Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2015, 06:53 PM

3,038 posts, read 2,411,261 times

Advertisements

Limited socio economic ladder, statistically different and often inferior family life, statistically poor education levels, severely high crime rates. Sorry, not racist to screen who your daughter dates.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Limited socio economic ladder, statistically different and often inferior family life, statistically poor education levels, severely high crime rates. Sorry, not racist to screen who your daughter dates.
My parents and their friends come from the hood and are very successful.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:56 PM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
My, "Bull" was a response to you, "I've had crushes on have been non-Black women. And it doesn't stop there. There have been Black women of immigrant parents(Africa, the West Indies) who said that their parents don't want them to date African-American men. There are times when I find myself say "Man, we're despised by everyone, even foreign-born Blacks".

How people, women and their families, respond to you may not have anything to do with your skin color. I don't know you, but you have many criteria on paper many women would like. Sometimes rejection isn't about the reason men think it is. Sometimes men just don't know how they project themselves to others and aren't as great or as put upon as they think they are.

Honestly, I don't care and just responded to your post on a whim....
Well, sometimes when stuff like this comes up, I do wonder. I should have been more clear. There have been women who have mentioned that their parents would not want them to date African-American men. However, as far as flat out rejection goes, I was never told "sorry, I won't date you, I don't do Black guys". However, I can understand how that Yale student would feel. When I say "I've been the guy who had crushes on non-Black women", I was relating to this: I do wonder if I like a woman, who just so happens to be of a different race/or ethnicity than me, would her parents approve. Hearing such things, it makes me wonder about certain things and it is worrying.

Old 08-06-2015, 06:58 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,192,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smart-dumb-kid View Post
Your trolling is obvious. You make an controversial claim, and dismiss the opposition. If you're going to post in this topic, do so honestly.
Don't feed the troll!

Old 08-06-2015, 07:08 PM

3,349 posts, read 2,846,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dpm1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Don't feed the troll!
I am done this thread .

Old 08-06-2015, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crouching_tiger View Post
Well I would warn my daughter not to date an inbred white trash redneck as much as not dating a ghetto thug.
Basically, keep away from underclass trash of any race. I do the same. I don't hang around underclass trash either.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:15 PM

4,750 posts, read 3,564,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Balkins View Post
Parents want their kids to marry within there race...what is the Great Mystery ???
Good parents want their kids happy and safe and could care less about everything else.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:28 PM

13,447 posts, read 15,466,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TristramShandy View Post
Good parents want their kids happy and safe and could care less about everything else.
Yes, exactly. That's my take on it, as the parent of two girls.

Old 08-06-2015, 07:29 PM

1,829 posts, read 2,234,864 times
I had a black professor teaching a diversity class. He told us about the time a white kid came to the door to pick up his daughter for a date. I relate his story...

"I was in shock. This was unexpected to say the least. I said 'son, do you know who I am?' and he said 'yes sir, you're professor xxxxxxxx, you teach in the black studies department at U of X.' I said 'well then you know I teach about diversity at the university, but we don't practice it here in this home!' and I sent the kid away."

We were all laughing our asses off. Fathers are fathers regardless of race!

Old 08-06-2015, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuck's Dad View Post
I had a black professor teaching a diversity class. He told us about the time a white kid came to the door to pick up his daughter for a date. I relate his story...

"I was in shock. This was unexpected to say the least. I said 'son, do you know who I am?' and he said 'yes sir, you're professor xxxxxxxx, you teach in the black studies department at U of X.' I said 'well then you know I teach about diversity at the university, but we don't practice it here in this home!' and I sent the kid away."

We were all laughing our asses off. Fathers are fathers regardless of race!
I find this story more sad than anything. I find that the professor is a hypocrit.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies