U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who won in your opinion the 9 pm debate
Trump 71 42.77%
Bush 3 1.81%
Huckabee 3 1.81%
Walker 1 0.60%
Carson 9 5.42%
Paul 6 3.61%
Christie 5 3.01%
Kasick 28 16.87%
Cruz 13 7.83%
Rubio 27 16.27%
Voters: 166. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2015, 03:31 PM

1,373 posts, read 816,571 times

Advertisements

I love how everyone question to each of the candidates went something to the affect of ....

"When you take on Hillary Clinton in 2016.. how will you...?"

"What do you think Hillary's position on...?"

"Why when Hillary is the POTUS will you believe she is wrong when she..?"

sorry but was there an election already held before last night's debate that I missed?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2015, 03:33 PM

14,379 posts, read 7,931,416 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lookb4youcross View Post
No, I never saw the full debate, only clips. I have Over the Air TV, and netflix. If you ever noticed me posting around here before, you would know I am not a left winger. As for my vote it will be Rand Paul.

I've been here for many years, and have debated hundreds of regulars. I didn't recognize you, but I'll make a mental note that you must be a fellow Libertarian(?)

I'm still holding out hope that Paul will settle down and start defending his record of defending the Constitution, rather than jumping on Trump and Christie. It's beneath him to even acknowledge they exist.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:36 PM

36,471 posts, read 15,965,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Exactly. Some people defend Trump by saying "oh this was just a Twitter war" but really, could they please name other celebrities who have made similar comments about women? This is even unusual behavior for a celebrity, let alone a presidential candidate

I agree.

"could they please name other celebrities who have made similar comments about women?"

Oh, I get it. women want "equal rights" until,they get criticized, then they want to be treated differently.

Men have been called all sorts of things through the years. If women can' take the criticism, they should stay out of politics.

Sorry, it doesn't work that way.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:39 PM

1,245 posts, read 754,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
I've been here for many years, and have debated hundreds of regulars. I didn't recognize you, but I'll make a mental note that you must be a fellow Libertarian(?)

I'm still holding out hope that Paul will settle down and start defending his record of defending the Constitution, rather than jumping on Trump and Christie. It's beneath him to even acknowledge they exist.
Libertarian/independent works for me. I saw the Rand paul part where donut boy was trying to defend violating the 4th amendment on infowars.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:41 PM

6,391 posts, read 1,270,617 times
I don't understand why so many believed that Trump won! He came across, imo, as being exactly what Jeb Bush was accused of calling him (i.e, a buffoon and an a$$hole). I think that yes, people will watch and even cheer for him, but do any of you think that the majority of people would ever actually vote for him. I think Trump's appeal is the political equivalent of the Judge Judy or Jerry Springer shows -- a kind of trashy entertainment that is sometimes fascinating, but more often painful, to watch.

Kasich was the one who came across as being the most moderate, and therefore (again, imo), I think he has the best chance of winning. Of course, I do realize that many Republicans are NOT looking for moderate. Runners-up to who won the debate were, imo, were Rubio and Bush.

(Rand Paul struck me as being at least slightly unhinged (and so did Trump, btw), and the others came across as being either too wishy-washy, too reactionary, or simply not presidential material at all.)

Old 08-07-2015, 03:42 PM

2,675 posts, read 960,755 times
Rubio is an empty suit. Looks good, speaks ok but look under the hood and is empty. Plenty of financial issues with him, not as bright as he and others think he is. He is a career politician, will say and do what he is told to do to move up and keep the cash flowing.

I know he won't get the spot but Kasich is the best guy to attract independents and beat Hillary.

Old 08-07-2015, 03:47 PM

30,994 posts, read 19,488,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Walker was the big loser last night with a dreadfully boring, empty performance. The online polls confirm that.
Walker looked sedated.
https://vine.co/v/ewhOmJVeqhJ

Old 08-07-2015, 03:49 PM

2,401 posts, read 846,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Hillary
I agree with this. Trump just continued being Trump and making outrageous statements and unsupported claims. The other candidates, by not challenging him, and the crowd, by cheering his every sentence, showed that it's not just Trump but Republicans in general that are misogynist, racist xenophobes. That should convince any Independents watching to vote Democrat.

Old 08-07-2015, 04:00 PM

5 posts, read 3,485 times
Default Trump Vs Megyn Kelly. The REAL outrage was that she singled out women!

Regarding Megyn Kelly's question to Trump:
"You've called women you don't like fat pigs, dogs, slobs and disgusting animals,"

The REAL outrage here is not that he said these things or refused to be contrite about them but the fact that we are still singling out mistreatment of women as this somehow WORSE offense than mistreatment of men, mistreatment of various ethnic groups or mistreatment of any other group.

Many people have been insulted by Donald Trump and not just women. What he said about Mexicans was much worse!

Why does Megyn Kelly feel that this is some special brand of offense because women are the target of it?

Here is the problem! If we live in a society of true equality, women no longer get to play the special victim
of any perceived slight just because of their gender. It's an equal playing field now!
This mentality is a throwback to the days when women were considered the weaker sex and could't defend themselves.

Hillary Clinton had the GALL to employ it in the last election, claiming "All the boys are picking on me"!

I'm not a fan or Trump and he's a joke as a serious candidate but how refreshing it is, how utterly refreshing to hear someone who is not in the least bit politically correct and doesn't backtrack on anything he says despite the PC crowd's attempts to shame him into doing so. He basically said, "I said it, if you don't like it, too bad, we have more important things to discuss". Absolutely! So refreshing to hear someone who isn't going to stammer and retract and apologize for every imagined slight and faux pas.

But the larger issue this incident revealed is a question:
Why are we still treating women like special victims in the case of offense or anything else if we have equality?

Old 08-07-2015, 04:03 PM

1,057 posts, read 845,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I thought the next debate was in Sept. Is it Oct?
The next GOP debate is on September 16. (CNN)

The first DNC debate is on October 13. (CNN)

- skbl17
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies