Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2015, 01:29 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
Don't start with that ridiculous and tired lie. I have seen sooo many white women date black men just to come out acting ghetto, unhinged, uptight, angry bitter welfare collecting ladies toting their kids around while the father is no where to be found.

Black men want people to believe black women are the issue but all it takes is the switch of the tv and you'll see the real issue and it's these black men. They commit the most violent crimes, commit the most shiftless acts, don't wed their black OR white baby mamas, and basically try to live their lives like their rap role models.

As much as society is moving towards this feminist angle, lets make no mistake, men highly influence their women. And one thing I've noticed in any relationship with a black man, is that he tends to bring so much baggage that the woman (white or black) ends up inheriting that mess.

Believe your lies, but what I wrote is nothing but the truth. And black society would be in a better place if more black men took responsibility for their actions like their black grandfathers and great grandfathers.
(1) Your anecdotal evidence means nothing.

(2) You believe what you see on TV? LOL.

(3) (underlined) Black men don't own Black women.

(4) How do we go from a Yale student's performance and life experiences to Black men need to stop committing so much crime? There's literally no correlation between the two, just stop it.

(5) And last but certainly not least, it takes two to tangle. Women need to take "responsibility" for who they're dating and have some standards instead of putting them blame on an entire group of people.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:29 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Railman96 View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/40746880-post265.html She literally proved you wrong a few posts up...

Your anecdotal evidence means as much as me saying "I'm the President of the United States" or "I'm the sexiest man alive".
No, she didn't.

The evidence is hardly anecdotal. Affluent black men (of which there aren't many in terms of total population) are hardly ever seen with black women.

As I said, the key word is affluent. If a black man has wealth, he is able to date outside his race a lot easier, and rarely do they seem to choose black women. I'm sure you'll change your tune if you ever make enough money to pull it off yourself.

Your statement about anecdotal evidence made absolutely no sense to the discussion.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:32 PM

596 posts, read 627,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goofy328 View Post
There aren't any Black women at Yale?
More than there are black men. Such a sad truth.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:33 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
You don't need studies because you wrote, "Generally speaking, I think....."

It's your opinion. It means nothing to anybody but you.

You do know the difference between stating an opinion and making a definitive statement, don't you?
Yes, it's called an opinion. It's also born out by facts. That's how intelligent people form opinions. If you'd like to argue the point, maybe you should present facts of your own (not opinions, though you seem to be an expert on those) and maybe you'd have more credibility.

Old 08-09-2015, 01:38 PM

69 posts, read 60,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
No, she didn't.

The evidence is hardly anecdotal. Affluent black men (of which there aren't many in terms of total population) are hardly ever seen with black women.

As I said, the key word is affluent. If a black man has wealth, he is able to date outside his race a lot easier, and rarely do they seem to choose black women. I'm sure you'll change your tune if you ever make enough money to pull it off yourself.

Your statement about anecdotal evidence made absolutely no sense to the discussion.
If a father doesn't want his daughter dating a man, due to his preferences, suddenly he is labeled a "racist."

Old 08-09-2015, 01:42 PM

2,248 posts, read 2,346,625 times
Quote:
No, she didn't.

Oh really? OK, let's get started.

You stated "And from what I've seen personally, in my own life and then in the news, it comes down to a matter of affluence."

Anecdotal | Definition of anecdotal by Merriam-Webster Let's keep going...

"Generally speaking, I think black men would much rather date a white woman, or a latina, or asian vs a black woman."

What you "think" and reality are two completely different things. The numbers don't support your opinion

For your underlined statement, if you don't know personally how would you know how much money I make? Regardless, the small percentage of affluent Black male celebrities that you see with non-Black women is somehow proof that "black men would much rather date a white woman, or a latina, or asian vs a black woman."

Old 08-09-2015, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Who is black?

I don't think this young man ever said he only dates white women. He said he dates white women. And that's his choice - just as it was my choice to date outside of my race, including a black woman, forty years ago.

