U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:23 PM
 
26,310 posts, read 24,376,271 times
Reputation: 15990

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think the best people think we can do right now is to vote for someone who can potentially fire everybody in Washington. Trump might be their DC nuke.
I want it, but fear it won't happen....Trump attacked the Media last night and just a few moments ago, someone on Fox News threatened and said,
"you don't criticise the Media". That really dug deep and shows just how much power they have.

They are already trying to run him down...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:27 PM
 
13,055 posts, read 4,416,033 times
Reputation: 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
yes, my concern is, who decided to chose who runs for President?

Who exactly decides?
The establishment decides. They use all kinds of tricks to do it. Last night was a perfect example. Megan Kelly was instructed by her bosses (R establishment) to go after Trump. Her and Wallace both were complete hacks last night. The establishment on both sides uses the media to tell people who they should vote for. The establishment takes their marching orders from the elites that actually run the world, the big bankers. If their tricks don't work, they result to vote fraud.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:36 PM
 
Location: O.C.
2,821 posts, read 2,735,032 times
Reputation: 2084
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course not, it doesn't have the circus like atmosphere the Republican one has. My point is there are plenty of people who watched this debate for the entertainment aspect and not due to wanting to vote for one of the Republicans in the debate.
You REALLY think millions of people not interested in voting for any of the candidates are going to sit there for over two hours watching a debate 13 months from election day? Right. Most people wont even waste 5 minutes watching a Kardashian episode. No one is sitting there and devoting two hours to something they hate or have zero interest in. Keep telling yourself that though if it makes you feel better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:37 PM
 
Location: Utah
546 posts, read 323,568 times
Reputation: 674
Here's an alternative theory to the questions targeted at Trump were all part of a huge establishment conspiracy to bring him down, that I am seeing a lot of in this thread.

Trump hasn't run for office before, right? Most of the others on the stage have held political office.

The people with records in office get questions about that because, well, they HAVE a record.

Trump doesn't. All they have to go on is what publicity he has gotten as a "celebrity".

The fact that he is different is going to lead to different kinds of questions than the other candidates got. He doesn't have a record in office to tout or defend.

And whether or not Hillary is the D nominee or not, the War On Women faction will be fired up by what they perceive as misogyny. Trump's name-calling would be used against him in a general election, of that I have no doubt.

The question could undoubtedly been phrased better, but Trump's answer could have been better too.

As another political outsider, I don't think Carson was hit as hard because he's not the front-runner.

And if it actually is a conspiracy by the GOP establishment to get Trump out of the race? Maybe it's because there is no way he could win, they know that, and they do not want another Democrat in the WH for another 4-8 years? Maybe it's not because of any personal animus, but because they genuinely believe the GOP needs to win the WH to turn the tide in this country?

Yes, we have many people sick and tired of the same old same old in politics. But I don't think we have enough that would vote for someone as polarizing as Trump.

With that said, there really needs to be more of an effort made for all candidates to get equal time, and for all of the candidates to answer questions about the same issues, so their positions can be compared fairly.

With 10 candidates on the stage, I think the debate should have been longer, in order to be more comprehensive and fair about time given each candidate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:39 PM
 
26,310 posts, read 24,376,271 times
Reputation: 15990
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
The establishment decides. They use all kinds of tricks to do it. Last night was a perfect example. Megan Kelly was instructed by her bosses (R establishment) to go after Trump. Her and Wallace both were complete hacks last night. The establishment on both sides uses the media to tell people who they should vote for. The establishment takes their marching orders from the elites that actually run the world, the big bankers. If their tricks don't work, they result to vote fraud.
I get it... thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:40 PM
 
13,055 posts, read 4,416,033 times
Reputation: 6360
Quote:
Originally Posted by HuskyMama View Post
Here's an alternative theory to the questions targeted at Trump were all part of a huge establishment conspiracy to bring him down, that I am seeing a lot of in this thread.

Trump hasn't run for office before, right? Most of the others on the stage have held political office.

The people with records in office get questions about that because, well, they HAVE a record.

Trump doesn't. All they have to go on is what publicity he has gotten as a "celebrity".

The fact that he is different is going to lead to different kinds of questions than the other candidates got. He doesn't have a record in office to tout or defend.

And whether or not Hillary is the D nominee or not, the War On Women faction will be fired up by what they perceive as misogyny. Trump's name-calling would be used against him in a general election, of that I have no doubt.

The question could undoubtedly been phrased better, but Trump's answer could have been better too.

As another political outsider, I don't think Carson was hit as hard because he's not the front-runner.

And if it actually is a conspiracy by the GOP establishment to get Trump out of the race? Maybe it's because there is no way he could win, they know that, and they do not want another Democrat in the WH for another 4-8 years? Maybe it's not because of any personal animus, but because they genuinely believe the GOP needs to win the WH to turn the tide in this country?

Yes, we have many people sick and tired of the same old same old in politics. But I don't think we have enough that would vote for someone as polarizing as Trump.

With that said, there really needs to be more of an effort made for all candidates to get equal time, and for all of the candidates to answer questions about the same issues, so their positions can be compared fairly.

With 10 candidates on the stage, I think the debate should have been longer, in order to be more comprehensive and fair about time given each candidate.
The issue at hand is that the PEOPLE should have the decision who is the candidate or not, not the media or other politicians. By the media doing what they do best, last night was a glaring example, they are effectively trying to make the people's decision for them. Who cares what the media or other politicians think of Trump, let the actual voters decide and if they decide they want him then so be it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Ohio
13,964 posts, read 10,736,154 times
Reputation: 7242
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
That she doesn't like Trump is clear. A professional doesn't allow her/his personal opinions affect their job performance to any great degree especially on critical matters. Megyn failed as a professional last night.

As for Trump, he impressed me with how he handled Megyn although his closing statement was a rehash from earlier comments. Still Trump's attack on Political Correctness (Nazis to me), has me almost open to consider him. But the fact he identified some problem and says he's going to fix it is fine. Explain to me how you're going to do that.
Exactly, because he has no idea what he's talking about. Any one of us could stand in front of a camera and spout off all the right talking points, say the right things and promise to fix them. Are you telling me you couldn't do exactly what Trump is doing? Of course any of us could, but the gravy is in the substantive solutions we have for those problems, of which Trump has none.

Time to give up the summer love affair with Trump and start supporting a real candidate. We have a great field this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:46 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
71,593 posts, read 83,140,440 times
Reputation: 41458
Quote:
Originally Posted by dexter14 View Post
You think the Democratic debate in Oct is going to do anywhere close to 24 million? lol. People are looking to see who they want to be the next President, thats why so may tuned in.
I thought the next debate was in Sept. Is it Oct?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:48 PM
 
Location: Wonderland
44,179 posts, read 35,758,434 times
Reputation: 62444
I wish Rubio was more seasoned and had more experience in general. But maybe his day will come in the future.

I am intrigued by the idea of a Cruz/Fiorini ticket.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-07-2015, 01:48 PM
 
2,767 posts, read 2,477,053 times
Reputation: 1920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Of course not, it doesn't have the circus like atmosphere the Republican one has. My point is there are plenty of people who watched this debate for the entertainment aspect and not due to wanting to vote for one of the Republicans in the debate.
Hillary Clinton will give the Democratic debates a circus atmosphere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top