops and therefore not qualified to run the linear accelerator at Lawrence Livermore Labs - the system is against me!

Last edited by MacG2014; 08-10-2015 at 03:30 PM..

 
Old 08-10-2015, 03:16 PM
 
Location: Round Rock, Texas
10,689 posts, read 10,083,196 times
Reputation: 14111
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradPiff View Post
Interracial dating doesn't work(especially black and white) because there's too much of a cultural difference. I know we like to play the whole "well it's a post racial society", "We are all Americans", and "I don't see color" card but that's garbage. Incidents like the OJ simpson trial, ferguson/Baltimore, the entire OBama presidency proves we are still very much divided among racial lines.

You know how many white men and women have had their families abandon them because they dated/married black?
Despite ethnic differences, Black and White Americans (with all things being equal socioeconomically and with common interests) are still American. I've had little issue at all dating Black, White and Hispanic Americans. Yes, there were differences, but when you boil it down, all of them were American. it is not the same as dating people born in other countries, as both me and my mother can attest to. There were real cultural challenges, far more challenging than simply looking different or preferring certain types of music.
 
Old 08-10-2015, 03:18 PM
 
3,067 posts, read 2,491,507 times
Reputation: 3608
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKWildcat1981 View Post
I personally like IR dating, I am personally attracted to Middle Eastern and Latino women everyone has a type and skin color does matter its annoying when people say they don't see skin color. Hopefully when people say skin color does not matter they are referring to how to treat people.
When I was younger I was all about Latino guys and some men of middle eastern descent. That was in Chicago. Nowadays I really only find myself attracted to black men or biracial men. I think it's just the way I'm wired though. im bisexual and I can admit that I find women of other races as well as attractive a lot. But the men of other races I don't feel that same sense of attraction.

I have more in common with the white males I meet than the black males I meet, so from that standpoint it makes little sense for me not to feel more attraction to white men but I do not. But i have plenty of friends that IR date often.

Last edited by Faith2187; 08-10-2015 at 03:45 PM..
 
Old 08-10-2015, 03:49 PM
 
Location: Secured. Sealed. Loved. Eternally. I <3 You Jesus!
13,312 posts, read 6,960,449 times
Reputation: 4834
Parents will always have an opinion about whom their sons and daughters date and marry. There are many factors for them to consider. Perhaps, among other reasons, many parents don't want their sons and daughters to date interracially because they do not want to have biracial grandchildren.
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:30 PM
 
47,374 posts, read 45,144,981 times
Reputation: 15143
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
Yeah there are always the same posters saying the same things.
In this case though, there are new posters coming.
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:39 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,569 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by snj90 View Post
Parents will always have an opinion about whom their sons and daughters date and marry. There are many factors for them to consider. Perhaps, among other reasons, many parents don't want their sons and daughters to date interracially because they do not want to have biracial grandchildren.
This is so true. My cousin dated a black guy 2 years ago and her parents and many relatives told her if she got pregnant by him they would disown her. I am Mexican American and my culture truly is accepting of dating all races except blacks. I think it doesn't help that black males tend to not marry their baby mommas no matter the race of the women. I live in LA and most women I see with black mixed kids are single. Parents just want the best for their daughters and unfortunately black males are the least likely to stick around. Mexican Americans of both genders marry whites at 4x the rate of both Asians and blacks. They make much prettier babies in my opinion.
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:44 PM
 
Location: Austin
11,986 posts, read 6,844,598 times
Reputation: 13262
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Well, sometimes when stuff like this comes up, I do wonder. [snip]
If you really wanted to know why you are rejected, GM, you would ask a friend for an honest assessment. Being black may not have anything to do with your problems getting a date with a woman.
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:48 PM
 
Location: Sun City West, Arizona
21,907 posts, read 10,211,395 times
Reputation: 20044
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDave View Post
Heres an idea.. date your own kind
I thought humans were "my kind".
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:53 PM
 
2 posts, read 1,569 times
Reputation: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
We're supposed to believe you just because you say so?
His post is 100% correct. Statistics show that black male white female unions are the least likely to last and they are also the one's with the lowest household incomes. Why is that?
 
Old 08-10-2015, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Secured. Sealed. Loved. Eternally. I <3 You Jesus!
13,312 posts, read 6,960,449 times
Reputation: 4834
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhyNot1 View Post
This is so true. My cousin dated a black guy 2 years ago and her parents and many relatives told her if she got pregnant by him they would disown her. I am Mexican American and my culture truly is accepting of dating all races except blacks. I think it doesn't help that black males tend to not marry their baby mommas no matter the race of the women. I live in LA and most women I see with black mixed kids are single. Parents just want the best for their daughters and unfortunately black males are the least likely to stick around. Mexican Americans of both genders marry whites at 4x the rate of both Asians and blacks. They make much prettier babies in my opinion.
Becoming a single mother is also a potential concern. If you end up as a single mother, you may find it more difficult to date within your own race again if you have a biracial child.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top