Saying that people who date those outside their ethnicity aren't seeing the beauty of those in their group, is simply pandering. Beauty comes in all colors and love is colorless.

This is a Yale student and you cannot even get past his color to see that.

Keep posting, you're only strengthening my point.

I don't wish to start an argument with you, I much rather have a discussion with you but you aren't black, so you don't understand the complexities of this conversation.

When I hear my full black male cousins say they ONLY want to date hispanic and white ladies for superficial reasons like "pretty" hair or the chance of blue or hazel eyes and light skinned children, THAT'S an issue. .

I watch my male cousins and the guys of my generation choose horrible women in terms of personality all because they have light, fair skin. (Kanye West comes to mind).

Yet they'll vilify black women for wearing fake hair but date a white woman who does the same. When a black woman wear their natural hair black men tend to tell them to straighten it. Latinas can be sassy and with an attiude and black men will love it, because it's the "latin" spice, but a black woman shows any frustration or anger and she's bitter.

How is any of this fair!?? These are senseless double standards.

So when a poster says that black men exclusively date outside their race, please don't discredit it, because it's pretty rampant within the black community, and I am speaking from first hand experience.

Last edited by MMorena; 08-09-2015 at 02:47 PM..

Old 08-09-2015, 02:11 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
No, she didn't.

My dad is an affluent black man(he makes in the top 5% an income in the USA) and he has no interest in white women, his current gf is black. He's always been attracted to black women. My sister, a Harvard graduate, just went to 5 weddings this summer--all of these were for black females that married black man. They all were ivy league graduates. Ever heard of Jack and Jill? An organization for affluent blacks--in which the majority of black men and black women within this organization marry other blacks with the same socioeconomic status?

https://www.pinterest.com/blackwoman...s-girlfriends/
List Of Pro Athletes Who Married Black Women | Bossip

Look, I'm a black woman so I'm not going to pretend that it isn't true that black men do date out frequently, because they do and we all know it. I've dated a ton of BM that frequently date out, and I have a black brother and black male cousins that have dated out. I have never dated a black man that has not dated across the rainbow but guess what? These men also date black women. An ex of mine told me, "Look I don't discriminate, if a woman is gorgeous f*** race." And that's really how a lot of black men feel. I'm not going to argue about whether this mindset is right(especially when we consider the number of black women that are hurt when black men date out) but that is the mindset that I've observed.

Now, let's keep it real--white women have no problem approaching or pursuing men of other races. In fact they pursue Black men and other nonbm to the point where bm don't really have to chase them to begin with. I say this based on the same observations you've made--anecdotes--where I've SEEN these women chasing my brother, cousins, black male friends, black men I've dated, and so on. I remember in middle school the number of white girls that wrote my brother disgusting notes talking about how big his d*** was, and so forth, with their numbers attached. I rarely ever saw the opposite occur--with black men chasing after nonbw, because they don't really have to. This is not a diss against white women at all because I've noticed that white women tend to be more aggressive when it comes to dating to begin with(as in they will let their interest be known when it comes to dating ANY man, race aside).

The only issue that I have is when a black man is ignorant and negatively stereotypes black women while putting white women on a pedestal. Otherwise me and the women I know, don't complain about marriage, dating, or how hard it is to date black men or men in general because it IS NOT, and we are all black women.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faith2187 View Post
If we're going by YouTube videos apparently black men prefer white women because bw have fake hair and nails, bad attitudes, always think their men are cheating etc.
http://youtu.be/vZPBUVycJDw

Lol. The problem with YouTube videos is that anyone can make them and choose to let their personal opinions and observations speak for the rest of us. Yes we know that there are black men that don't like black women but jumping to the conclusion that most black men feel this way?

The majority of my black friends are married to black men. Only a couple of the women are light.
Which is crazy because most white women wear fake hair, fake nails, draw on their eyebrows and are now getting fake butts. Yet, it's all fine on a white body.

Furthermore, most black women I know have natural hair, some pass their back (naturally---shocker I know ) or wear it curly and black men overlook them but conveniently say that all black girl wear weaves.

Also my friends in college that were black didn't have attitudes and had lovely personalities and black guys would know these girls and still lie and say "all" black girls have attitudes.

Old 08-09-2015, 02:29 PM

3,063 posts, read 3,270,637 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMorena View Post
I don't wish to start an argument with you, I much rather have a discussion eith you but you aren't black, so you don't understand the complexities of this conversation.

WhenI hear my full black male cousins say they ONLY want to date hispanic and white ladies for superficial reasons like "pretty" hair or the chance of blue or hazel eyes and light skinned children, THAT'S an issue. .

I watch my male cousins and the guys of my generation choose horrible women in terms of personality all because they have light, fair skin. (Kanye West comes to mind).

Yet they'll vilify black women for wearing fake hair but date a white woman who does the same. When a black woman wear their natural hair black men tend to tell them to straighten it. Latinas can be sassy and with an attiude and black men will love it, because it's the "latin" spice, but a black woman shows any frustration or anger and she's bitter.

How is any of this fair!?? These are senseless double standards.

So when a poster says that black men exclusively date outside their race, please don't discredit it, because it's pretty rampant within the black community, and I am speaking from first hand experience.
And the underlined is the only problem I have with it--I don't care when or if a black man dates out but when he starts saying silly ish that is when I believe there is some deep self-hatred happening.

I dated a guy last year on and off who only dated white girls before me, but he was attracted to me and he liked me, and I liked him so despite the fact that I had dated men like him before and knew there might have been some *issues* lurking I dated him. There were times where out of humor he would compare me to white girls. One time he called me to stop at the liquor store and buy a bottle. And I asked him why he couldn't just get the bottle, since it was on his way(to our destination) He said, "see that's the problem with black chicks, yall trip about buying stuff. My white girls, when I ask them to buy a bottle, the only thing they ask is what kind? They don't care about the cost or about me buying it. but black girls blah blah" And that immediately let me know a few things about him, but really it exposed how silly he was. He wanted me to buy a bottle of liquor and I had no problem doing it, because I'm not petty like that, but the liquor store was closer to him than me, so it made no sense, and questioning it meant that I was a tripping gold-digger?

Or another guy I dated said he stayed out of the sun because he got as dark as midnight, and I was just like, "well I love chocolate men" and he smiled and said, "Good because if I have kids I could only have them with a girl that was light like you or else my kids would be too dark" or some silly stuff like that.

Or the many guys that have asked me "Are you mixed? You don't look like a black girl."

Or, "black girls have too much attitude and are ghetto, but you're not. You act just like a white girl, and that's why I can date you."

This is really the ONLY time I have issue with black men and their preference for other women--when it's based on ignorance.

However, thankfully, more often than not, I don't hear these types of things from the black men that I do date--even the ones that do date out.

It's interesting that this is something you hear frequently from the men in your family.

I have a black son--though he's light skinned with curly hair though and is a pretty boy with dimples(lol), he looks just like me--I'd be offended if he didn't find women attractive that look similar to him. Because he looks like me. He's cute because of me. If he dates out I don't care, but if he dates out because he doesn't like the way women that look like him look then that is problematic. He's not dark skinned, so I can't say that I'd be upset if he chose black women his complexion or chose black women darker than him, or lighter, but I can say that if he favored women that looked nothing like him I would want to at least understand why? Is it because he doesn't like how he looks or is it just the way he's wired, his environment, etc? I really try hard not to assume something without at least getting to know the person. I don't think all black men that date out do it out of ignorance(at least I hope not).

And really, I can't really speak too much on why some black men prefer women that aren't black but I know that these men aren't the majority. I do wish they'd stop with the silly youtube videos though.

Last edited by Faith2187; 08-09-2015 at 03:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies