Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2015, 11:51 AM

6,255 posts, read 17,099,655 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I take it you think white and dark skin smell differently? Probably should have asked that in a pm.
...Actually I think it was just a very clumsy way of just asking whether she can identify different ethnicities by smell.

The answer is yes. My wife isn't blind, but she has one of the strongest senses of smell I've ever witnessed.

Where she used to work, whenever her Indian clients came in, she could smell them before they ever reached her office and she'd know they had arrived. Indian people cook/eat a lot of curry, and that has a pungent smell. Whether she smells the curry from them personally, or their clothes, who knows. But if a particular ethnicity was known for eating or drinking something that most other ethnicities did not, and it gave off a particular odor, they could probably be identified by smell.

Old 08-07-2015, 11:57 AM

3,027 posts, read 2,520,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
I like how you say black men, as if black women don't do this...whatever it is.

A poster just said a few posts up he has a black female friend who doesn't date black guys. Do I care? No, be happy and date whoever you want to, it won't hurt my feelings, the same way a non-black woman saying she would never date a black man.

You can sit there and analyze why people date who they want and have all the opinions you please. I tend not to concern myself with what people do in their personal life and judge who/how they date.
you know as well as i do that bw who do not date bm are rare. i cannot control who others date, nor do I want to. but I just think it is disturbing to see bm/bw pursue the product of white men/women so desperately, like this young poet.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:03 PM

9,855 posts, read 11,931,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Californian34 View Post
if someone doesn't date people who look like them, even when those people have all other traits they are looking for, then they are making their dating choices based on appearance, the appearance of someone who doesn't look like them. people can date who they want, but I can have an opinion. to deny that many black men chose non black mates due to white supremacist programming is to deny racism itself.
I still can't tell whether you are male or female, but I suspect you are American. Black American. I've seen some of the things black American women say about black American men, and what black American men say about black American women. Mostly it isn't pretty. Shouldn't that be fixed first, before anyone black American, male or female, lays hands on another black American for avoiding them as mates?? I had a white co-worker once get upset with me. I was dating someone new and he asked me what race they were. He knew my history. I told him she was white. He said, "you really should stop this and find someone of your own race to date". I asked him why and he said "because black women are such ___________". So, I should want to deal with that because maybe black men have some innate ability to work with that... energy, that black women possess. An energy that he finds objectionable. I have the right, as you admit, to be with who I think I can work with. Obviously if I am wrong about my appeal I will go home alone most evenings. It does take two to tango. If a white person wants to exclusively date black and vice versa there is enough slack in the population that it will have no effect on anyone's ability to find someone. Nor is there anything wrong with it. Better that they do that than break hearts in relationships they don't really want.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
If she wants to play a stereotypical card like "Uncle Tom", I could play one with her right now with the way she's taking objection to me and others dating outside of our race.
I've dated ir before I got married. I never dated exclusively ir, however, which is completely different.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I've also noted how blacks who aren't classy & progressive call those that are Uncle Toms. Way to keep proving that theory.
you have not noted any such thing.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:07 PM

13,448 posts, read 15,481,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leisesturm View Post
I still can't tell whether you are male or female, but I suspect you are American. Black American. I've seen some of the things black American women say about black American men, and what black American men say about black American women. Mostly it isn't pretty. Shouldn't that be fixed first, before anyone black American, male or female, lays hands on another black American for avoiding them as mates?? I had a white co-worker once get upset with me. I was dating someone new and he asked me what race they were. He knew my history. I told him she was white. He said, "you really should stop this and find someone of your own race to date". I asked him why and he said "because black women are such ___________". So, I should want to deal with that because maybe black men have some innate ability to work with that... energy, that black women possess. An energy that he finds objectionable. I have the right, as you admit, to be with who I think I can work with. Obviously if I am wrong about my appeal I will go home alone most evenings. It does take two to tango. If a white person wants to exclusively date black and vice versa there is enough slack in the population that it will have no effect on anyone's ability to find someone. Nor is there anything wrong with it. Better that they do that than break hearts in relationships they don't really want.
That's really sad that your co-worker views Black women as b****es. Maybe some Black women take offense to the statistically inconsequential IR pairings involving Black men because they too are tired of being labeled and misunderstood?

Old 08-07-2015, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhilliesPhan2013 View Post
Or maybe it's because of personal experiences. Right now, I don't want to date a black woman. I just got out of a terrible relationship with one. Mostly all the black women I know are ghetto due to where I grew up. I know that there are exceptions; in fact, there is one who plays volleyball for my college's team who I would date in a heartbeat. She's about the only one. I'm ready to try something new and different. My next girlfriend will most likely be white as my best friend has an Italian friend she wants to hook me up with.
so all the black women where you come from are "ghetto", but the black men are not?

Old 08-07-2015, 12:15 PM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
The hate can be found on all sides. I see this on youtube alot.

As for your experience with your co-worker, I find his/her move to be a move of stupidity. I also thought this. I wonder if your co-worker just didn't want to see Black men with women of other races, just like some of the posters I've known who have made incendiary comments about Black men.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:16 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,600,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
The answer is yes. My wife isn't blind, but she has one of the strongest senses of smell I've ever witnessed.

Where she used to work, whenever her Indian clients came in, she could smell them before they ever reached her office and she'd know they had arrived. Indian people cook/eat a lot of curry, and that has a pungent smell. Whether she smells the curry from them personally, or their clothes, who knows. But if a particular ethnicity was known for eating or drinking something that most other ethnicities did not, and it gave off a particular odor, they could probably be identified by smell.
I agree about that but if both white and dark skin humans ate the same foods for years, the skin smell would be no different. That's just my opinion.

Old 08-07-2015, 12:17 PM

Quote:
I don't know how old you are but I am 57. I might be older than you. Around the block more times. This may be hard to hear but I'ma say it anyway: the bolded above is wrong. It just is. A black stoner? You mean drug addict? It's complicated, and you are attempting to over simplify. A black crack addict is not the same thing as a white tweaker or pot head. Only in America are the distinctions this sharp but America is where we are so the huge divide between white and black is very relevant. Full disclosure: I am born to, and raised by emigrated, and native, Caribbeans. This is HUGE.

My entire family (except one... not me) are hyper assimilated citizens of the universe that transcend color and/or race. All of them should be with white men and women, but none (except me) are, and as a result, none of them are with anyone permanently, or happily. They ARE white, but they insist on dating black men and women who don't understand white people, so, by extension, they don't understand my family members. You imply that a black nerd can go out and find another black nerd without too much trouble. Really? Not. Sure it will happen if you have two lifetimes to wait, but who does? If its a nerd you want the white race has them in much greater numbers. Sure I can find a sophisticated black woman who is professional. Will she like going to the gym? Possibly. Will she also be an Atheist? Unlikely. Some things either don't exist at all in the black community or exist in such small numbers that it may as well not exist. When I was dating I always kept an eye out for that one in a million (literally) sister that was compatible with the unique (apparently) organism that is Leisesturm. I never did find her. This bothers you. You think I didn't try hard enough. I'm not sure why I should. As I said before more people of color should do what I have done. Some people just aren't meant to stay on the farm. They should be allowed to follow their heart without guilt.
first of all, you are not a black American the way I am a black American. my families' have been here since slavery. your history is not mine and my history is not yours. then you go on to say you don't even consider yourself black. well then why would your input on this issue matter to me? secondly, all you literally have to do is type black nerd (online community) into Google and BAM! you being 20 years my senior has nothing to do with anything, unless you are explaining why you have trouble locating various niche sites for black people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies